Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #41
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

I had planned to go to law school, with the hopes of doing civil liberties work and possibly pursuing a bench somewhere, but i just got too burned out on school. So i took the path of least resistance, and ended up with a pretty decent job as jobs go... flexible schedule, i can show up in shorts and a t-shirt, don't have to talk to people, and i get paid well (for the area). Spending time/mental energy on my hobbies is far more appealing than busting my ass to try to improve my career situation.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #42
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Why not just write? I'm confused as to why you would need the process?
Oh I am writing. I want to do a lot of different types of writing and was also looking for a way to start my own business. So the two ideas came together and now that's my little project that I run on the side.

The "process" is just a means of keeping afloat until I get into corporate training. I've applied to so many corporate training jobs but I don't have the corporate experience. So I decided to go out and get the corporate experience with a company that will support the end goal. Lots of connections in this company!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #43
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Haven't met a team owner who would drag me around the world on his dime. Still need to work on the skill levels too. By the time I'm ready to retire from this job, I might be able to live the dream.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:46 AM   #44
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Out of my three options I need to go to school for two of them. Each of them is $10000 or around there. So that is one thing I need. Thats not a big issue so thats not stopping anything.

If I go the firefighter route I have a couple of things to do besides get the money for training. I'm going to start on those because they will be good for me, firefighter or not.

James

Since you are able to do it now are you going to do it?

James

I should know in days if I will have some of the money for Fire school. If I get that I'm in. I still need to find the rest of the money but I will be in for at least the first half anyway.

Did anyone else decide to do anything they talked about in this thread?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #45
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Kepp doing what I am doing. Govt jobs rock.
Go to work is shorts, tshirts and sandals, work my 35 hours a week and make good money doing it.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #46
Rider
Moto GP Star

I have no practical experience outside of building my own motors for private use but if it paid enough, I'd love to build race motors. I've rebuilt lawn mower and 2 stroke engines quite a bit and I have assembled a V-8 engine before but I have no certification nor real world experience that would be required.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #47
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Did anyone else decide to do anything they talked about in this thread?
Yes, I'll be heading off to Montreal, to meet with representatives from Gauloises for a photography try-out at Assen this season. If it works out, I'll be on retainer and following the series for the next 5 years at a rate of €120K per year, plus expenses. There's a minimum dress code, so I'm being fitted for one of their white safety vests right now. I don't know how they can call it a safety vest though. Seems to me that these overly long sleeves and all of these straps could get stuck in something.

More on that later. They want me to come out with them to the bus now.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #48
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yes, I'll be heading off to Montreal, to meet with representatives from Gauloises for a photography try-out at Assen this season. If it works out, I'll be on retainer and following the series for the next 5 years at a rate of €120K per year, plus expenses. There's a minimum dress code, so I'm being fitted for one of their white safety vests right now. I don't know how they can call it a safety vest though. Seems to me that these overly long sleeves and all of these straps could get stuck in something.

Holy Cow! Congrats....that is really awesome.

I still don't know what I want to do with my life. But, I am trying not to force myself to figure it out. That alone stresses me out.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #49
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post

For MotoGP?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #50
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Sorry folks. I thought that the long sleeves and straps would be a dead give-away