Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #51
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
$3,000??? I don't even MAKE fucking $3,000 in a month. Jesus. I mean I pull a lot of stuff straight from my bank card rather than to the cc. But even if I wouldn't my cc bill would only be about $350-$450 .
Welcome to the world of grown-ups.

$350-$450 wouldn't fill my truck with gas for a month let alone my wife's car, bike, lawn mower, etc.

I'm with Faster, we have nearly $2k a month hitting our cc in recurring charges before the card ever leaves my wallet!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #52
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I guess living in the South has its benefits, what's your mortgage, only $1500/mo?
You mean bi-weekly?
Old 04-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #53
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
You mean bi-weekly?
OK, well, 3,000 sq ft? Nice lawn? You pay to play.

Also, 2 people sharing a card is a different story, and wasn't my original line of thought.

Last edited by Homeslice; 04-14-2013 at 12:46 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #54
shmike
Follower

Quote:

Also, 2 people sharing a card is a different story.
This is true.

Of course I was spending that when I was single but I was buying race tires and hotel rooms instead of diapers and furnishings.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #55
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
I guess living in the South has its benefits, what's your mortgage, only $1500/mo?

Also I an accustomed to large employers, they don't want you using your personal card, it's against policy. Why would they go to the trouble of issuing corporate cards and creating an intranet portal that automatically uploads your charges onto a T&E form if you're not going to use it?

Depends on the employer. I've worked for large companies that didn't care if you used company Amex cards or your own and I've also worked for companies that insisted.

Current employer has over 10,000 employees and they don't care. Typically only director level and higher bothers to get company Amex because they can easily amass large bills for team events, etc.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #56
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:

$350-$450 wouldn't fill my truck with gas for a month let alone my wife's car, bike, lawn mower, etc.

I'm with Faster, we have nearly $2k a month hitting our cc in recurring charges before the card ever leaves my wallet!
Yep, I was in the same boat before the move. Now with the shorter commute it's not as bad, I get by with about $300/month in gas/diesel for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #57
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
I forgot anybody that lives outside Kalifornia lives in a shanty and makes minimum wage.

Kidding aside, no, it's significantly more than that.

Quote:
Also I an accustomed to large employers, they don't want you using your personal card, it's against policy. Why would they go to the trouble of issuing corporate cards and creating an intranet portal that automatically uploads your charges onto a T&E form if you're not going to use it?
I haven't worked for a small company since 2002 but have used my personal card with all of them.

Quote:
OK, well, 3,000 sq ft? Nice lawn? You pay to play.
More space than that, and definitely a nice, private lawn. No sense living outside the city if you're not going to capitalize on the perks.

Quote:
Also, 2 people sharing a card is a different story, and wasn't my original line of thought.
Same as shmike for me here; my spending habits have changed but I spent the same amount before we all grew up and became parents. Track days alone were about a $2k-$2500 per month habit during riding season. Throw in a few other hobbies, big vacations, and money goes fast.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #58
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:

Part of me says that's your fault for having a vehicle that sucks that much gas... . Mower gas? How much lawn do you have... because I know our three acres may take 5-7 gallons a month, nothing that I would see substantially bumping your card.

But I guess if I look at it thoroughly, I don't have recurring charges coming from my cc's. My recurring charges come from my bank card. So add ~ $1050 on top of that.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #59
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Part of me says that's your fault for having a vehicle that sucks that much gas... . Mower gas? How much lawn do you have... because I know our three acres may take 5-7 gallons a month, nothing that I would see substantially bumping your card.
I'm not looking for sympathy, just stating the facts. My fuel bill is less than half of what it once was but normal commuting, a few weekend trips and a trackday or two keeps me around the $4-500 mark.

I just threw the mower in there for laughs. I have a normal suburban yard. Since we fired the lawn guy, the mower can usually get by on whatever is left in my "track" tank.

I had a rental car recently that got great mileage. Filling a tank for $35 was nice but pulling 9k lbs would be tough.

Quote:
But I guess if I look at it thoroughly, I don't have recurring charges coming from my cc's. My recurring charges come from my bank card. So add ~ $1050 on top of that.
See? On <$3k a month your "plastic" charges are about $1500. To each their own, but if you are diligent enough to not abuse a cc, I'd seriously consider moving those bank card charges to credit, for a number of reasons.

Last edited by shmike; 04-14-2013 at 10:49 PM..
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #60
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
I had a rental car recently that got great mileage. Filling a tank for $35 was nice but pulling 9k lbs would be tough.
Most likely would be tough. Mine can pull a single motorcycle/waverunner/light camper, but that's about it. But I can still fill up for $35 and get 36 on the highway.

Quote:
See? On <$3k a month your "plastic" charges are about $1500. To each their own, but if you are diligent enough to not abuse a cc, I'd seriously consider moving those bank card charges to credit, for a number of reasons.
I never really consider fixed stuff as a plastic charge though, it's straight form my bank on auto pay. I'm getting 1/2 mortgage, 2 vehicle payments, 2 insurance, AEP and cable/int in there. But I see what you mean. Other than the boost in cash back, what benefits would there be???
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote