Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #41
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
Back in the 80s there was a high-profile trial involving Judas Priest- a pair of teens committed suicide by 12-ga after a day-long beer/weed/metal binge. Well, one of them killed himself. The other one just blew the bottom half of his face off, and lived a couple more years. Very unpleasant

Apparently the trick to sleeping pills is to combine them with a decent-size plastic bag secured over your head. Want time for the pills to take effect before you run out of air and panic.
i remember that, didnt the kid wind up killing himelf anyway?

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #42
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I suffer from severe depression, as do many of my family members.

I feel the same way Rider does. What does that make me?
So what meds are you on, if any, and do you see a therapist? If the answer is no to both of these, then your life must be miserable.

But wait. You're planning a wonderful wedding with the man of your dreams. So the depression must be manageable and accepted by your intended.

Not being a bitch, just asking what your level of tolerance is. Some people feel bad enough to end their lives, others get help or just live with it.
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #43
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070803900.html
Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #44
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Hanging, cutting wrists, taking pills.. yeah that's just asking for help. I can think of some pretty sure fire ways to end it if you really wanted to. If you really want to do the job right a shotgun blast with 00 buck shot under the chin would get a positive result.
Pills worked for the most famous child molester

Last edited by karl_1052; 07-08-2009 at 11:09 PM..
karl_1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Once the pain gets too great, I'm gonna Kurt Cobain it but not without taking a few other assholes with me!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #46
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
So what meds are you on, if any, and do you see a therapist? If the answer is no to both of these, then your life must be miserable.

But wait. You're planning a wonderful wedding with the man of your dreams. So the depression must be manageable and accepted by your intended.

Not being a bitch, just asking what your level of tolerance is. Some people feel bad enough to end their lives, others get help or just live with it.
I don't feel the reason matters at all. Taking your own life is the easy way out. All it does is leave your love ones with a lot of pain.

About 5-10 years ago a kid killed himself in his family home. This was the same sub division that my wife grew up in and her parents still live there. I think myu wife knew who he was, anyway his parents were out and I believe he shot himself. I'm pretty sure his parents are the ones that found him. Anyway they couldn't go back to the house after he did it. The house was cleaned up and sold. He could have took his stupid ass into the woods and did it.

My brothers friend was and easy going guy. Life of the party and so on. One night he was out with friends at a bar, in the morning he walked to the bridge and sat on the railing. A woman walking to work asked him to get down and turned her head for a sec. When she looked back he was gone. The fucker jumped. Now his friends had to deal with losing him after losing three friends to a car crash about a year before if that. I don't think they really know why he did it. I know he took the death his friend in the car crash but do did her other friends. My brother had the next night off to go out and party with her for her birthday. A bunch of her friends and her father (including my brother) got matching tattoos on their calfs. Much better idea then jumping.

I was depressed as a teen. I thought about killing myself. But the more I thought about it the more I know I couldn't do it. I didn't feel anything that was getting me down was worth killing myself for and that would just put my pain on my family. That would have been a prick thing to do. I got over it.

Level of depression? At 21 I found out my girlfriend (my wife now) was pregnant. I canceled my New York trip with about 15 other people because I needed to work to take care of my baby that was on the way. I was ready to stand up and do what I had to do.

During all this my girlfriend walks into my work crying because we were called into the hospital. We get there and they tell us that our daughter was going to have downs syndrome. Then we get the oh sorry, we have the wrong file. About a month later during an ultrasound I see something that didn't look right. The tech noticed it and checked it out more. Then we have to talk to other doctors as well and find out my baby was going to have a mild case of spina bifita.

We were also in the hospital a few time because we thought she was going into labour. On my mothers birthday Lisa was having pains and we ended up in the hospital again. She was in labour this time and the couldn't stop it. We were told she was good to have reg birth. So that what we decided on. My daughter got turned sideways and the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. So they rushed Lisa in for a emergency c section.

I was in the room for it and had to listen to them try to get my daughter to take a breath. It took about 10 minutes or so. They were just about to stop when she did.

I had the chance to hold my daughter, one side of her was bruised from them trying to get her out. Lisa did as well but had to hand her off, the meds made her throw up. She doesn't remember holding her.

My daughter was absorbing less oxygen and they said they were giving her the max they could give a child that size.

I went outside and wanted to smash a window or hit the first person I walked by I was so upset. I was wondering what the fuck I did to have this happen to my daughter. I decided hurting someone else wasn't really going to make me feel better so I didn't and I also didn't damage anyones property.

Later at the age of 21 I had to decide if I should leave my daughter on the machines and possibly have her die during the night or take her off the machines. I felt that if I kept her on the machine I was being selfish. If I took her off I was giving up on her.

This happen on Dec 8 1996. I'm still dealing with this today.

Today my mother went into the hospital. If something were to happen to her I don't know how I will handle it.

I don't take meds. I hate medication. I went off of work 4 years ago with anxiety attacks. They meds made me worst because i was pissed that I had be on them and I wasn't fit to be in public on them. I flipped out really easy. Stopping the last one cold turkey without telling my doctor before hand and getting into the ring with my brother the next day wasn't a great idea but I was happy to be off the shit.

Thats my level of depression. Life sucks right now for me but compared to losing my daughter its a walk in the park.

Suicide is the easy way out. I also have no respect for someone that does it.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #47
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Compassion would be better.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #48
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Compassion would be better.
I have compassion when they depressed, that all goes away when they take their own life.

I fell for the all the family members that are now depressed because they didn't notice or maybe didn't do enough to save this person.

When my brothers friend jumped off the bridge another friend of his was really upset. I was talking to him and he said he went out on his deck for a smoke that morning. He said he would have had to walk by there to get to the bridge. He said maybe if I looked down and talked to him or something if I seen him. He said he would normally stop by. He was just thinking about how he might have been able to help him.

Why should I feel anything for someone that killed themselves so they could stop feeling and while doing so cause others pain.

I feel for those that are now hurting. His mother I feel for... His friends I feel for... The woman that almost saved him I feel for... The people that fished his body out of the harbor I feel for... Him who I met and seemed like a good kid, I feel nothing good for...

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #49
Fleck750
Spiker bike

There is nothing you can do once they're gone, I know. And most times no one knows a persons intentions. But to condemn them as not manly enough or weak for killing themselves is harsh.

Just saying...
Old 07-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #50
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
There is nothing you can do once they're gone, I know. And most times no one knows a persons intentions. But to condemn them as not manly enough or weak for killing themselves is harsh.

Just saying...
No offense but I feel they can go fuck themselves. A woman in Halifax is a widow now because her husband decided he didn't want to live anymore. I like to know what was so bad that he had to leave her alone, crying because she is now alone.

We are just looking at it different. You want to feel for the one that didn't feel like they could deal with their problems. I rather feel for the people they left behind that now have to deal with the problems they left behind and the loss of a love one.

I was pulling out of a gas station when I heard that David Caradine passed away. I was sad when I heard that. I couldn't believe it. Then later I heard he took his own life. I was pissed and said fuck him. I was really disappointed in him. Now I think they say he might have been murdered I guess. Not sure. If his life was taken then I mourn him. If he did it I lose any respect I had for him.

If you feel the way you do because you are depressed I hope you get help. I have family on meds for depression. Depression is a tough think to deal with, but suicide isn't the answer. There is always someone that has is worse then you. Well except for one person. There has to be someone at the top of the list.

James