Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #51
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Just so that you don't feel that the US is the only place with fucked-up verdicts, I give you the Guy Turcotte murder case. He stabbed his children, Oliver age 5 and Anne-Sophie age 3, to death. That was never in dispute. He was found "not criminally responsible", which is our legal way of stating an insanity plea.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/canada/2.../18384006.html

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #52
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Just so that you don't feel that the US is the only place with fucked-up verdicts, I give you the Guy Turcotte murder case. He stabbed his children, Oliver age 5 and Anne-Sophie age 3, to death. That was never in dispute. He was found "not criminally responsible", which is our legal way of stating an insanity plea.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/canada/2.../18384006.html
Honestly though, you can't be too mentally stable to stab your children to death
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #53
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Honestly though, you can't be too mentally stable to stab your children to death
These days we are far too quick to assign such things to mental instability, when in the past we would have referred to it as just being fucking evil.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #54
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I wonder what it was about this case that got everyone so fired up. there were a few abuse cases in NYC over the last few years that were much more horrific than this one, where the kids suffered through some horrible abuse befiore dying whereas this one seems to have died rather fast.
TV coverage.

NY is televised as a hole where shit like that happens while where this lady was from is supposed to be paradise or some shit.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #55
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
TV coverage.

NY is televised as a hole where shit like that happens while where this lady was from is supposed to be paradise or some shit.
And, they had that angelic picture of the daughter. That shit KILLS in the ratings.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #56
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
And, they had that angelic picture of the daughter. That shit KILLS in the ratings.
Thats all it is, the story got ratings so they kept it on full time, and it got better ratings so they kept it on
Old 07-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #57
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Casey's parents are only a few miles from where I live. It is not paradise in this area, believe me. Orlando's east side is one of the worst places in the county to live, it sucks.

I think the reason it has gotten so much attention is that in the beginning the whole community was caught up in what they thought was a missing child case. Lots of people went out to help in the search. Then as the story unraveled, even more people were drawn into it. This case has been major local news for three solid years.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #58
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Casey's parents are only a few miles from where I live. It is not paradise in this area, believe me. Orlando's east side is one of the worst places in the county to live, it sucks.
Ask the average Joe in East Bumblefuck Montana and they won't know that, and the media leaves details like that out. They'll think "FL - must be nice there"

Ask 'em about NYC though, and they'll talk about crime and bad shit happening.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #59
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post

I think the reason it has gotten so much attention is that in the beginning the whole community was caught up in what they thought was a missing child case. Lots of people went out to help in the search. Then as the story unraveled, even more people were drawn into it. This case has been major local news for three solid years.
I heard all that BS when I was getting ready to move down here... If you think the east side of Orlando is bad, you haven't seen shit. I wouldn't hesitate to live ANYWHERE on the east side... raise a family, etc (though I've never investigated the schools)...

I know exactly where she lives.... I too, live within a few miles... With the exception of a few neighborhoods on this side of town, they area all straight up middle class... The few 'bad' neighborhoods are lower middle class at worst.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #60
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Gives good material for the FB spammers, though. I've already seen one person with some status about signing a petition for "Caylee's Law." Gone now, so I'm guessing it was bogus.

(Real or not, I wasn't about to waste time clicking on it to see wtf it was about.)
Not BS, some politician in Oklahoma is rallying it
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote