Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #51
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
U huh...so because the dictionary doesn't define the word as a "black specific" derogatory term, it isn't and hasn't been used in that manner? Seriously?

Does anyone honestly believe that the word "nigger" is not predominantly used to describe black people regardless of whom is using it, context or to what purpose? What would you expect a dictionary to say?

nig⋅ger  /ˈnɪgər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [nig-er] Show IPA : a term used to describe black people. slang; nigga, nucka, nizzle, etc

Hahahahaha!
I'm taking it back

Old 01-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #52
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I'm taking it back

Fuck yeh! go whitey!!!!

Incidently I only found out that porch monkey was a pretty racist term, I used to call my friend Rich's lil brother and sister porch monkeys because they wern't allowed off the porch.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #53
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

I am confused. Tigger is half white, yes?

So do you just say "nig" or "ger"? Also if you use the entire word, do you offend your self, and want to kick your own ass?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #54
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Hell, i remember one member (not sure if it was here or cf) even saying it wasnt ok for white people to sing along to rap music with the word 'nigger' in it... Perfectly ok for them to selll millions of copies of said songs though....
My take on this is, many black people are simply mad that the whole gangsta phenomena is being mocked by white people, laughed at by white people, or easily copied by white people. Not only do you have Andy Samberg & Chris Parnell making fun of it on SNL, but every other white girl on myspace is flashing gang signs and laughing.

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-18-2010 at 12:42 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #55
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

MLK day FTW!!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #56
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I never said that either tig. I said if you can, I can.

If I'm standing by and you call your neighbour, "my nigger" prepare to be insulted because its suddenly going to slip into my vocabulary.

Another fine example, I drove one of my friends to the "black" grocery store. His term, not mine. So, I was pointing out the black coffee shops, black gas station, black stop sign when he realized I was just showing him how dumb he sounded referring to it as the "black" store because its near a black neighbourhood.

But, you did say it was ok for you to say nigger because you're black. You've said it several times in this thread. And you then said it is not ok for me because I'm white.

If you would like, ill gladly quote you when I get to my pc to show you..
Your post,

"Its not based solely off of rappers. Stop being willfully obtuse.

You just said it was ok for you and not ok for me.

Why is that? Am I a minority now? If so, I would like some preferential treatment please. "

And now you're saying it again, I never said any of that. I said that it's a matter of "context"... You seem to think that if Lil' Wayne or whomever uses the word nigger, that it's okay for you to call every black person on the planet a nigger. I also said that many black people have taken the word and embraced it. I never said that it was "okay" but I will state that even if that is true, it doesn't give you the "right" to call me a nigger. Seriously, I don't care if every other black person on the planet turns to the black person next to them and uses the word, it doesn't make it "acceptable" for you to call me one, period.

If your friends choose to allow you to play these racial word games with them, that is their prerogative. I doubt that if you were on a public bus and one black guy referred to the other as "my nigger" that you would spend the rest of the trip calling them niggers to their faces...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #57
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
MLK day FTW!!
I know right? Hahahaha!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #58
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I am confused. Tigger is half white, yes?

So do you just say "nig" or "ger"? Also if you use the entire word, do you offend your self, and want to kick your own ass?
Huh? Nah, I have this same type of argument with full blooded blacks as well! As my friends know, I've been on the receiving end of some serious discrimination from black people as well. I like having fun with white people on this subject because most aren't openly prejudice. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the word nigger come out of a white guys mouth because they don't realize that I'm part black.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #59
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
IC.

Plenty of lazy-assed N-----s up that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
And, most of them (if not all back in the day) white.
hey wait a minute.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #60
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I can't tell you how many times I've heard the word nigger come out of a white guys mouth because they don't realize that I'm part black.
Well, the eastern half of NC isn't known for its cultural progressiveness..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote