Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #51
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
But we are doing most of the fighting, instead we shouldn't even be involved. 64 million dollars gone in tomahawk cruise missiles BOOM gone. That doesn't even count the logistical costs of another conflict with no end in sight.

At the same time we are talking about making our military go without pay, laying off teachers, and *insert in troubled underfunded program here*
Our own country is near financial ruin, yet we are still spending money like a 16 yr old rich girl with her daddies credit card.

I dont think it really matters what I tell you.
however I will add this:

Chris Knight: Kent puts his name on his license plate.
Mitch: My mom does the same thing to my underwear.
Chris Knight: Your mom puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #52
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I dont think it really matters what I tell you.
however I will add this:

Chris Knight: Kent puts his name on his license plate.
Mitch: My mom does the same thing to my underwear.
Chris Knight: Your mom puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?
What did you try to say in there first place? Down playing the US role even though Africa command is leading the assault, tons of money is being sunk for no gain, we are portrayed as civilian murders again by foreign media without cause, and risking lives that don't need to be risked.

The end result is what? Another theocracy more unstable than the previous dictator or worse.

How about we stay the fuck away from these bullshit operations and everyone is happy except for a few whiny Muslims that will cry if we help because we are "reckless murders" or if we don't help, thus being accused of not supporting "Freedom" . Fuck them.

Last edited by tallywacker; 03-20-2011 at 11:23 PM..
tallywacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #53
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Could have happened
That was taken from an obscure Airforce thinktank that gave a what-if-worst-case scenario based on what the government is allowed to do. It has come up in teh past and I'm sure it will come up in the future. But no the gov will not require people to show up for work and not get paid, any essential employee must show for work and recieve compensation unless there is no other way, basically the ruskies are coming, there is no money left and its an all or nothing battle.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #54
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
What did you try to say in there first place? Down playing the US role even though Africa command is leading the assault, tons of money is being sunk for no gain, we are portrayed as civilian murders again by foreign media without cause, and risking lives that don't need to be risked.

The end result is what? Another theocracy more unstable than the previous dictator or worse.

How about we stay the fuck away from these bullshit operations and everyone is happy except for a few whiny Muslims that will cry if we help because we are "reckless murders" or if we don't help, thus being accused of not supporting "Freedom" . Fuck them.

Angry tallywacker is angry

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #55
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Angry tallywacker is angry
Sure I am, I just wish more people would be as well. This nation and it's governance is a fucking mess.

I wouldn't be as mad if I didn't know first hand how much money is wasted during "wartime" and just disappears. Contractors getting paid to do nothing or shitty work, then pay the same to do it over again. Buying brand new dualie turbo diesel F-350's for officers/contractors/civilians to cruise around the green zone and LSA Anaconda in.

Then don't get me started on the bribe money we paid the locals so they wouldn't bomb us anymore. Sons of Iraq garbage only worked because they got paid well to just to sit on the side of the road with an AK. It was like the US Army paying protection money to the mafia or else they would plant IED's if we didn't.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #56
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I belive in a non-interventionist government when it comes to foreign affairs that do not directly affect us.

But apparently corporations who bank off of it do not. Unfortunate.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #57
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Sure I am, I just wish more people would be as well. This nation and it's governance is a fucking mess.

I wouldn't be as mad if I didn't know first hand how much money is wasted during "wartime" and just disappears. Contractors getting paid to do nothing or shitty work, then pay the same to do it over again. Buying brand new dualie turbo diesel F-350's for officers/contractors/civilians to cruise around the green zone and LSA Anaconda in.

Then don't get me started on the bribe money we paid the locals so they wouldn't bomb us anymore. Sons of Iraq garbage only worked because they got paid well to just to sit on the side of the road with an AK. It was like the US Army paying protection money to the mafia or else they would plant IED's if we didn't.
I'm not angry.
I hope that doesn't make you angry that I'm not angry because even though that wouldn't make me angry it would make me cock my eyebrow just a lil bit.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #58
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
I'm not angry.
I hope that doesn't make you angry that I'm not angry because even though that wouldn't make me angry it would make me cock my eyebrow just a lil bit.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #59
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
You pay attention to post liike that but youi ignore my rants about polls?
You got issues
I just want someone to blame when the whole thing goes south. Congrats, scapegoat170!

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #60
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
I just want someone to blame when the whole thing goes south. Congrats, scapegoat170!

If my posts on the subject are going to be used against me in future threads I really should pay more attention to grammar and spelling.

I want them to at least look nice when they are dug up and linked too.

Quote: