Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #51
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
What I really find amusing is that some people think "mankind" isn't "natural" to this planet. Like we're an alien life form that is a scouge to all life on earth.

None of the save the planet and save the animal people are willing to give up their cars and houses and electricity, heat and air, tv, computers, cell phones etc, and go live in a cave and hunt with a sharp stick and a rock (or to make it fair, bare hands) to bring "balance" back to the "natural" way of things, are ya???

Yeah, that's what I thought

BTW, them 'er some big ass wolves they growin' up there!!!

Yep, when you become a vegan and build your hut out of rocks and foliage that has already fallen off the tree, btw, I'll have more respect for your point of view.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #52
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

I love how people that get a degree in a liberal one sided college from teacher that are vegan liberals and think they get the whole story. I know plenty of farmer with the same degree that would completely disagree with you. Yes a lot of farmers have degrees these days MSU happens to be very popular with them.

Oh and there is a shit ton of difference between a wolf and a coyote. If we were shooting all the coyotes they would not be running all over like they are.

Personally I'd love to see a few more wolves around here we have way to many deer to dodge(on the bikes) as it is. If my kids played out side I might not but my wife raised a bunch of house vampires long before I came around.

My wife carries pepper spray for the four legged predators when she runs. Mostly large dogs but she said she would feel bad if she hurt one.

I understand both sides of this I love wild animals(even the deer that eat my wife's tulips) but I also think they taste pretty darn good to and if a bear/wolf was in my back yard I'd shoot it to keep it from eating my dog.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #53
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
My wife carries pepper spray for the four legged predators when she runs. Mostly large dogs but she said she would feel bad if she hurt one.
Lol my old doberman loved pepper spray. We started spraying it on stuff to keep him from chewing on it. It worked, he just started licking the pepper spray off.
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #54
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
The difference is when animals die out naturally, it is the Earths way of balancing things out. When Man comes along and arbitrarily destroys life because he can, or its in his way or he gets the creeps from that particular animal, he is unbalancing the natural order of things, which thus allows the whole thing to come unwound.
That's why I blow up beaver dams with large amounts of explosives. That shit ain't natural.

By the way has anyone found a purpose to cats other than inspiring a musical?
Old 12-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #55
Ineffable
Kneedragger

Moto: 2009 KTM RC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
By the way has anyone found a purpose to cats other than inspiring a musical?
Ineffable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #56
Rider
Moto GP Star

Just to clarify since I originally posted this. I don't condone the killing of any animal for the sport. Every animal I shoot, I eat with the exception of coyote. Part of the agreement with the landowner where I hunt is, I need to kill every coyote I come across. Now If i was in the woods and I saw this wolf, Iwould not shoot it. I would observe it and let it go about it's business. I would however shoot it if it was trying to attack me. I do consider myself an ethical hunter and I treat animals with respect when on the hunt.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #57
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Just to clarify since I originally posted this. I don't condone the killing of any animal for the sport. Every animal I shoot, I eat with the exception of coyote. Part of the agreement with the landowner where I hunt is, I need to kill every coyote I come across. Now If i was in the woods and I saw this wolf, Iwould not shoot it. I would observe it and let it go about it's business. I would however shoot it if it was trying to attack me. I do consider myself an ethical hunter and I treat animals with respect when on the hunt.
Im with you.

As for those that think Im all bleeding heart, to reassure you, I would shoot to kill any animal (or human) endangering me or mine, but I respect nature enough to realize that everything has a right to live and go its own way. If I have critters in my home, I dont kill them, I catch them and take them outside if possible, yes including snakes of all varieties. If I could go "all natural" and be "one" with nature, hell yeah I'd love to try it, unfortunately I dont have my own TV show that would pay the bills for me to do something like that.

Theres a difference in killing an animal for sport because you can, and killing an animal out of necessity, I think some of you are missing that.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote