Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #61
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And 900-sq ft townhomes for $450K

I'll be leaving next year........Shooting for Texas, but I might have to go up to SF where it's even more expensive
we don't like yur type down here............lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #62
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I'm definitely looking into a teaching position. I forgot all about Texas so maybe I'll look into that too. Any areas to avoid in Texas?

NYC is now on the list although it's not exactly bike friendly.
If you are wanting teaching, look into North to Central Georgia. They pay pretty well thanks to the lottery and cost of living is low outside of Atlanta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #63
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And 10 different streets named Peachtree.
10 ?!?

Try 71 streets with some variant of "Peachtree" in their name.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #64
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If you are wanting teaching, look into North to Central Georgia. They pay pretty well thanks to the lottery and cost of living is low outside of Atlanta.
Truth. We are living on the North side of the meto and the county we live in has one of the highest ranking schools in the country for the use of technology in the classrooms. The county also has some of the highest test scores in the state. They pay is very good. The administrations support their teachers. The parents are actively involved. Teachers are respected, for the most part. My wife is so happy to be working up here compared to South Florida.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 AM   #65
FJRChick
Something Clever

Moto: '04 Yamaha FJR1300

I recommend Raleigh. It was voted the best place to live if your single and has the mountains to play in to the west and the beach to the east all within a days ride
Old 12-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #66
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Thank you so much for all the replies!

I'm basically in the "research" stages of things. The job market here sucks. For teachers it's all who you know and not what you know. I've applied to over 200 jobs and I haven't been called for a SINGLE interview. Not once. It's disheartening to say the very least.

And absolutely NOTHING can compare to the expensiveness that is London. Trust me.

Oh and Smittie.....I'm sooooo done with school for a little bit at least. Finished my master's a couple of years ago and have been teaching since then.

The worst part is that even after 'dumbing down' my resume (for lack of a better term) I still don't get hired. I go for interviews and right away they can tell that I'm not just a joe schmoe looking for a data entry job.

I just find it really interesting to hear everyone's point of view on different locales. I'm specific in what I want since I can be a bit choosey. Obviously bike friendly and non-winter are two of my biggest considerations!

Thanks again!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #67
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Truth. We are living on the North side of the meto and the county we live in has one of the highest ranking schools in the country for the use of technology in the classrooms.
This is really important to me. I plan to go for any and all technology grants I can get to bring it into the classroom. England is way ahead of us in this regard and it made a huge difference in lesson delivery.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #68
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
This is really important to me. I plan to go for any and all technology grants I can get to bring it into the classroom. England is way ahead of us in this regard and it made a huge difference in lesson delivery.
Most of the classrooms have the interactive white boards. Lisa makes all sorts of cool interactive learning games for the kids and shares them with her team, and vice versa. As the kids take tests, their scores appear on her master laptop as they finish. They have new laptops this year and the schools all use wireless. They also provide VPNs for the students, parents and teachers to access their school files, homework, etc. from home. There's collaborative web sites for each classroom that the teachers administer and use to communicate with parents, provide scheduling, etc.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #69
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
...Obviously bike friendly and non-winter are two of my biggest considerations!

Thanks again!
For bike-friendly (curvy roads), you can't do much better than the west half of Colorado. Unfortunately, there's that winter thing. Here in Denver, the schools are begging for math and science teachers.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #70
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Most of the classrooms have the interactive white boards. Lisa makes all sorts of cool interactive learning games for the kids and shares them with her team, and vice versa. As the kids take tests, their scores appear on her master laptop as they finish. They have new laptops this year and the schools all use wireless. They also provide VPNs for the students, parents and teachers to access their school files, homework, etc. from home. There's collaborative web sites for each classroom that the teachers administer and use to communicate with parents, provide scheduling, etc.
That's amazing. I have a ton of websites that have cool interactive games if she's interested. I don't know that I want to teach without an interactive whiteboard again!

Another thing I forgot to mention......I'm looking for a community with good adult sport leagues. I currently play ultimate frisbee, soccer, and field hockey and want to continue playing those where ever I move.