Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #51
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
The number on the bullet shouldn't stop it from dropping anyone, but if I have to pay that much extra for rounds I won't be able to practice as much, and that might mean I can't drop someone with the weapon in my hand.

And Flex, once the police find that the rounds came from your house, do you really think they'll continue on to the bad ass nephews? If so, you're deluded. They were your bullets and you'll go down.

And I don't give a fuck about Obama being black. It's shit like this that makes me not like him, his skin color couldn't be less important.
I asked X about Obama.

And yes if it comes back to your house they will look into it more. They just can't put your ass away. How many guns are stolen and used in a crime. How many cars are stolen and used in a crime. They can be tracked to the owner. If the owner didn't do wrong then they will not get in trouble in most cases.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #52
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Then by that logic, I can go buy a shit load of ammunition, 1 week later I file a police report that the entire lot was stolen. Then I sell my ammo to criminals at a slightly inflated price and profit without having any accountability at all. Nice. How is that traceable? If those bullets are ever used in a crime...Guess what I'm not responsible. There is more than one way to skin a cat and this laws is one that can easily be gotten around, so I don't see why the government is wasting their time and taxpayers money.
Damn. I'm asking questions because I wanted to know. And all I get is bitching. I'm just asking.

Can someone point me to something that give the posted reason for them doing this?

And there is nothing stopping you from reporting your guns stolen right now. Selling them to a criminal and then getting the insurance check. So you can get paid twice on that weapon. Guess what. Some criminals are quick to talk when the heat is on to save thier own ass. So they point the finger back at you. If it can be proved you are responsible. AND you also add fraud to that list.

People use a gun then toss it. Then when the heat comes down they claim it was stolen. They don't all get away with it.

James
Old 12-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #53
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

per the legislation it only affects handgun calibres and assault rifles.

this would have no affect whatsoever on criminals. they don't buy a lot of ammo for target practice and what not. Their guns get shot only a handful of times. This is a stupid law that helps no one.

as long as they allow me to own as much as I want I don't care if they watch me buy it. I'll sign up for a federal arms card to buy guns and ammo right after they make it legal to profile and stop for search at any time convicted felons. Considering they are the ones who cause most of the gun crimes why don't we try to get the guns away from them instead of the law abiding citizens.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #54
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
right, the ol race card.......BS.

if your against anything BHO is for, your racist.
You can kiss my black ass. I just asked a question because there is a lot of talk about people wanting him dead. And you didn't say why the wanted to fight against the goverment. So take the race card shit and shove it up your ass.

James
Old 12-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #55
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Ask a cop or a some one who knows ballistics this is not a crime control issue it is again this is one more attempt at Class control. An attempt to increase the cost so that people will not buy ammo. Remember the proposed National Ballistic Data Base? The one where a fired shell from every gun would be stored so that crime could be solved by examining the spent shell of a gun. Then someone demonstrated that it could be defeated with a tube of tooth paste and it went away. (except for a few really goofy states like MA where the taxpayers are burdened with a huge expense that has NEVER resulted in even 1 arrest never mind conviction.
This is the result of the Supreme Court upholding at least part of the 2nd Amendment it amounts to useless mental masturbation meant to BUY the anti gun vote. Gi out and vote against it.
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #56
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
why the fuck does the goverment need to know how much ammo i have, it should not matter, unless they are planning on using this to their tactical advantage at a later date and time...
Gee, Drewpy, you're just like me. You're planning on having a standoff against the gov't.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #57
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Because it's outside of their purview.
Meaning it's actually illegal for the feds to ask a state for its registration lists?
Somehow I doubt they'd let that hold them back. Wouldn't doubt the ATF, FBI or DHS has already tapped into those databases multiple times.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #58
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
ETA: Yay! It died in comitte in Mississippi! Flex, in Kentucky where I'm from the law states that anyone owning ammunition wihout such Identifying marks is guilty of a class A misdemeanor. Not a huge deal, except for me. I carry in Kentucky as my permit is honored there, but my ammunition could get me in trouble. Plus, since my permit is from a state that doesn't require ammunition registration I bet they stop honoring it. So there's another thing, the lessening of the reciprocity of my permit.
any info on the other states?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #59
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Ask a cop or a some one who knows ballistics this is not a crime control issue it is again this is one more attempt at Class control. An attempt to increase the cost so that people will not buy ammo.
That's about all I can see it as.
They know "gun grabbing" will never fly in most states, but if they can just make it financially uncomfortable, they can strangle us into submission.

Also, Racer X is correct. It is a slippery slope.
Legislators can make anything they want to sell seem worthwhile and in the "best interests" of law abiding citizens.
If we don't keep asking "Why?", "Will this really help?", and "Is this really necessary?", they're going to rationalize our rights out from under us.
We have the right to say "No" to the government. It just seems like those in power would be a lot happier if we forgot that little fact.

Last edited by Adeptus_Minor; 12-03-2008 at 07:54 PM..
Adeptus_Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #60
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Really? Ammunitions are made in the BILLIONS per annum. How is everybody going to be able to account for each and every single bullet having a distinctive serial number? What sort of machine can encode that quickly?

So chances are they'll do a serial number on a production batch of ammunition. Since that the chances of me BUYING UP the same whole lot of ammunition is zero to none, how many people in which state have bought from the same production lot? How are they going to chase that down?

You'd be surprised! After the Oklahoma City bombing,the FBI found a piece of the rental trucks axle (I think) and managed to figure it's make,model,year and ultimately where it had been rented from and by whom!!! Oh and if they wanted to,they could easily encode each bullet with a serial number. Um look at a box of cereal,it is coded as to when,where and it's number in line. If one was poisoned,they could trace it back to the exact time it was produced.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote