Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #51
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
someone should have told her: IT'S THE FUCKING INTERNET - IF YOU TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY YOU SHOULD PULL THE PLUG, GO OUTSIDE, AND GET A LIFE.

Getting so pissed off over words that are typed online - give me a break. If your whole life - your self esteem - your sense of worth - is tied up in what other people think of you - especially online? Cancel your internet and spend that money on weekly therapy. You need it. Or save it for bail - that shit's expensive!
I think some people here could take that same advice. No?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #52
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

You know, if you think about it, there are so many folks out there today that have no life other than sitting at their computer that it may actually be more surprising that this doesn't happen more often.

Actual in person social interaction has dropped so much that nowadays many people can't even hold a conversation with another person. Think about it, how often do you see 2 or more people out together focusing on each other and never once pick up a phone? I read a study on it not too long ago, found it interesting and true.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #53
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
If your whole life - your self esteem - your sense of worth - is tied up in what other people think of you - especially online? Cancel your internet and spend that money on weekly therapy. You need it. Or save it for bail - that shit's expensive!
Exactly THIS....
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #54
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
You know, if you think about it, there are so many folks out there today that have no life other than sitting at their computer that it may actually be more surprising that this doesn't happen more often.

Actual in person social interaction has dropped so much that nowadays many people can't even hold a conversation with another person. Think about it, how often do you see 2 or more people out together focusing on each other and never once pick up a phone? I read a study on it not too long ago, found it interesting and true.
Yep. And it takes more than just "getting out".

My wife and I were at dinner a few weeks ago.

I look at the table next to us with two mothers and two daughters (early to mid teens).

Both Moms were talking on their cell phones, the older daughter was texting and the younger one was playing on a PSP-type device.

I nodded in their direction as I told the wife: "There is nothing says "family" like some quality mother-daughter bonding time."
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #55
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Yep. And it takes more than just "getting out".

My wife and I were at dinner a few weeks ago.

I look at the table next to us with two mothers and two daughters (early to mid teens).

Both Moms were talking on their cell phones, the older daughter was texting and the younger one was playing on a PSP-type device.

I nodded in their direction as I told the wife: "There is nothing says "family" like some quality mother-daughter bonding time."
I was out at lunch the other day, and I'd purposefully left my blackberry in the car. It was a group of 9 girls and they all had their blackberries or iphones out texting and talking to other people.

Struck me as kind of odd that we were all out to socialize yet couldn't put the technology down. I was kind of bored at one point since there was no one to talk to.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #56
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post

look at the kids now theyre all texting or on FB or AIM or whatever the big chat thing is now, whereas in the past, we actualy had to go out and interact with each other, or sit at home and be bored.

One one hand its good because it does open you up to meet new people and see new things, but on the flip side it makes more peopel stay inside and not interact with society.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #57
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Do they all type in ebonics? I notice everyone does that when posting to a rap video on Youtube. Are they afraid they won't "fit in" otherwise?
Not really, becuase I think the forum is occupied by a bunch of white or Asian kids who are pissed off at their sweet education and upper-middle class parents. They just kept calling him a bitch for calling the cops. One guy goes along the lines "Was this the first time a gun was pointed in your face" like he has it happen all the time.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #58
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I think some people here could take that same advice. No?
I would say Yes but they might drive to my house and ....

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #59
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I would say Yes but they might drive to my house and ....
Youre safe marko wont leave PA
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #60
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Youre safe marko wont leave PA
I've got no reason to give this girl any trouble anyway, sucka.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote