Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #51
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I'm a legend in my own mind so no one is better than me.

But seriously when you pick up a cigarette what do you get out of it? When you tell me you pick up a joint I understand why someone would do it. I can't for the life of me think of why someone would find a cigarette enjoyable other than fulfilling into their addiction that they wouldn't have if they never started. Or that they actually think they are cool. That shit lost it's cool back in the 50s.
Because picking up a joint keeps your from being employed, smoking only bans you from the facility grounds and other places.

I smoke a whopping 5 cancer sticks a day. Why don't I quit? Because it keeps me SANE. I go outside and forget about the narrow minded, nosy buttheads who try and regulate every other aspect of my life.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #52
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I wouldn't have such a gripe against smokers if I didn't live with them. Cigs do nothing but stink up the place. They say they're addicted, but I say they're just bored and need to find a damn hobby.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #53
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Some people think wings taste like shit too. Ever notice how everybody everywhere doesn't always like exactly the same thing? Funny isn't it.
Guilty.... wings taste like shit.

Now I can smash on some boneless....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #54
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
I smoke a whopping 5 cancer sticks a day. Why don't I quit? Because it keeps me SANE. I go outside and forget about the narrow minded, nosy buttheads who try and regulate every other aspect of my life.
BTW, that is just another lame excuse. You can be completely sane without the use of any stimulants or depressants. Its called growing some mental fortitude (aka balls) and dealing with shit. I hate how people hide behind alcohol or drugs to "deal with life".
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #55
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
BTW, that is just another lame excuse. You can be completely sane without the use of any stimulants or depressants. Its called growing some mental fortitude (aka balls) and dealing with shit. I hate how people hide behind alcohol or drugs to "deal with life".
No coffee or cola or tylenol for you eh?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #56
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Because picking up a joint keeps your from being employed, smoking only bans you from the facility grounds and other places.

Maybe I should start smoking. I need to forget about the narrow minded, weak buttheads who try and stink up my clothes and give me lung disease.

At least me bitching about cigarette habits won't kill anyone.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #57
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
No coffee or cola or tylenol for you eh?
Coffee tastes like shit. Pop made me fat, sorry, havnt had one in 2 years. I drink water.

Tylenol??? Really Kane. You are comparing Tylenol to cigarettes. GTFO. If you pop 6 Tylenol a day to deal with co-workers bullshit, then there is a problem.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 06-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #58
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Quoted for the TRUTH.

Most, if not all cagers think people who ride m/cs have a death wish.

And for the whole "smokers vs non smokers", you live your life, I'll live mine. I won't bitch about your habits, you don't bitch about mine.

As stated above, grow a thicker layer of skin and get a life.
I agree with this (and with what Kaneman posted).

I also think motorcycles and cigarettes are remarkably similar in another way. There aren't many other activities where people feel compelled to share the bug they have up their ass about that activity with complete strangers for no reason.

As for the "costs ME money" argument, the government spends cigarette taxes on all kinds of things. They fund medicare and medicaid, the uninsured children's health insurance program, and civil projects. In other words they pay for things you would normally be taxed to pay for. Fork over whatever pittance in "extra" health insurance costs you think you are being charged to pay for the health problems of smokers (which, if you believe someone's earlier post, are less expensive than healthy people's) and thank a smoker for keeping your income and sales taxes lower.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #59
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
In other words they pay for things you would normally be taxed to pay for. Fork over whatever pittance in "extra" health insurance costs you think you are being charged to pay for the health problems of smokers (which, if you believe someone's earlier post, are less expensive than healthy people's) and thank a smoker for keeping your income and sales taxes lower.
You mean shit we shouldn't be taxed for. And I also agree cigarette taxes are ridiculous and target a specific group which is wrong. None of those programs should be there. But at the same time if you smoke cigarettes and WHEN you become sick and go to the doctor with some kind of lung disease. That person should pay for their own shit or they can die in the gutter. It doesn't matter to me either way.

Insurance wouldn't be so expensive if they weren't forced to have drug/alcohol/tobacco/etc coverage in them that I'd be glad to opt out of.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #60
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Coffee tastes like shit. Pop made me fat, sorry, havnt had one in 2 years. I drink water.

Tylenol??? Really Kane. You are comparing Tylenol to cigarettes. GTFO. If you pop 6 Tylenol a day to deal with co-workers bullshit, then there is a problem.
Or if you use even one chemical to alter your mental state or better your life. Can't have it both ways, after all, Tylenol is extremely hard on the liver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
You mean shit we shouldn't be taxed for. And I also agree cigarette taxes are ridiculous and target a specific group which is wrong. None of those programs should be there. But at the same time if you smoke cigarettes and WHEN you become sick and go to the doctor with some kind of lung disease. That person should pay for their own shit or they can die in the gutter. It doesn't matter to me either way.

Insurance wouldn't be so expensive if they weren't forced to have drug/alcohol/tobacco/etc coverage in them that I'd be glad to opt out of.
Plenty of people who've never smoked develop lung cancer...so you'd better be able to prove it was caused by the tobacco if you're going to go to that measure.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote