Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #51
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Well you own this motherfucker....so lay down the law. Cursing in titles is MANDATORY.
Bannation if you use please or some other bushit fuck'n words
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #52
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
no theres still a day they wanted more time
They need to move to North Korea then. They can save the planet and bitch about capitalism every night...

I was at a bar and the bar tender turned some Buckcherry up extra extra loud for earth hour.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #53
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA

I celebrated Earth Hour during the day today buy purchasing a brand new Echo SRM 230 String Trimmer and burning some 50:1 cleaning up the fence line and sidewalk edges...

(this from a guy that just spent $500 to replace most of the fixtures in his duplex with flourescent lamp units, has a water heater timer, and uses a programmable thermostat)
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #54
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
plusone

it's the same thing with recycling, some people poo-poo it when in reality it doesn't take any more time or effort....... Just use the blue container for recycles, the other for trash......And if you don't have one, buy one, they're not that expensive.
I make extra money from recycling. I was collecting soda cans around the shop, taking the metal from the crates in. last summer it was well worth taking it in, today it's about 1/5th of what it was. that sucks.

around here, that little blue container for recyclables cost you an extra $15/month for them to come pick it up. there's an incentive for you. they charge you to pick it up and make they money off it when they turn it in.

I see Deffenbaugh or WM trucks where I take my scrap every time I go.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:00 AM   #55
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

My bro did that last summer, he just drove around towns emptying the cans into the back of his truck then when he filled it up a few times he would make a run to the scrapper who would give him just about $100 for a load. He was doing 4 loads a day for a while.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #56
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

I don't know why y'all are pissing and moaning about Earth Hour. Guess that you just aren't doing it right, if you get all up in arms about it. I got invited out for a home cooked, candle-lit dinner by one of my favourite girls. Maybe y'all just need to get laid.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #57
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Fifteen Patients Die as Earth Hour Kills Life Support in Hospital
By Brian Briggs

San Francisco, CA – Fifteen patients on life support and in surgery died at San Francisco General Hospital when power was cut for "Earth hour" on Saturday.

The hospital was pleased with their participation in the worldwide celebration of the planet. "We asked all the patients and their families if they were all right with us cutting the power. To a person, they all said as stewards of this planet it was their duty to observe Earth Hour. They knew the risks and were willing to take it," said hospital administrator Lawrence Cho.

Cho said that it was a net gain for planet Earth, despite the deaths. "The dead patients will no longer use any energy, and actually will be turned into energy in our patient incinerator," said hospital administrator Lawrence Cho.

As power was cut in the critical care ward some patients screamed in pain, others died calmly in their sleep. Cho said that most of the medical equipment has battery-powered back up systems, but those were disabled, because hospital officials felt that violated the spirit of Earth Hour.
Related News

Giant Meteor Heading Toward Earth Covered in Germs

ExxonMobil Announces Soylent Green Fuels for Next Generation

Highway Department to Instance Busy Roads

Heart surgeon Dr. Gregory Morris was doing an open-heart procedure when the lights went out. "I wasn't sure what I was cutting into. Turns out it wasn't his heart, but his bowels. Unfortunately, Mr. Simms didn't make it."

Marla Tompkins, surviving sister of cancer patient Warren Tompkins, said, "Warren struggled for breath as his ventilator was powered down. I thought he might make it, but with three minutes left before power was to be turned back on, he expired. It was tragic, but kept me on the edge of the seat the whole time."
Cho hopes other hospitals learn from the example of San Francisco General and participate in next year's Earth Hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #58
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I don't know why y'all are pissing and moaning about Earth Hour. Guess that you just aren't doing it right, if you get all up in arms about it. I got invited out for a home cooked, candle-lit dinner by one of my favourite girls. Maybe y'all just need to get laid.
turns out we dont need to support BS causes to get ''lucky'' :P
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #59
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Who ever said that I supported Earth Hour? I support candle-lit dinners that I didn't have to cook.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #60
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Fifteen Patients Die as Earth Hour Kills Life Support in Hospital
By Brian Briggs

San Francisco, CA – Fifteen patients on life support and in surgery died at San Francisco General Hospital when power was cut for "Earth hour" on Saturday.

The hospital was pleased with their participation in the worldwide celebration of the planet. "We asked all the patients and their families if they were all right with us cutting the power. To a person, they all said as stewards of this planet it was their duty to observe Earth Hour. They knew the risks and were willing to take it," said hospital administrator Lawrence Cho.

Cho said that it was a net gain for planet Earth, despite the deaths. "The dead patients will no longer use any energy, and actually will be turned into energy in our patient incinerator," said hospital administrator Lawrence Cho.

As power was cut in the critical care ward some patients screamed in pain, others died calmly in their sleep. Cho said that most of the medical equipment has battery-powered back up systems, but those were disabled, because hospital officials felt that violated the spirit of Earth Hour.
Related News

Giant Meteor Heading Toward Earth Covered in Germs

ExxonMobil Announces Soylent Green Fuels for Next Generation

Highway Department to Instance Busy Roads

Heart surgeon Dr. Gregory Morris was doing an open-heart procedure when the lights went out. "I wasn't sure what I was cutting into. Turns out it wasn't his heart, but his bowels. Unfortunately, Mr. Simms didn't make it."

Marla Tompkins, surviving sister of cancer patient Warren Tompkins, said, "Warren struggled for breath as his ventilator was powered down. I thought he might make it, but with three minutes left before power was to be turned back on, he expired. It was tragic, but kept me on the edge of the seat the whole time."
Cho hopes other hospitals learn from the example of San Francisco General and participate in next year's Earth Hour.
Oh Lord this has to be a joke. There is no way this would be allowed to happen

I was working Saturday night and did my little part by shutting half the lights down in the ER. I work with a bunch of older nurses that complain about not being able to see in normal lighting conditions, they need it exceptionally glaring bright at all hours of the night/morning. There's no windows in our ER. It's like being in a war bunker. I can't handle the lights at 3-4 in the morning and always turn any non essential lights off when I can.

We waste a lot of power in our hospital and we are in a 7 million dollar deficit that they are trying to curve by decreasing elective surgeries for a month or 2. If people just shut off lights in lunch rooms, offices, hallways that don't need the over head lights on, misc tv's, etc... It's not even an issue of security b/c there's 6 light switches in a four feet radius of our institution. It's just waste.

And I have to call BS on that story. We have emergency generators that kick in the minute there is a slight blip in power. If care facilities are shutting down power to vents/operating rooms than I'll gladly pay my taxes for socialized health care where we don't kill people and charge them $$$ for it
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote