Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #51
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
but most of them refuse to accept checks anymore because they're too lazy to go to the bank, so what else are you going to do?
That's a BS excuse. There are tele-check services that will run checks through and make it like a debit transaction at POS (the check gets written, swiped, and returned as a "Paid/Canceled" check to the purchaser right at the POS). Going to the bank to deposit a check is no longer a necessity.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #52
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I am on target to cash in about $600 this year in cash back... use my CC for EVERYTHING.
I do, too. An old lady at a rural gas station lectured me about how I was going to be paying for my soda and beef jerky for years and how the interest would cost me 3x than paying cash.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #53
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
I do, too. An old lady at a rural gas station lectured me about how I was going to be paying for my soda and beef jerky for years and how the interest would cost me 3x than paying cash.
Last time I paid interest was in college, when I would use those balance transfer checks to buy cars
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #54
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Last time I paid interest was in college, when I would use those balance transfer checks to buy cars
Don't remind me! I grew up quite poor and thought credit cards were like free money when I finally started qualifying for them (it's how they were treated where I grew up). Holy moly was that a tough, expensive life lesson. I cringe when I think of the cc debt I used to carry and all the money I threw away on interest.

I figure if I get ~$1000 cash back each year from my cc, we'll be even by the time I'm dead.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #55
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Yeah I once had about $25K racked up on them. Kept transferring the balance to new cards to take advantage of some temporary 2.9% deal or some bs like that. Finally I stuck a piece of paper on my refrig, with the current balance. It was like a motivator to see it get lower and lower.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #56
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

I use my CCs pretty often but not all the time. Pay the balance each month. I try to use them for all online purchases. My wife's debit card somehow got into the hands of a UK theif a year or so ago who ordered ~$2K in LED grow lights. BOA credited us the money within 2 days, IIRC. Was a bit of a PITA.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote