Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #51
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Control Rider. Guys making sure you're not a douche on the track, and giving pointers to those that need/want it.
That bad part is when they are douches themselves, seen a CR take out a paying customer.

Kyle played with a CR one time as well. It was pretty funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #52
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That bad part is when they are douches themselves, seen a CR take out a paying customer.

Kyle played with a CR one time as well. It was pretty funny.
Yup, a friend of mine decided that he wouldn't root for a local racer, who was a dick to him at a track day. My friend was an amateur racer, at the time, and was pulling some fast but legal passes, by the trackday's rules, but the control rider/racer almost punted him off the track to 'teach him a lesson', or something.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #53
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yup, a friend of mine decided that he wouldn't root for a local racer, who was a dick to him at a track day. My friend was an amateur racer, at the time, and was pulling some fast but legal passes, by the trackday's rules, but the control rider/racer almost punted him off the track to 'teach him a lesson', or something.
Damn...

The one I saw the CR couldnt keep up without riding above his head. So he rode above his head and took the dude out when he tried to pass him.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #54
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Damn...

The one I saw the CR couldnt keep up without riding above his head. So he rode above his head and took the dude out when he tried to pass him.
This was a top 10 National series rider. Fast like cheetah; smart like streetcar. He's always been a nice guy to me. In this case my buddy was exiting a corner behind him and the CR kept looking over his shoulder, then pulling little wheelies that pushed him towards the outside.... and my buddy. And the wall.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #55
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Damn...

What org was that? Did you see it in person or on video? I vaguely remember seeing something like that on video a couple years back.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #56
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
What org was that? Did you see it in person or on video? I vaguely remember seeing something like that on video a couple years back.
Saw it live, Nashville with stt
Quote:
Old 03-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #57
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

The last 3 trackdays out here, a control rider has gone down.
I don't know why that's funny to me, but it is.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #58
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
The last 3 trackdays out here, a control rider has gone down.
I don't know why that's funny to me, but it is.
They are just normal riders like us, usually they are or become friends with the providers by doing a lot of days with them.

The beginner ones are usually pretty good, because all they do is teach the entire day and not after trying to make laps or be douchers. The intermediate and above are usually just dudes wanting free track time.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #59
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
They are just normal riders like us, usually they are or become friends with the providers by doing a lot of days with them.

The beginner ones are usually pretty good, because all they do is teach the entire day and not after trying to make laps or be douchers. The intermediate and above are usually just dudes wanting free track time.
Oh, I realize that. I just find it humorous that the CR's chuck it through the corners pretty regularly. Might be because they act so douchey, compared to the rest of the guys working for track time.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #60
CasterTroy

Doesn't sound like any of you guys have experienced Pitzer or John. That shit don't fly on their tracks