Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #51
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Where?
Everywhere. You'll have to buy a hard drive or just a memory pack though. Spend the extra hundo and get the one with the hard drive already on it.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #52
Rider
Moto GP Star

Cool. Thanks!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #53
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Everywhere. You'll have to buy a hard drive or just a memory pack though. Spend the extra hundo and get the one with the hard drive already on it.
And wireless controller included.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #54
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Cool. Thanks!
No problem.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #55
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I got it!!!! Finally came in this morning. Ran over and was the first person to grab one... Sped home, ripped it open. AMAZING!

It is so good, way better than my 06' copy. It's soooo smoothe. Interesting additions to the gameplay too. Like I said before, you start in 125 and work up. No longer do you design your own bike to ride on. You sign contracts with standing teams, and based on performance for the year you get offers from other 125 teams to either switch or move up to 250. When you get up to GP, i guess you sign with the likes of Repsol Honda and Marlboro Ducati. Really cool...

Other changes from my old 06 (maybe not 07) is no longer can you pull through a turn and slam back onto the throttle when leaned over. If you are mid turn you have to gradually and carefully roll onto the throttle. If not the rear end starts to swing out, BUT now you can now save yourself.

Versus the old game, if you are happy on the left thumbstick, it will seem a bit jerkey. But if you adjust your style a bit, this new game is real smoothe. U-turns are a breeze compared to my old game. And it looks GOOD. Real good bike and rider models. Much better track side and especially distant scenery.

And the AI is fixed!!! MUCH better close racing. Not brick walls any more. They adjust to your line... New multiple "simulation" levels are available.

1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #56
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I got it!!!! Finally came in this morning. Ran over and was the first person to grab one... Sped home, ripped it open. AMAZING!

It is so good, way better than my 06' copy. It's soooo smoothe. Interesting additions to the gameplay too. Like I said before, you start in 125 and work up. No longer do you design your own bike to ride on. You sign contracts with standing teams, and based on performance for the year you get offers from other 125 teams to either switch or move up to 250. When you get up to GP, i guess you sign with the likes of Repsol Honda and Marlboro Ducati. Really cool...

Other changes from my old 06 (maybe not 07) is no longer can you pull through a turn and slam back onto the throttle when leaned over. If you are mid turn you have to gradually and carefully roll onto the throttle. If not the rear end starts to swing out, BUT now you can now save yourself.

Versus the old game, if you are happy on the left thumbstick, it will seem a bit jerkey. But if you adjust your style a bit, this new game is real smoothe. U-turns are a breeze compared to my old game. And it looks GOOD. Real good bike and rider models. Much better track side and especially distant scenery.

And the AI is fixed!!! MUCH better close racing. Not brick walls any more. They adjust to your line... New multiple "simulation" levels are available.

Good to hear. Im looking to get a ps3 or 360 as a graduation gift to myself in dec or jan and the moto gp games are one of the main reasons.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #57
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Good to hear. Im looking to get a ps3 or 360 as a graduation gift to myself in dec or jan and the moto gp games are one of the main reasons.
Cool cool. Graduation gift... from college?? I'm not really a fanboy or anything, but I'd go with the 360. Have one myself. Its not that I dislike the PS3, and its free online. But i have an insider in the gaming industry and he said the PS3 is failing. He said it is way overpriced and that nobody is buying. In reaction 3rd party game makers are going to be more hesitant to dump money to develop games that arent gonna get bought. The spread of 360 games is soo much wider imo. Honest to god I lived on a huge college campus for 2 years, and did not know a single person with a PS3. But everyone has a 360 or wii. And I dont like the PS controller at all....

Either way.. as long as you can get Moto GP, SBK, and Gears of War 2... you win!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:28 AM   #58
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Cool cool. Graduation gift... from college?? I'm not really a fanboy or anything, but I'd go with the 360. Have one myself. Its not that I dislike the PS3, and its free online. But i have an insider in the gaming industry and he said the PS3 is failing. He said it is way overpriced and that nobody is buying. In reaction 3rd party game makers are going to be more hesitant to dump money to develop games that arent gonna get bought. The spread of 360 games is soo much wider imo. Honest to god I lived on a huge college campus for 2 years, and did not know a single person with a PS3. But everyone has a 360 or wii. And I dont like the PS controller at all....

Either way.. as long as you can get Moto GP, SBK, and Gears of War 2... you win!
PS3 controllers are much more comfortable (and small) than 360 controllers. I believe you though about it going down the drain. Way overpriced. When is the 360 going to implement blu-ray though?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #59
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

yeah sure it is ever bother to check marketshare in the rest of the world? its all nintendo/sony. and btw, all my friends have ps3s....or are on their 8th failbox threeshitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
PS3 controllers are much more comfortable (and small) than 360 controllers. I believe you though about it going down the drain. Way overpriced. When is the 360 going to implement blu-ray though?
it was never overpriced they just made you buy everything up front. at the ps3's launch i did a cost comparison between a 60gig and an 360 pro edition with all the accessories to equal sony's package. came out to about $1100 almost twice what the triple goes for. probably closer now and microsoft will probably never add drive support. so guess who's games are gonna have limitations on video and audio quality in a few years?

10 million americans cant do math
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #60
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

I have both. I use both. X360 blows the ps3 away in pretty much all areas. The Ps3 software on the console is gay, the online may be free, but damn, it sucks! The controllers feel like cardboard. The mic i got for the -s3 sucks. COD4 on the ps3 vson the 360 is nowhere near as cool. The six axis stuff is kinda cheezy too.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote