Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #51
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Initially (S1 Lightning, etc) perhaps but if that's the case, stay the fuck off the track...right? I remember A LOT of shit talking when the 1125 was first introduced... Don't bring a dog to the horse race and expect the organizers to make special rules for you... What is this an episode of "Pinks" or something?
yup. those elitist ads were practically unbearable. im sure he lost fans with the blast nonsense as well.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #52
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Initially (S1 Lightning, etc) perhaps but if that's the case, stay the fuck off the track...right? I remember A LOT of shit talking when the 1125 was first introduced... Don't bring a dog to the horse race and expect the organizers to make special rules for you... What is this an episode of "Pinks" or something?
I would think given his current situation its easier building race bikes vs mass producing street bikes, or making boutique bikes like bimota or mv agusta.

Seems like he has his supporters as well as detractors, but unless he hooked up with a major manufacturer it would be tough to mass produce a cutting edge sport bike the way the big 4 do. If I am not mistaken dont the big 4 take a hit on the sport bikes compared to the rest of their machines?
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #53
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I would think given his current situation its easier building race bikes vs mass producing street bikes, or making boutique bikes like bimota or mv agusta.

Seems like he has his supporters as well as detractors, but unless he hooked up with a major manufacturer it would be tough to mass produce a cutting edge sport bike the way the big 4 do. If I am not mistaken dont the big 4 take a hit on the sport bikes compared to the rest of their machines?
i think almost everything sold here is at a loss. cept maybe the 250 ninja.
TWF Post whore #6
Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #54
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Everybody has the same rules... I think I should complain, not about Erik bringing nearly twice the displacement, but rather for the big 4 not taking advantage of that rule... I just want more v-twin bikes.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #55
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Everybody has the same rules... I think I should complain, not about Erik bringing nearly twice the displacement, but rather for the big 4 not taking advantage of that rule... I just want more v-twin bikes.
A rule that exists in an obscure little series in a country that's no longer a target demographic that will probably exist only one year? I'm sure they're getting right on that
Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #56
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
A rule that exists in an obscure little series in a country that's no longer a target demographic that will probably exist only one year? I'm sure they're getting right on that
Exactly. So why does everyone bitch?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #57
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Exactly. So why does everyone bitch?
Eirk's hubris and the poke at american pride that they've traded our credibility for a bullshit fairytale ending
Old 02-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #58
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I still blame DMG. They should have never allowed that kind of rule making. They was on the crack. Looking back in retrospect, Erik had to know that Harley had him on the bubble. I think he did all he could to try and get enough momentum to make Harley keep him going. Nothing a good father would do for the Frankenstein bikes he made...

Anyways having raced Jap I4s, and tracked my belt driven, outside braked bike against Jap I4s (600s and 1000s) , I can say without a doubt that it is a capable Highway/Track Day bike and a damn sight easier to live with on the streets. In a true race series, despite what they have done in European competition, no it isn't a proper race platform.

That said I will be first in line for a 1190R, over just about any other 1000 right now 'cause it is different, capable, and righteous dude (not cause it is made in the USA)

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #59
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I still blame DMG. They should have never allowed that kind of rule making. They was on the crack. Looking back in retrospect, Erik had to know that Harley had him on the bubble. I think he did all he could to try and get enough momentum to make Harley keep him going. Nothing a good father would do for the Frankenstein bikes he made...

Anyways having raced Jap I4s, and tracked my belt driven, outside braked bike against Jap I4s (600s and 1000s) , I can say without a doubt that it is a capable Highway/Track Day bike and a damn sight easier to live with on the streets. In a true race series, despite what they have done in European competition, no it isn't a proper race platform.

That said I will be first in line for a 1190R, over just about any other 1000 right now 'cause it is different, capable, and righteous dude (not cause it is made in the USA)
You know what? EBR needs to scoop up some honda engines and slap together a fuel framed moto2 bike with ztl brake. I would support the hell out of that
Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #60
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

If they had any money...They will probably waste away what they have left trying to get results in a very disrespected US Superbike Class.

The ZTL didn't work very well. The ZTL 2 did. Like any bike you have to play with pad compound and run good fluid, but what everyone read from stock versions being tested in bike mags it didn't work...

Belt drive works fine at the track as long as you don't have any compromises at the track that would require a change in gearing. It is very flexible with gearing anyways cause it is a twin, you can always find a gear that works, and different length tracks dont fool it too much. You simply have to have a chain driven sprocket for fine tuning it to the last tenth and hundredth on track.

The chassis has a ton of mechanical grip though and good suspension straight from the box. It doesnt have the range of adjustability that the japs have tho. Pretty much find "your" set up and leave it to ride around any problems that the oriental bikes can fine tune for...

A Moto2 entry would need to be lighter, otherwise I think he could go with the concept as drawn..

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote