tater's whore of an ex wife 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #61
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Something that is overhyped, doesn't deliver as promised, and will be outdated pretty soon anyway.

Sounds like most of you don't use a phone as a phone anyway
I actually use my phone as a phone. The extras are nice (iPhone) but at the minimum it has to be a good phone.

In this area, the droid offers what the iPhone cant. Decent phone service in addition to all the bells and whistles. Has nothing to do with whatever generalization you want to make.

WIFI + good browser + phone service that actually works + the rest of the toys and apps = win

In this area, iTouch > iPhone and thats because of the app library. As a pmp device (music and videos) there are better products out there than the itouch.

I think that the itouch\iphone are great products. I'm just not as much of fruity "tickle the grape"s kinda guy about it as you seem to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #62
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
1. How are you able to get the droid for $99? The cheapest I've seen is $150 on verizon online with existing customer.
The 2-yr price is $299, online it is $199 after their instant rebate.

I am eligible for a $100 credit toward any phone because I am an existing customer and my contract is up.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #63
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
ok, at the risk of sounding stupid and too lazy to google it can someone explain to me what 3G really is?
3G is the "3rd generation" voice/data network. I think 1G was analog cellular, 2G was digital voice and slow data (wasnt really made for data), 3G is the current standard with fairly fast data and digital voice. 4G will start rolling out in 2010 with very fast data speeds.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #64
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post

In this area, the droid offers what the iPhone cant. Decent phone service .
Is there any actual proof of this? What, just because the Droid is made by a certain manufacturer, then it automatically has good reception & voice quality? I'd like to see actual test results of the specific model, instead of internet generalizations based on manufacturer.

And as for WiFi, I'd rather pay for an actual data plan rather than having to constrain my data usage to hotspots.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #65
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

There is lots of proof droid service is better than iphone. With droid I can be doing what I am doing now. Sitting on the crapper at work posting via 3g. With an iphone there is no service whatsoever here. Att has a smaller network. if you stay in major cities than this won't apply to you.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #66
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There is lots of proof droid service is better than iphone. With droid I can be doing what I am doing now. Sitting on the crapper at work posting via 3g. With an iphone there is no service whatsoever here. Att has a smaller network. if you stay in major cities than this won't apply to you.
I'm not sure how many times this has to be posted. It's been stated several times by several people. ATT sucks outside of cities. Period. I have ATT and will testify to this all fucking day long.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #67
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Is there any actual proof of this? What, just because the Droid is made by a certain manufacturer, then it automatically has good reception & voice quality? I'd like to see actual test results of the specific model, instead of internet generalizations based on manufacturer.

And as for WiFi, I'd rather pay for an actual data plan rather than having to constrain my data usage to hotspots.

Lets recap

ATT SUCKS round here.
Even when you have a STRONG signal on the iPhone, it's not as good as other services.

As a phone it sucks in this area. Take a poll, ask around....shit even in this thread there are comments on how ATT sucks.

As a device, If half the people I know have had to return it because of some bullshit hardware issue like the home button taking a dump or it flaking out then guess what. I'm not going to put it on some pedestal.

As for the UI...its good.

Why the hell are you being so critical of the droid and people who want it?

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 12-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #68
pauldun170
Serious Business

as for you and a data plan....good for you. Shell out as much money as you want to be able to surf where ever you want.

I don't need that. I'm fine with hotspots and see no need to waste money on a data plan.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #69
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Why the hell are you being so critical of the droid and people who want it?
Fucking hipsters.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #70
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Well IMO the true "hipsters/bandwagoners" are the ones who slam Apple any chance they get.

Seems like one of the following:

1) inferiority complex
2) jealousy that Apple gets a lot of media attention
3) bragging about Droid's open source, regardless if they'll ever actually see an advantage from it
4) complaining about Apple's batteries, regardless if they keep phones long enough to experience a problem with their battery
5) proclaiming that Droid is easier to use when it's not
6) too fucking cheap to buy a data plan even though they prolly have a $4K TV and buy $500 worth of video games a year
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote