Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #51
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

If there aren't pictures, then it's not worth it.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:44 AM   #52
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Holy shit, this thread is COMPLETELY relevant to my interests.

I live next door to the local crazy cat lady. She goes through 120lbs of cat litter a week and supports a population of around 20 cats, that are constantly reproducing so you can imagine the situation is getting very out of hand. The city won't do anything here either, they say if I go buy traps I can trap the cats and bring them in. Fuck that.

What I did do was get a really nice all metal, fully automatic, high velocity M4 airsoft gun. I shoot as many as I can and even do drive-bys sometimes on those bitch ass cats....it helps, they generally stay out of my yard, or they just hide really well now when they are in it.

Goddamn I hate those fucking cats.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #53
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I've never used an airsoft. How hard do they hit?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #54
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Depends on how high you WANT 'em to hit.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #55
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Get a sniper rifle variety and they will hit extremely hard at closer ranges. Get a good regular range and they hit like tiny paintballs, sometimes worse. Get one at a flea market on the cheap range and they aren't so bad at all.

Just make sure you get the degrading bb's, so you don't have those stupid plastic balls all over your yard forever.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #56
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Get a sniper rifle variety and they will hit extremely hard at closer ranges. Get a good regular range and they hit like tiny paintballs, sometimes worse. Get one at a flea market on the cheap range and they aren't so bad at all.

Just make sure you get the degrading bb's, so you don't have those stupid plastic balls all over your yard forever.
Nah those biodegradable BB's break up in your gun jamming it up. Better off to use a good .177 air rifle. 1000fps will do the trick.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #57
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Holy shit, this thread is COMPLETELY relevant to my interests.

I live next door to the local crazy cat lady. She goes through 120lbs of cat litter a week and supports a population of around 20 cats, that are constantly reproducing so you can imagine the situation is getting very out of hand. The city won't do anything here either, they say if I go buy traps I can trap the cats and bring them in. Fuck that.

What I did do was get a really nice all metal, fully automatic, high velocity M4 airsoft gun. I shoot as many as I can and even do drive-bys sometimes on those bitch ass cats....it helps, they generally stay out of my yard, or they just hide really well now when they are in it.

Goddamn I hate those fucking cats.
Have you contacted a local rescue to find out if they do catch and release? In the city I work for we actually pay the crazy cat lady to catch all the feral cats and have them spayed and neutered, then she releases them back to their colonies. Humane and keeps them from multiplying. We only have to do a big trapping program once a year, for the random ones that wander in. There are several other organizations, like the Humane Society here that offer the similar programs. AND, if the cats arent in great shape, you can get them riled up about it and they will come in with the authorities and take them away...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #58
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

The idea in the video. Replace the door actuator and garden hose, with a couple of scrapyard windshield washer nozzles and a bottle full of vinegar.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #59
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

In the immortal words of Troy Landry

Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #60
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Hard enough to break human skin, but not hard enough to kill a cat. I can't bring myself to kill them for both legal and moral reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Have you contacted a local rescue to find out if they do catch and release? In the city I work for we actually pay the crazy cat lady to catch all the feral cats and have them spayed and neutered, then she releases them back to their colonies. Humane and keeps them from multiplying. We only have to do a big trapping program once a year, for the random ones that wander in. There are several other organizations, like the Humane Society here that offer the similar programs. AND, if the cats arent in great shape, you can get them riled up about it and they will come in with the authorities and take them away...
You've got to be shitting me. You want me to go to all that trouble just so some fucking hippies can release them back into my 'hood? Fuck that. 50 cats won't be any worse than 25 IMO, either way my garbage is going to be destroyed as soon as I put it out and they're going to bring fleas and disease either way.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote