Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #51
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Not even close. Hspa is so much faster than evdo its not even funny. They even try to call it 4g instead of 3g now.
HSPA isn't what I'd call 3G, even if that's technically what it is. Not a fair comparison.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
HSPA isn't what I'd call 3G, even if that's technically what it is. Not a fair comparison.
Hspa is 3G for gsm. Hspa+ is the 3.5g thing. But it all comes down to the iphoneon gsm is much more capable than on Verizon cause it is Hspa+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 03-25-2012 at 12:55 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #53
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Until lte version comes out in 3 months then you will be kicking yourself for not being patient. You guys seriously don't know what you are missing. Andrea's 4s is garbage compared to my lousy battery galaxy nexus. No way I would not go lte for another two years

I will probably snag the 5 on release cause my nexus is not under contract, so I can still pick it up at contract price.
I still have the original Droid X from 2 summers ago. I don't even mess with any of my friend's 4G devices becasue I don't want to know what I'm missing...

My upgrade comes in August I think. I'm not sure where I'm going next. I really like android os. If hope they could produce a phone without all the bugs. The only problem my X has ever had is camera/media file related. Other than that its been a good phone. I think I'm staying away from Motorola though. Their phones have been buggy lately. Just look at the ticking bomb that was the Bionic....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #54
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I'll say this, this phone just works. I was lulled into thinking everything was normal needing to reboot or pull batteries. This just works. And, the voice recognition is tremendous.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #55
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I'll say this, this phone just works. I was lulled into thinking everything was normal needing to reboot or pull batteries. This just works. And, the voice recognition is tremendous.
I was pretty much Anti-iPhone until my contract was up, i've had so many Droid problems that I said fuck it, im switching to iOS, and like you said, everything just works. And the app selection is great. All my DC comics on my phone, to read wherever I want, what more can a geek ask for?

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #56
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I had the same problems with my Droid X. Each Gingerbread update seemed to shut off more and more functionality and fuck my phone up. I got to the point where I just got tired of not being able to do basic shit, like use the camera, access the memory card, send or receive text messages, or stay connected to 3G. So I hit eBay and looked at an iPhone and the HTC Trophy. There have been a few small issues with the iPhone, mostly related to the home button that randomly decides it doesn't want to work, but otherwise it's been nice. When my upgrade hits in a few months, I'll see what the next iPhone brings and take a look at the Windows phones again to see how they're coming along.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I never really had issues on my incredible unless I was trying out an unstable rom and I have just as many resets on my galaxy nexus as on my iPad 3. Only time I pulled the battery was to put the extended battery in it. My wife has been pretty good at finding the bad apps on her 4s as well.

iOS isn't flawless and does have issues, a lot of these issues are just as user dependent as a lot of the droid ones I have experienced. Bad apps, bad roms. Those are almost always the case on a lot of phones.

I have heard gingerbread on Android was terrible, I haven't experienced it cause I went from a Froyo incredible to a ICS nexus. ICS has been really damn stable for me. I run basically a completely stripped rom with just known stable apps though. I don't go seeking shitty made apps.

There are some bugs on iOS that needed fixing, especially for early adopters, that have made me want to throw the iPad (iPad 2 stuff) through the window, just as there are on Android.

I really hope they make a screen inbetween the nexus and the iphone on the next update. Using the 4s is really hard after getting use to the massive nexus screen. The nexus is just a little too big for a phone though.

As for the Droid X, I have never heard anything good about that phone. Every user seems miserable with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 03-25-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #58
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I was pretty much Anti-iPhone until my contract was up, i've had so many Droid problems that I said fuck it, im switching to iOS, and like you said, everything just works. And the app selection is great. All my DC comics on my phone, to read wherever I want, what more can a geek ask for?
I was the same way. I didn't have so many problems with my BB, but I wasn't going to go down the route of droid with everybody having so many issues. I just want my phone to work. PERIOD! I went iPhone and I've been very happy with it. Since I have switched... my BIL, SIL, and in a week Uma have all switched over.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #59
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I was the same way. I didn't have so many problems with my BB, but I wasn't going to go down the route of droid with everybody having so many issues. I just want my phone to work. PERIOD! I went iPhone and I've been very happy with it. Since I have switched... my BIL, SIL, and in a week Uma have all switched over.

And quite frankly, I like the compact size. The Galaxy's are way too big, add a case, its worse. The Droids were shit. I didnt like BB's software very much. The iPhone just has everything, and so far, it all just works.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #60
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

yeah I agree... and I'm running the otter box. It's an expensive phone and don't feel like paying $15 a month for insurance.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote