Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #51
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Anyone else wondering who is going to have the Beatles' rights now?
Yes, it will probably be his estate for a while.

If I would guess, he didn't have a will, and there is going to be an extended legal battle over the children as to who gains custody over them, and power over his estate until they turn 18, think Anna Nichole Smith. Rather, I would be suprised if he had a will

Anyway, BET has been running an MJ marathon for a little while now.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #52
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

Quote:
Anyone else wondering who is going to have the Beatles' rights now?
i think the obvious answer is me
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #53
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Im guessing theyll be property of his estate and will eventually get sold off for taxes.lol
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #54
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

RIP

Who wants to bet the enviromentalists in this liberal state want his face recycled? Any takers?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #55
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Yes, it will probably be his estate for a while.

If I would guess, he didn't have a will, and there is going to be an extended legal battle over the children as to who gains custody over them, and power over his estate until they turn 18, think Anna Nichole Smith. Rather, I would be suprised if he had a will

Anyway, BET has been running an MJ marathon for a little while now.
Can I ask why you think he probably doesn't have a will? I assumed he would. He might have been crazy, but he must have sane lawyers, right?
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #56
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I for one am very sad to hear of this news.

He was The King of Pop and I've loved him from the get go. He will be missed.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #57
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Can I ask why you think he probably doesn't have a will? I assumed he would. He might have been crazy, but he must have sane lawyers, right?

Was talking about it with my neigbor and it just seemed to fit the family. At the very least a will that is obscure enough to be legally questionable. His father will sue, the lawyers will sue, and so will every Tom Dick and Harry who has any connection to him, including the nurse who birthed his kids.

I also don't think that he lived in the world of normal for a long time. Any legal advice he recieved was questionable at best, probably to keep him happy and to keep his "people" employed. He has lived in a fantasy world for a long time and reality is not something that he knew too much of.

Last edited by derf; 06-25-2009 at 10:56 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #58
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

While trying to find another source than TMZ earlier this afternoon, I found this from 2005....I laughed.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30940
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #59
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

While I will acknowledge that he made an amazing contribution to music, I will also state and don't care if its popular to say this or not, that what he contributed to music is not half as important as the fact that he was a pedophile. And the fact that he dangled his baby from a balcony. And the fact that he used his friendship with Paul McCartney to get the rights to the Beatles catalog KNOWING that Paul had planned to get the rights himself when he was finally able to.

I have empathy for the life he was "forced" to lead as a child/adolescent. I have no empathy for his not making better choices thereafter. NO ADULT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND says the LOVE sleeping with kids. Even if it means sleeping. I love kids, but I tell ya what, sleeping with them, even my own, is a PITA. They hog the bed, they kick and elbow, they (some anyway) wet the bed, they get cranky 'cause they are over-tired and don't want to fall asleep. Yeah, that's fun. NOT!

And no, I wasn't there when he molested children, but, give me a fucking break. One does NOT settle two accusations of molestation with large sums of money, if one did nothing wrong. That's just shit.

Just my 2 cents. So its sad for his kids to not have a healthy daddy in their lives as they grow up, but they never really did. I firmly believe they will stand a better chance at "normal" without him than they did with him.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:36 PM   #60
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
While I will acknowledge that he made an amazing contribution to music, I will also state and don't care if its popular to say this or not, that what he contributed to music is not half as important as the fact that he was a pedophile. And the fact that he dangled his baby from a balcony. And the fact that he used his friendship with Paul McCartney to get the rights to the Beatles catalog KNOWING that Paul had planned to get the rights himself when he was finally able to.

I have empathy for the life he was "forced" to lead as a child/adolescent. I have no empathy for his not making better choices thereafter. NO ADULT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND says the LOVE sleeping with kids. Even if it means sleeping. I love kids, but I tell ya what, sleeping with them, even my own, is a PITA. And no, I wasn't there when he molested children, but, give me a fucking break. One does NOT settle two accusations of molestation with large sums of money, if one did nothing wrong. That's just shit.

Just my 2 cents. So its sad for his kids to not have a healthy daddy in their lives as they grow up, but they never really did. I firmly believe they will stand a better chance at "normal" without him than they did with him.
agreed, anything he did as a musician was ruined by what he did afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote