Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #51
Speedracer42
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
She can go home and say whatever she wants, its on video dude, clear as day. And if I get fired then so be it man. Fear of losing your job is not an excuse to not do the right thing.

Rule #1 for lifeguarding applies to not DYING when you rescue someone. Does not apply here at all. I can handle a 15 year old girl without breaking her bones and without endangering myself...its really not that big a deal for any man that weighs over 150lbs.

It is straight up disgusting to see people making excuses for a situation like this.
Jesus Christ Im glad Im not the only one.
And Apoc, seriously? Dude I KNOW you are smarter than that. Are you REALLY trying to tell me you are concerned about being sued for stopping an assault? We arent saying "oh man I would have beat that little girls ass". As stated above. STOPPING it is all you had to do. And these are fucking punk kids yelling and getting in their faces stands you a pretty good chance of stopping it. And if it escalated so what? In OR and WA both when you are outnumbered you have right to use deadly force. So if some punches are thrown you are pretty covered.
Speedracer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #52
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Well "back in the day" a fight was a fight, not attempted murder. There were rarely weapons used and you fought to win, not to main or kill. Now people whip out a gun 'cause someone dissed 'im.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #53
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

And the truth of it is, that the vast majority of the time when you verbally confront a teenage girl, she will go away.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #54
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
Jesus Christ Im glad Im not the only one.
And Apoc, seriously? Dude I KNOW you are smarter than that. Are you REALLY trying to tell me you are concerned about being sued for stopping an assault? We arent saying "oh man I would have beat that little girls ass". As stated above. STOPPING it is all you had to do. And these are fucking punk kids yelling and getting in their faces stands you a pretty good chance of stopping it. And if it escalated so what? In OR and WA both when you are outnumbered you have right to use deadly force. So if some punches are thrown you are pretty covered.
In this situatiuon, your right. I can and would break it up. Im just saying, I understand how some wouldnt. Though I dont agree with Lauralynnes 'you'd only make it worse'....

Im just saying, the idea of being sued for everything you have, has to weigh in somewhere.

Hell, you could accidently put your hand on that kids tit while pulling her off, and then guess what? Sexual assault! On a minor! Your screwed for life! (and yes, it has happened) Your on the list!

Really, all im saying is, its your own countries laws that make people act this way.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #55
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Really, all im saying is, its your own countries laws that make people act this way.
Nah, the laws just give people an excuse to be complete pussies. Just like I told my son about dealing with assholes at school, sometimes you'll get in trouble for standing up for yourself, but you still have to do it.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #56
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Nah, the laws just give people an excuse to be complete pussies. Just like I told my son about dealing with assholes at school, sometimes you'll get in trouble for standing up for yourself, but you still have to do it.
Theres a difference between standing up for yourself, and interfering with underage kids though.

I dont disagree with what your saying, im just offering an alternative method of thinking about it.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #57
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

They are security guards. That is their job title, not quite in their job description. Their bright yellow vests make old, almost blind people feel protected.

Everyone keeps talking about humanity and blaming these two guys for not doing anything. The average person knows that security can't do shit 9 out of 10 times in the first place. What about the rest of the people standing around that should have been upset at this whole scene who had little to no liability?

It is hard to watch no one doing anything, but not hard to believe.

And people wonder why I love living in the middle of nowhere.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #58
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
No matter what you guys think, security guards are not cops.

Yes, I think someone sure as fuck should have stepped in, but the reality is, it isnt their job. They are not officers, they have no special training, they get a vest and flashlight, and no gun.

It seems you guys have no idea what a security guards job is. Its not to break up fights. They arent cops or bouncers. They are there to patrol and report. Thats it. Most security companies strictly forbid getting involved in violence.
Quote:
How many guards have you met. Most of them are complete pussies on a huge power trip, who think people are scared of them because of their job title.

Then when shit hits the fan, they hide like scared little bitches.

This. All of it. Most of them talk a major tough game but when it comes down to it they are weenies.

Having had to hire, fire and utilize security guards at my last job, Apoc is right on the money.

As good citizens, someone should have stepped in to help, there's no denying that.

But having been the person to fire these kinda guys for some bullshit they pull on a regular basis (like following someone around inappropriately, sexually harassing clients, telling people they are calling the cops because they look suspicious, etc), you can bet they were thinking of not getting fired, doing as they are told and continuing to bring home that meager paycheck to the wife and 3 or more kids. The moment these guys went outside of their job duty, on camera, they'd have lost their job to the next sad guy who was willing to work a shitty job with shitty pay.

It doesnt excuse no one helping, but try and look at it from their POV before crucifying them. Most of us still have decent jobs, our homes, and our families and arent in the kind of straights many members of society are in right now through no fault of their own.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #59
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

That's why I said I blame everyone that didn't act, equally. Every single person that wasn't paralyzed from the waist down, saw what was happening, and didn't act....deserves to die a slow painful death in front of their families.

Their families will then also be executed for not raising or mentoring them better...but those executions will be more humane.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #60
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

This does bring up some valid points about ways our legal system should be changed.
A lot of states have improved their victims' rights and self defense laws, but there needs to be more protection for those who step in to render aid.