Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #51
Rider
Moto GP Star

Hey AMJ,

I really don't give a fuck if you smoke. I smoked for a couple of years and I get it. Both my parents smoke so I was around it my entire childhood. I now choose not to smoke and I'd appreciate it if you don't make me inhale a known carcinogen. Smoke all you want, I'm not saying you can't, just respect my wishes and don't make me breath your smoke or make my clothes smell like smoke.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #52
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Whenever someone comes up to me with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other saying how they wish they could afford a bike, I tell them that the payment is already in their hands.
that is so true. i had a neighbor say just that while doing just that, he was talking about my kids dirtbike that his kid was looking at like a kid in a candy store. "wish I could afford a bike like that for my kid" I did tell him to quit his two favorite habits and he would be able to. that didn't seem to be an idea he was in favor of.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #53
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I was glad they did away with smoking in bars. Just commin ghome and not having all your clothes wreak of smoke was a win for me
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #54
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
When you can show me how my not smoking adversely affects your health, well being and happiness....
That's an easy one. I'd be much happier if you weren't such a self important drama queen.

Quote:
I'm 100% for personal liberties that DON'T affect me. You can do whatever you want as long as I don't have to hear it, see it, smell it, etc...
Sorry princess, it's not my job to spin your bed around at night, so the stars can revolve around you.

Quote:
BTW what happened to all of our eco-warriors? Do you know how long it takes for a cigarette butt to break down?
Yes, about the same amount of time it takes to break down a disposable diaper. You want to save the world, go kill a baby.

Quote:
Do you know how much nicotine (a poison) and other chemicals are introduced into the soil and groundwater from butts?
No, and neither do you. I would guess that it's far less than the amount of poisons created by all the electronic gizmos you throw away over the course of a year, so WTF is your point?

Quote:
Do you realize that the same chemicals are released into the air from smoking that are released from cars?
I know! How cool is that? If only they made nicotine powered cars that would fit in a shirt pocket...

Quote:
You don't call that pollution?
No, I call it happy hour.

Quote:
Oh and you love to call my intelligence into question, how incredibly stupid do you have to be to use something that gives ZERO benefits and that you know will eventually bring you to a horrible and pain full death? Now that's a "dim bulb"!
What? No benefits? I like it, that's a benefit. You hate it. That's another benefit.

Quote:
No, no, no that's not good enough! They are like gays, and other fringe groups, it's not good enough to be able to do something, the rest of us must accept it. We must have it in our faces, we must experience it with them.... I don't know, go ahead and kill your selves but if it were up to me, you wouldn't get state sponsored health care, right along with the obese, homosexuals, drug addicts, etc.
I really don't give a shit if you accept it or not. I don't even like you, so what do I care? As smokers go, I'm very polite about it. I go out of my way to keep my little habit to myself, but no, that's not good enough for you lung-O-nistas. You won't be happy until everyone is just like you.

Well tough shit cupcake. If you see me walking down the sidewalk smoking, feel free to haul your lily ass to the other side of the street.

JC
Old 05-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #55
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
That's an easy one. I'd be much happier if you weren't such a self important drama queen.

Sorry princess, it's not my job to spin your bed around at night, so the stars can revolve around you.

Yes, about the same amount of time it takes to break down a disposable diaper. You want to save the world, go kill a baby.

No, and neither do you. I would guess that it's far less than the amount of poisons created by all the electronic gizmos you throw away over the course of a year, so WTF is your point?

I know! How cool is that? If only they made nicotine powered cars that would fit in a shirt pocket...

No, I call it happy hour.

What? No benefits? I like it, that's a benefit. You hate it. That's another benefit.

I really don't give a shit if you accept it or not. I don't even like you, so what do I care? As smokers go, I'm very polite about it. I go out of my way to keep my little habit to myself, but no, that's not good enough for you lung-O-nistas. You won't be happy until everyone is just like you.

Well tough shit cupcake. If you see me walking down the sidewalk smoking, feel free to haul your lily ass to the other side of the street.

JC
Did not read.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #56
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Did not read.
Do not care.

JC
Old 05-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #57
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post

JC

The propaganda about smoking really seems to have set in with a lot of people here. The funny thing is much of that propaganda is paid for by the cigarette companies themselves. I'm amazed that so many of you are able to function on a daily basis without ever having anything intrude upon your personal existence. If you go out in public you can expect to have to deal with, you guessed it, the public. This includes occasionally having brief encounters with things you may not want to smell, hear, or see.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #58
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post

The propaganda about smoking really seems to have set in with a lot of people here.
Well if Americans have proven anything in the past 200+ years its that they are complete suckers for some good propaganda.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #59
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Well if Americans have proven anything in the past 200+ years its that they are complete suckers for some good propaganda.
True, and to be fair that tendency worked in favor of the cigarette companies for quite a while. It has swung back so hard the other direction that now people appear to believe that even thinking about having a cigarette will give them melanoma while actually smoking one will riddle their body with cancer before they can put it out.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #60
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
True, and to be fair that tendency worked in favor of the cigarette companies for quite a while. It has swung back so hard the other direction that now people appear to believe that even thinking about having a cigarette will give them melanoma while actually smoking one will riddle their body with cancer before they can put it out.
Actually, that's pretty much exactly what they taught my son in "P.E." about cigarettes and marijuana. They are poisonous and they will kill you if you use them.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote