Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #51
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
More selective data. Yes, it has more tar, but it is also a natural expectorant. It also regulates apoptosis (cell replacement, which when it goes awry, often causes cancer), and has many other well-documented anti-cancer properties.

Wanting to AGAIN vilify the "demon weed" a recent study compared three groups to see which got lung cancer the most. Compared were non-smokers, tobacco smokers, and heavy pot smokers.

Guess which group had the LEAST incidence of lung cancer?

Try informing yourself better.
I would be curious to see the study if you have a link.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #52
Rider
Moto GP Star

Pot is not a gateway drug. I smoked more pot than cheech and chong and I never moved on to anything heavier. I did LSD once but nothing else. I was too afraid to try anything else but I loved me some grass. Of course it's been a looooong time since I was drinking 40's and puffing blunts.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #53
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

big difference of not for you and being for someone else.

I personally don't know if I care if they legalize it anyway. won't affect me in KS or MO for several years if it goes as normal.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #54
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Rope, oil, paper and all that is just a bunch of nonsense cooked up by Marijuana addicted hippies to justify their chemically dependent need to get high and eat all the goddamn brownies at 7-11 right before I get there.

Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #55
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Shit that. If I had any money and lived there I'd get the fuck out of California to a state who appreciated my money. Couldn't imagine what the corporate income tax would be out there.

I'm not a pot user (meth is where it's at) but if marijuana was legalized or the ban on marijana was repealed (however you want to state it) could a company come in and grow it to profit? I wonder this because I know people who grow marijuana and they use the seeds from other marijuana plants. What is to stop people from planting their own pot vs buying it from a company. I also wonder if all the estimates the legalize crowd throws out is estimates of what the black market makes vs a legitimate business.

Another question is if marijuana was 100% legalized in California you still have the federal ban on it. California could lose federal money and the federal government could shut these businesses down with their own policing forces. How would Cali come out ahead?

Grow your own vs buy it. The same could be argued about vegetables. Who doesn't know someone who grows their own? Hell, cigarette smokers could grow their own tobacco...

As far as pot farms go, there was a thriving hemp industry in this country once upon a time. Hell, when I was a kid you could find pot growing along the road in Indiana. The pro-legalization people would have you believe that it could be so again... but I'm not so sure. I know that you CAN make a lot of things out of hemp but is it easier, cheaper and/or better? That's the real question. Some genius could figure a way to make motorcycle tires out of old milk cartons but if they suck and cost 100X more $$ to make, what's the point?

I don't know about federal money but isn't marijuana still legal in Alaska? Do they have problems with the federal government over it?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #56
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Grow your own vs buy it. The same could be argued about vegetables. Who doesn't know someone who grows their own? Hell, cigarette smokers could grow their own tobacco...

As far as pot farms go, there was a thriving hemp industry in this country once upon a time. Hell, when I was a kid you could find pot growing along the road in Indiana. The pro-legalization people would have you believe that it could be so again... but I'm not so sure. I know that you CAN make a lot of things out of hemp but is it easier, cheaper and/or better? That's the real question. Some genius could figure a way to make motorcycle tires out of old milk cartons but if they suck and cost 100X more $$ to make, what's the point?

I don't know about federal money but isn't marijuana still legal in Alaska? Do they have problems with the federal government over it?
Probably not, but their growing season is like 17 minutes so the odds of them even having dope is pretty small I'd imagine.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #57
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I would be curious to see the study if you have a link.
Yea I'd like to see a study that proves that non-smokers of anything get lung cancer more ofter than "heavy" pot smokers.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #58
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Probably not, but their growing season is like 17 minutes so the odds of them even having dope is pretty small I'd imagine.
Nope ya nut! They grow it in green houses and they have way longer days than we do during certain times of the year.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #59
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Pot is not a gateway drug.
Yes it is.

Pot leads directly to carpentry, plumbing, film making, and HBO.

It starts out innocently enough. You're sitting in your living room, and the pot fairy comes by with a lid, but you don't have a pipe. What to do? Oooooh, then you see your coffee table. That would make a great pipe! So you find a drill, and turn your coffee table into a giant pipe! Yay! But wait, coffee table pipe is kinda harsh dude. You need a coffee table bong! Yay! Find some pipe, an old aquarium and some duct tape. Yay! Coffee table bong! We should film this. This is fucking awesome! Where's the Super-8 camera? I found it! Yay! Play that Led Zeppelin album while I'm smoking this kick ass Mary Jane through the coffee table aquarium bong! Dude, I am so fucked up. What's on HBO? A movie with tits in it! YAY!

JC
Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #60
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Yes it is.

Pot leads directly to carpentry, plumbing, film making, and HBO.

It starts out innocently enough. You're sitting in your living room, and the pot fairy comes by with a lid, but you don't have a pipe. What to do? Oooooh, then you see your coffee table. That would make a great pipe! So you find a drill, and turn your coffee table into a giant pipe! Yay! But wait, coffee table pipe is kinda harsh dude. You need a coffee table bong! Yay! Find some pipe, an old aquarium and some duct tape. Yay! Coffee table bong! We should film this. This is fucking awesome! Where's the Super-8 camera? I found it! Yay! Play that Led Zeppelin album while I'm smoking this kick ass Mary Jane through the coffee table aquarium bong! Dude, I am so fucked up. What's on HBO? A movie with tits in it! YAY!

JC
Isn't that Denis Leary? I can't remember...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote