Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #51
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I can definitely get back into hiking again if I don't have to drive five hours to the boondocks like in SoCal. But that white powder shit? That's for the birds.
If you like riding a motorcycle, just wait till you throw on a snowsuit and hop on a sled. Besides, you'll want something to do in those winter months (other than staying in the house and bitching about winter) and snowmobiling is a great option. You may be surprised, but don't knock it till you've tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
... but as far as women are concerned, there are hot chicks everywhere. I'd venture to guess that everyone posting down about the Boise talent probably ain't pulling super models... or even Sears catalog models anyway.
Yes, there are. But, keep in mind he's currently in SoCal, where hot women run rampant. While there are hot women in Boise (I dated one for awhile), there are few that are going to match the appearance of the women in SoCal. He's going to see several women, but he's conditioned to seeing them much more often, so it will seem like there are no hot women in Boise, at least until he's been there for awhile.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #52
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I can definitely get back into hiking again if I don't have to drive five hours to the boondocks like in SoCal. But that white powder shit? That's for the birds.
I thought it was all over SoCal.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #53
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
The only thing I remember about Jersey is that the entire state smelled like a landfill.
Then you didn't see much of it. The only stinky part is near NYC, where the city dumps its trash.

South Jersey, and the Jersey Shore is beachie keen, and the pine barrons are pretty pristine woodlands.

The city is where the stink is. You need to get out more.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #54
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Then you didn't see much of it. The only stinky part is near NYC, where the city dumps its trash.

South Jersey, and the Jersey Shore is beachie keen, and the pine barrons are pretty pristine woodlands.

The city is where the stink is. You need to get out more.
Dont forget staten Island, he entire borough should be a superfund site
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #55
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post
if you like riding a motorcycle, just wait till you throw on a snowsuit and hop on a sled. Besides, you'll want something to do in those winter months (other than staying in the house and bitching about winter) and snowmobiling is a great option. You may be surprised, but don't knock it till you've tried it.
qfmft!!!!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #56
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Although it will be different than what you are used to right now, I'm sure you adjust and grow to like it more than you think you will. If anything it will get you out doing things you may not have otherwise done.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #57
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

And just think of the potatos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #58
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. All the works that we anticipated in California fell through so I got assigned to the job in Boise. I can either take it or take a lay-off.

One thing for sure, the rent is dirt cheap.

I've found shops to service my scooter, my Beemer and my Katoom. But the closest Aprilia shop is in Portland, Oregon.

Local scuba diving consists of several lakes and streams. Not necessarily bad.

Don't know what the honey situation is like or even the twisties are like, though the Katoom should be able to get some offroad workout done.
Seems like you are pretty positive and foreward thinking about it. You will save a shit ton of cash in CoL. I would say you could use the money for some new toys, but you have a bunch as it is. Plus the real estate is probably a ton cheaper, you could buy a pimpin house with land for a fraction of what you'd pay in SoCal.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #59
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Seems like you are pretty positive and foreward thinking about it. You will save a shit ton of cash in CoL. I would say you could use the money for some new toys, but you have a bunch as it is. Plus the real estate is probably a ton cheaper, you could buy a pimpin house with land for a fraction of what you'd pay in SoCal.
Very true, I lived outside of L.A. before moving to Mi..... Culture shock!!! Then I moved to NC from Mi, again culture shock. Cost of living, not even close!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #60
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Very true, I lived outside of L.A. before moving to Mi..... Culture shock!!! Then I moved to NC from Mi, again culture shock. Cost of living, not even close!
How did you like LA? I've been thinking of getting into one of the "Big 5" agencies in LA after graduation. The thought of how much I will be paying in rent alone scares me though.

The AMA headquarters are here in Columbus, so that is my plan 2. Though I'd like to work with the roadracing series, but that headquarters is in Florida.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote