Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
QFTplusoneTruthThis.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #52
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

So again, you're guilty of doing it, you've just been lucky so far..

Keep in mind, had you passed and made a mistake, the same ppl would be happy that you're dead or injured...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #53
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
So again, you're guilty of doing it, you've just been lucky so far..

Keep in mind, had you passed and made a mistake, the same ppl would be happy that you're dead or injured...
Not guilty, since it is not illegal in Ontario.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #54
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
Not guilty, since it is not illegal in Ontario.
What's the point of a solid line if it is no different than a broken line?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #55
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
What's the point of a solid line if it is no different than a broken line?
It is a recommendation not to pass, but it is not law.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #56
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

HERE IS AN UPDATE FROM THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER

Fatal crash driver had long record
Motorcyclist had two licenses suspended

By Sharon Coolidge • scoolidge@enquirer.com • November 24, 2009

A man accused of crashing a motorcycle into a woman's car and killing her Sunday evening should never have been on the road, his driving record shows.

Indiana labeled Bobby J. Luke, 27, a habitual traffic violator in January, suspending his driver's license for five years, records show.

That's on top of a lifetime suspension of his commercial's driver's license, which was based on two prior drunken driving convictions, according to the same records.

Ohio honors out of state driver's license suspensions.

Luke, of Aurora, Ind., was arrested Tuesday on a charge of aggravated vehicular homicide in the death of Lynda Colegate, 55.

"This guy has no respect for anything," said the victim's sister Sandra Hume, 57. "I hope Hamilton County prosecutes him to the limit so he doesn't drive again. I want him to sit in prison and think about what he's done."

If convicted Luke faces up to 10 years in prison.

Colegate, 55, in a Chevrolet Cavalier, was turning left into the driveway of her home in Whitewater Township on Ohio 128 when Luke crashed into the driver's side of her car.

Deputies said Luke was speeding and driving recklessly at the time of the crash, trying to pass several vehicles in a no passing zone. A 911 phone call about the crash released by police Monday suggests Luke was doing "wheelies."

Colegate died at the scene.

Hume said the motorcycle's engine hit her sister in the head, its oil pan landing in the backseat.

Luke also has numerous traffic cases out of Kentucky and Ohio. In Kentucky, where Luke has a license that was issued in 2006, his record stretches over three pages dating to 2004, when his record was purged as required by state law.

In Hamilton County, Luke has been found guilty of traffic violations including driving an unsafe, overweight vehicle and speeding. Most recently, he got a speeding ticket on Sept. 3 and was fined $104. Despite the Indiana suspension, he was not cited for driving on a suspended license.

When Luke hit Colegate, she was returning from an ill neighbor's home, for whom she had done laundry and had just dropped it off.

Colegate was raising her two granddaughters, ages 10 and 14, Hume said. They will now be cared for by other family members, including Hume who lives in Tennessee.

"They are taking it very hard," Hume said. "One of them told us not to wear grandma's coat because it's the only thing that smells like her."
Hydrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #57
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
We should outlaw sportbikes since the masses are simply incapable of handling them.

<sarcasam>
sadly, this is the kind of reaction that idiots like this cause.

Way to go fuckstick - another 1%'er drives opinions of motorcyclists into the toilet once again.

RIP to the woman who was just trying to pull into her driveway

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #58
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
sadly, this is the kind of reaction that idiots like this cause.

Way to go fuckstick - another 1%'er drives opinions of motorcyclists into the toilet once again.

RIP to the woman who was just trying to pull into her driveway
Well there you go... the biker was totally at fault and I retract my previous statements.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:49 AM   #59
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well there you go... the biker was totally at fault and I retract my previous statements.
It's good to think out of the box. I was actually going to say, before the rest of the story was posted, that I like the way you think. Approaching it from all angles is the only sure way to go.

About the dude though.. only 10 years? I say off him and spare the world another idiot.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:33 AM   #60
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Oh, I agree about there being 2 sides, but:

Quote:
Just for the sake of being on the other side of this...

1. As reported he hasn't had any motorcycle related violations. In fact, they went all the way back to 2002...okay...

2. He may have been doing wheelies BEFORE the accident but no one is accusing him of doing them during the accident. True and I agree that the doing wheelies part is irrelevant to the story but typical news sensationalist crap

3. Perhaps if the lady had been wearing her seat belt... just saying.I don't think a seat belt would have helped (though that's a completely baseless opinion)... just based on the article "the motorcycle's engine hit her sister in the head" so I'm thinking a seatbelt wouldn't have helped

4. "Alcohol is a factor" but not necessarily for the rider. True but that doesn't change the fact that the rider passed a car in a no-passing zone going the same direction as the lady who died... had it been the driver turning left in front of a bike going the opposite direction I'd be far less sympathetic to the driver of the cage

5. Who's to say that this lady didn't turn right in front of this guy? "1999 Honda 900 RR motorcycle headed in the same direction"

In fact maybe she was drunk and driving super slow, causing a back up. This dude gets impatient and attempts to pass too many cars and the drunk chick decides to make that left turn she's been thinking about for a 1/2 mile...I understand impatience... but a few minutes of time sitting in traffic > dead or injured
Don't get me wrong dude, I agree with where you're coming from and see a ton of media sensationalism here but the dude ended up doing something stupid and killed someone (regardless of the events causing him to pass illegally). The lady may have been driving slow and holding up traffic... she may have been drunk... but there's a reason no passing zones are no passing zones and as soon as he crossed the yellow line he broke the law ad ended up killing someone...

But, that's just my $.02

Either way, the guy ended up effing up people's perception of riders even more.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.

Last edited by Particle Man; 11-25-2009 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: I just wanted the cool message here lol
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote