Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #51
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

hah this is jersey man, i havent seen a wild pheasant in like 15 years. and that one was in downtown camden so it probably escaped from somewhere
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #52
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Don't kid yourself. Dogs are expensive and just as much work. Rae is right...baby's grow up...Labs don't. And they eat a TON of food. And vet bills. I'm sure a baby is more expensive in the long run...who knows.

Labs are great dogs. They love people, they love attention, they love food. They are a stomach with 4 legs. They will do anything you want them to do if you have food.

They require ALOT of training or they will quickly become poorly behaved. And DO NOT let them think they are in charge. They will try to run the house. You have to show them who's boss.

They will be outside. Said puppy wouldn't be allowed in house ever.

And they are great with kids. Mine doesn't care if kids pull his tail or his ears...he loves them. Except when they get down with the high pitch screaming...that hurts his ears.
i agree kid friendly will be a requirment. Training won't be a problem, I have alot of contacts that could train.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #53
comonboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
and here you are advocating a chore on legs

i found max under the hood of a ford model t = freebie. and with minimal training and regular reminders of dominance (roll him on his back and stare him down) he doesnt bite beg or scratch. plus he comes when called and knows the exhaust notes of both of my bikes and will charge to meet me at the back door when i turn on the street. my little buddy does not suck
Cutty says that cause The Devil and Sqweuki are spoiled and don't really like him. They hiss and try to scratch him whenever he comes around. If he would just let them go around he would be much better. They both like to cuddle on the couch with "mommy"
Old 10-23-2008, 01:26 AM   #54
comonboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
will max go get a pheasant out of thick cat tails after I shoot it and it goes down?

didn't think so.

see, IMO it's better for them to have room to run and play when I'm not around. Hence, the outdoor kennel with a kick ass dog house.
I think Sqweuki will go get the pheasant if she was trained. She loves chasing after things that flop around.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:28 AM   #55
comonboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My dog is a pet. He's not a worker. Even if he was he'd still stay inside. I just don't think dogs should be kept outside. They are part of the family...atleast to me...so he stays in with me.

Now, he's not allowed on the furniture. And he doesn't destroy things. He stays in his crate when I'm gone.
If it's an ankle bitter then I can see a dog being inside. However I don't think anything over 15 lbs. should be locked up indoors. My dog at my parents is about 160 lbs. If he was in the house he would knock shit over just from trying to turn around. He, IMO, deserves to be outside where he is free to run and play... Not couped up in a house like a prisoner.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:30 AM   #56
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

holy shit... we have a new vabs
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #57
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
If it's an ankle bitter then I can see a dog being inside. However I don't think anything over 15 lbs. should be locked up indoors. My dog at my parents is about 160 lbs. If he was in the house he would knock shit over just from trying to turn around. He, IMO, deserves to be outside where he is free to run and play... Not couped up in a house like a prisoner.
Fair enough. My lab is 70 lbs. He's small by lab standards...but no fucking way he would ever stay outside. He can knock shit over, but he's got manners. He sleeps in his bed on our floor. And has one chair thats his. In fact, he's in it right now staring at me.

Besides, outside dogs smell bad. And are always dirty.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #58
Rider
Moto GP Star

My dog is a Boxer and all Boxers are very sensitive to hot or cold weather. He shivers when he goes outside to piss in the early mornings when its 32 degrees out. He's a family dog, he wants to be around my family 100% of the time when he is not sleeping. He goes through seperation anxiety if he is left alone.

Dogs that are used 100% of the time as working dogs or hunting dogs can be left outside all the time, but if they are at all remotely a family dog they need to be inside with the family.

Last edited by Rider; 10-23-2008 at 09:28 AM..
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #59
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

How could I leave this guy outside all the time?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #60
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post

Dongs that are used 100% of the time as working dogs or hunting dogs can be left outside all the time, but if they are at all remotely a family dog they need to be inside with the family.
my dong is always working
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote