Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #51
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztress6 View Post
Not paranoid "Prepared"
Exactly, especially since I lived on a patrol base with an Iraqi Army battalion. Didn't trust any of those fucks.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #52
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

That dog oughta get some extra treats today

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #53
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
We seriously have some paranoid mutherfuckers here.

–noun
Psychiatry . a mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions and the projection of personal conflicts, which are ascribed to the supposed hostility of others, sometimes progressing to disturbances of consciousness and aggressive acts believed to be performed in self-defense or as a mission.
baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

I assume you are referring to definition 2....the operative words being baseless or excessive

When the asshole is climbing in your window like this shmuck, or jimmying your door, or trying to steal your car (with you in it) or drives his truck through the plate glass front of your restaurant so he can rob it (true!)...well, which part is baseless or excessive?...Hmmm?

I've had to draw a weapon against intruders twice in my own home and once in my business. These instances never made the papers 'cause nobody died, but it happens a lot more than most folks have any idea...........
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #54
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
We seriously have some paranoid mutherfuckers here.

So paranoid they are still worried about Y2K.

I kid.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as most everyone who has replied. I have a few guns in my bedroom. As far as the rest of the house, if I had one on me earlier in the day and I took it out so lay on the couch then its around, other than that I don't really keep any guns out.

I don't have a dog, or any other form of security in the house, yet. Might get some type of security/ alarm installed this winter. I would love to have a dog, but my screwy hours with work, and sometimes weekends, I just could not do that to a dog. I don't like to see when people have dogs couped up in a small room or cage all day because they are gone. My typical day is leave for work at 6:30am and usually home by 5:30 pm. In my mind it's not fair to the dog.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #55
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Does a cat count? My cat could seriously fuck someone up
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #56
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Does a cat count? My cat could seriously fuck someone up
Yea...cat allergies are the worst!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #57
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
yep that's what it is. it's not the enjoyment of shooting firearms or the love of pets it is sheer fear of lifes situations.

i hear that same statement here a lot. dumbest thing I've ever heard. you have to be paranoid in order to own guns?
I personally draw the line at home defense. Break into my house and you'll be carried out-guaranteed. Walking the streets Wyatt Earp style isn't for me. Personal preference only, not judging those too weak to defend themselves without a weapon (Amorok, Gasman, Razor...)

As those here that know me are aware, I had to shoot an idiot in my kitchen a while back. Luckily he was carring a knife and didn't die. Otherwise, I'd probably be in prison. Spent a weekend and part of the week in jail as it was. Capitol punishment for larceny? Hmmm, maybe not BUT if you believe you are endangered, pull the trigger! If it's going to be him or me, I'd prefer it were him.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #58
miztress6
Street Stunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
For the zombie apocolypse
Double Tap Bitches!
miztress6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #59
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I wouldn't say I'm too weak to defend myself without a gun, just too lazy. We can't all be big, strapping guys like you Tig.

Besides, you know what they say about being paranoid - you only have to be right the one time and it's all worthwhile.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #60
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I wouldn't say I'm too weak to defend myself without a gun, just too lazy. We can't all be big, strapping guys like you Tig.

Besides, you know what they say about being paranoid - you only have to be right the one time and it's all worthwhile.
Hahahaha yea, you're right about that.