Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #51
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

So this is just for one meal ? I for some reason was thinking it was for several days or even a week or so.

I DON'T really agree with the cheese sandwich thing...if the kid normally brings his own lunch anyways...that's BS to me.

HOWEVER I do agree...as a parent one should get the kid to school on time.

What is the school supposed to do to enforce the rules ? I mean 4 or so tardies ...come on.

I can see the future of this thread now....

TWF members in this thread-----><-------Kaneman

Last edited by z06boy; 01-28-2011 at 09:58 AM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #52
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
No shit.

It's clear you don't really understand responsibility and commitments. Maybe the kid will learn it from school.

...and the cheese sandwich thing was common practice at my school when you were being disciplined.
He gets good grades, does not get in trouble, always says yes sir/no sir and chews with his mouth closed...I think we're doing just fine and dandy.

They used to beat left handed kids until they used their right hands too....doesn't mean its right just because it used to be common practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
You don't seem to understand his point, HE'S the boss, hoss.

One meal in this child's life will clearly scar him. And, bowing to this authority will only mean he will be shot by the cops in the future. Geez, follow along!
You don't have to be a dick about it, I never said any of that. I said I didn't want my kid sitting there being hungry all day when he didn't do anything wrong, which is why I went up there, fought it, and won. Right about now he's probably enjoying his delicious homemade lunch in the seclusion of lunch detention, and all is well.

What, you guys are pissed cause I got my way now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post

So this is just for one meal ? I for some reason was thinking it was for several days or even a week or so.
Hows the bandwagon riding today?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #53
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
They used to beat left handed kids until they used their right hands too....doesn't mean its right just because it used to be common practice.
I'm one of them, though it was whacked on the hand with a ruler, rather than beaten.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #54
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I'm one of them, though it was whacked on the hand with a ruler, rather than beaten.
I've never heard of that, did it actually work?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #55
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

So since it clearly isn't your kids fault he is/was late - you should have to eat the cheese sammich.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #56
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I've never heard of that, did it actually work?
Well given that every time I picked up a pen in my left hand I got a whack on the wrist for it, yes, it pretty much worked. As a result my cursive writing has always sucked and some things I do, I simply must act left-handed for. After all, I'm still left dominant.

I used to be able to use a hockey stick of either handedness, shoot a rifle from either shoulder, etc., but I can only shoot a leftie bow. I never managed to be able to write with either hand, so I'm stuck with the right.

Given that my background is Scottish, and that the teacher was Scottish, it's a bit hard to understand why it was done:

http://www.scotclans.com/bletherskite/?p=2398

(It doesn't just apply to the Kerrs)

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #57
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Food should never be used to reward or punish!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #58
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Food should never be used to reward or punish!!
unless it involves two consenting adults and whipped cream and chocolate sauce...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #59
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
You don't have to be a dick about it, I never said any of that. I said I didn't want my kid sitting there being hungry all day when he didn't do anything wrong, which is why I went up there, fought it, and won. Right about now he's probably enjoying his delicious homemade lunch in the seclusion of lunch detention, and all is well.

What, you guys are pissed cause I got my way now?
Come on, you know me better than that.

This is what I have a problem with - and, you might have just pressed a button [or five] with your ranting. I mentioned it before - making noise without solving the problem. School systems, government, etc don't make changes but for those that put in the time and effort. "Everyone" wants change, they just aren't willing or able to put in the time and effort to make the change. That is, until something happens that makes them directly involved forcing them to put in some time and/or effort.

As I learned earlier this week from a kind older gentleman on a motorcycle; "Some people need a traumatic emotional experience to learn..."

That's fine, go puff up and squawk at the teacher, principle, superintendent. I'm curious if you actually read the paperwork that came home with your child on the first week of school that you have to sign. You know, that three-tree worth of paper that gives you all the rules that you sign as a parent stating you have read and agree with. I know, it's a lot of words - but, rather than just making a change for today because your boy is special and doesn't deserve the big, bad, mean people to make him eat a cheese sandwich... how about change it so that no child should have to.

And, I get it - you believe you have taught your son to respect you. But, the way I look at it, by you teaching him to defy his teacher [by not completing their "unnecessary" homework] and repeatedly being tardy to school, you are teaching him to disrespect others. That is where the peeve comes in.

Carry on...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #60
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

So much judgment in that post concerning things that you don't really know anything about. He's not taught to defy his teacher, as I've already stated he behaves very well in school and gets good marks. Simply put there is not always enough time to do the busy work being sent home, we are very active and feel that life is much more than school work. Does that mean we don't read with him, make sure he knows his spelling words etc.? No, it doesn't.

We went through some serious, emotionally draining, time-consuming, crazy shit at the beginning at the school year that put a big strain on our lives and our ability to keep up with the normal day to day things. I think we handled it pretty well. Yea, we ran late to school a couple of times...but we got him there.

I'm busy living life, I'm not going to devote it to changing a bunch of bullshit that is always been and will always be. We deal with the situations as they arise.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote