Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #61
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Same here....and thats where it'll stay till at least the beginning of March.
ifit sneaks back up into the high 30's o rlow 40's and the roads are in decent shape I will sneak out for a bit. My goal is to tr yto ride at least one day of each month. Failed last year from dec-march since winter was prety cold.

I missed december again and am an ofer in january so far.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #62
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
ifit sneaks back up into the high 30's o rlow 40's and the roads are in decent shape I will sneak out for a bit. My goal is to tr yto ride at least one day of each month. Failed last year from dec-march since winter was prety cold.

I missed december again and am an ofer in january so far.
I dont worry about stuff like that. It was 30* the day I put the Buell away...that was plenty cold for me. I'll just wait till weather's decent come spring. Wish I had a garage so I could do some work on that sucker.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #63
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I dont worry about stuff like that. It was 30* the day I put the Buell away...that was plenty cold for me. I'll just wait till weather's decent come spring. Wish I had a garage so I could do some work on that sucker.
At our old appt the bikes were either in a carport or at my dads garage so I didnt do much work. Now I am luvin it with the attatched garage, its a lil chilly in there now but at least I can do work if need be. The buell is sleeping with a tender on it but my gsxr and aprilai are all taken apart for various projects.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #64
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
At our old appt the bikes were either in a carport or at my dads garage so I didnt do much work. Now I am luvin it with the attatched garage, its a lil chilly in there now but at least I can do work if need be. The buell is sleeping with a tender on it but my gsxr and aprilai are all taken apart for various projects.
Buell is washed, cleaned, fresh oil and under a cover awaiting the warm weather. Battery is in the basement on the Tender.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #65
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Buell is washed, cleaned, fresh oil and under a cover awaiting the warm weather. Battery is in the basement on the Tender.
Nice, you add any fuel stabilizer, been meaning to get some stabil or seafoam.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #66
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Nice, you add any fuel stabilizer, been meaning to get some stabil or seafoam.
Yeah, put a few ounces of Seafoam in it, filled the tank, and ran it around the block to get it circulated. I put Sta-Bil in the Buell last year and it didn't respond the way I would have liked when I got it out. So I stopped using it and haven't had issues since.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #67
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
That's a solid start compared to my 22 miles thus far. I was thinking that you would fall into the 15K category at least.
Eh, I don't have any major moto trips planned this year and the main rally is in my backyard, so I don't even travel to that this year like last year. I may take a few shorter distance trips, but I don't plan on putting on a bunch of miles on trips. Most of my vacation days this year are going to nonmoto trips. Going to NY for Thanksgiving and Mardi Gras in New Orleans, probably both by air.

Quote:
Come to PA, dick monger.
That's a shitty trip, almost did that once, you come to the gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #68
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Eh, I don't have any major moto trips planned this year and the main rally is in my backyard, so I don't even travel to that this year like last year. I may take a few shorter distance trips, but I don't plan on putting on a bunch of miles on trips. Most of my vacation days this year are going to nonmoto trips. Going to NY for Thanksgiving and Mardi Gras in New Orleans, probably both by air.

That's a shitty trip, almost did that once, you come to the gap
Some day.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #69
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Good to know, I used stabil in the past on my track bike and TL and had no issue, but will go with the seafoam for the buell just ot be on the safe side.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #70
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Good to know, I used stabil in the past on my track bike and TL and had no issue, but will go with the seafoam for the buell just ot be on the safe side.
Not saying that was the problem...but I've used Seafoam several times with zero issue.

Quote: