Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Cover charge= Pay for the band
Menu prices= What you pay the restaurant/bar
Tip=What you pay the server

Don't like the arrangement?..eat at Mickey D's; cook at home, eat out of a goddamn trash can, but don't expect good goddam service.

Sorry, spent my whole life in the biz...it's convention, it's expected and eating effing out is bloody optional. It's an effing luxury...so follow effing convention, but don't blame the effing server, or the effing owner or the effing bartender or the effing stripper if they don't want you if you consistantly don't effing TIP (To Insure Promptness).

You don't like the system? Start your own "no tipping" restaurant, but your gonna go broke 'cause your MENU prices are gonna be 15-25% higher to cover the additional labor costs and everybody's gonna tell everybody else how high your prices are.......ask me how I know this...............

You can yell, holler and shoot puppies out of catapults. It still does not make tipping mandatory.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #52
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Funny thing.........When I waited tables at a ski resort, the biggest tippers were locals my age......Who, like me, were basically just getting by, but still tipped generously because THEY worked in the service biz as well, and knew what it was like.

It was the tourists, particularly the international ones from certain European and Latin American countries, who either gyped us or treated us like we were beneath them.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #53
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
You can yell, holler and shoot puppies out of catapults. It still does not make tipping mandatory.
It does if the restaurant recognizes your cheap ass and slaps it on your bill, which they absolutely should do if you are a habitual non-tipper.

(I don't mean you, I know you prob. tip fine.)
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #54
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Neither is bathing or not picking your nose in public and eating the boogs,,,you just look like rude, self-righteous and cheap

Don't tip: I don't care: just don't bitch when none of the servers wants to wait on your sorry ass...

Find a nice fast food joint where your can feel superior for not tipping......
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #55
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Neither is bathing or not picking your nose in public and eating the boogs,,,you just look like rude, self-righteous and cheap

Don't tip: I don't care: just don't bitch when none of the servers wants to wait on your sorry ass...

Find a nice fast food joint where your can feel superior for not tipping......
Bathing, picking my nose and eating it are all personal choices, just like being a server. Strangely enough, I would use almost the exact words you used to describe non-tippers to describe self-righteous, rude, and undeserving servers.

Don't wait on my ass? No problem, I complain get a free meal and move on with my life. It's a restaurant, not some life altering experience.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #56
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Enh, Im with OTB. I've worked it. Fucking hate sunday churchgoers with their pamphlets and 20 people with no tip and europeans as well as some ethnic groups, but by no means would you treat the next table shitty because you got stiffed on the last.

Tmall, dont lump the bad service you've gotten with the good servers you cheap out on. Thats just being a dick even if you are right.

Good servers also earn repeat business, clientele and extraordinary tips from those they treat well. (Except for cheap asses who think they deserve shit without giving the same consideration. thats a good way to have a server see you come in and tell the hostess "fuck no, I aint waiting on those assholes again".)
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #57
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I'm in Japan right now...no tipping. It's great as with the 2 pieces of sushi for 150 Yen.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #58
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
I hate when I go out to eat with stingy tippers. One girl left 2 bucks and change on a 25 dollar a piece meal a few nights ago and I actually felt bad enough to tip a little extra.
That's why I generally ask for separate bills. That way the wait staff always knows who the stingy bastard is. I got tired of doing things like going to someone's birthday dinner, slipping in enough to cover both my meal and that of the person having the birthday, along with a 25% tip, and STILL having a group of 10 people come up short on just the cheque!

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #59
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post

Tmall, dont lump the bad service you've gotten with the good servers you cheap out on.
It's just an excuse. "I had bad service four years ago so I'm not going to tip anybody ever again".
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #60
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
It's just an excuse. "I had bad service four years ago so I'm not going to tip anybody ever again".
I'm a notorious over-tipper, but I'm not shy about giving no tip when there has been no service.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote