Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #61
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Everyone is different but for me living together is like marriage....and I just don't want to do it until I'm actually married.

I think anything I'd find out about that person in the course of our relationship would be enough. It's not like I'm going to end a perfectly good relationship because he can't put his socks in the hamper?

It's kind of like "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free".
There are so many things you don't see about a person when you don't live together. It can be much more then just socks on the floor. It could be 10-15 things that just drive you crazy. In the beginning its not to bad its just something small. Have a bad week at work, your SO just getting on your nerves for something to do, 10-15 of your pet peeves that your SO does and it can become a big problem. It goes from oh he just leaves his dirty socks on the floor every now and then to "If that mofo leaves one more Fing sock on the floor I'm going to choke his lazy ass with it!!!"

There are some things that are easy to put up with. Somethings are not so easy. And I'm not even talking about sex in any of this. On a date you see the best of someone. If they are an asshole on a date run as fast as you can because most people are not the same person when they get home.

Take me for example.

I get pissed if I step on things. When we lived with Lisas parents the room we were in was crowded. Many times I would wake up and when I would put my foot down I would step on something or kick something.

When we moved in the house I didn't want a coffee table and said we couldn't get one. I said I want to be able to do a kart wheels in every room.

I hate all her make up and blow dryers and everything laying around in the bathroom.

Another thing about me is I walk around naked a lot. Some people would hate that. On a date I would be dressed.

One thing my wife loves about me is I never leave piss or hair on the toilet. Thats something that drives her crazy and could have been a deal breaker.

It might seem like I'm joking around but I'm not. I would not want to marry someone without living with them first. Thats when you find out who they really are, if your compatible and if you could put up with that person for the rest of your life.

And spending weekends with them is not enough IMO. You need at least a few months. If your still in that date mode your not seeing 100% off that person.

I just couldn't do it.

And I was kinda seeing someone for a long time without living with her. That pretty much stayed in date mode that whole time because of that. It makes things fun that way but there is a lot you don't learn about that way.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #62
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Totally agree Kel. I lived with someone for 7 years. I can't remember at what point he asked me to marry him but it was pretty far into it. By the time he finally asked me I didn't want to anymore. I gave him his ring back and moved out.
Why? Because he waited so long? What if he only waited a year or two? Or was it that by that time you knew the real him and decided that you didn't care for him anymore?

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 04-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #63
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Yeah But Shit is Different when you wake up everyday in the same House as someone else...Like Me, I put shit where I KNOW Ill find it...Then Little Miss comes along as says, THAT DOESNT GO THERE ZOMG WTF BAHHHHHHHHHH and puts it in a diff spot...And Im lost for 5 minutes tearing through the house looking for my shit because its not where I left it.

I dunno...I wouldn't marry someone without living together...And Im not religious so the whole living in sin thing can lick my balls.
That drives me nuts. I always have so much on my mind that I want things in one spot. My keys go in a spot. My watch had a spot. My cell phone has a spot as well. They each have to be in a certain pocket when I carry them as well. I was pissed and couldn't find something one day. My pants had everything in the pockets before I put them on. My wife took something out and put it back in the wrong pocket. I freaked at first because I thought I lost it. Its a small thing but its a pain in the ass. She losses her keys all the time because she has about 10 spots for them.

Speaking of keys I can't find my keys to my garage. I had them when I did my oil change in the truck and now they are missing. I'm sure I put them back or had them in my pants pocket. I hate looking for keys.

James
Old 04-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #64
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Yeah But Shit is Different when you wake up everyday in the same House as someone else...Like Me, I put shit where I KNOW Ill find it...Then Little Miss comes along as says, THAT DOESNT GO THERE ZOMG WTF BAHHHHHHHHHH and puts it in a diff spot...And Im lost for 5 minutes tearing through the house looking for my shit because its not where I left it.

I dunno...I wouldn't marry someone without living together...And Im not religious so the whole living in sin thing can lick my balls.
didn't know you lived here too. LOL

actually mine has been known to throw it out without saying anything first.

oh, on the topic: think 4

Last edited by zed; 04-10-2009 at 05:52 PM..
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #65
Flexin
AMA Supersport

The whole space thing is easy to solve. Live together. If it doesn't work out then split. If it does work out then stay together and get married (if you want to be married. I still don't feel that people NEED to be married). After the wedding move into or buy a new place. Then you had your time with someone to know if you want to be with them or not. Then after marriage you have your new place to call your own.

James
Old 04-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #66
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Two... Prolly a third in the relatively near future... Only problem has been breaking up... then again, if you're with someone for a long time it's a bitch either way...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #67
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
There are so many things you don't see about a person when you don't live together. It can be much more then just socks on the floor. It could be 10-15 things that just drive you crazy. In the beginning its not to bad its just something small. Have a bad week at work, your SO just getting on your nerves for something to do, 10-15 of your pet peeves that your SO does and it can become a big problem. It goes from oh he just leaves his dirty socks on the floor every now and then to "If that mofo leaves one more Fing sock on the floor I'm going to choke his lazy ass with it!!!"

There are some things that are easy to put up with. Somethings are not so easy. And I'm not even talking about sex in any of this. On a date you see the best of someone. If they are an asshole on a date run as fast as you can because most people are not the same person when they get home.

Take me for example.

I get pissed if I step on things. When we lived with Lisas parents the room we were in was crowded. Many times I would wake up and when I would put my foot down I would step on something or kick something.

When we moved in the house I didn't want a coffee table and said we couldn't get one. I said I want to be able to do a kart wheels in every room.

I hate all her make up and blow dryers and everything laying around in the bathroom.

Another thing about me is I walk around naked a lot. Some people would hate that. On a date I would be dressed.

One thing my wife loves about me is I never leave piss or hair on the toilet. Thats something that drives her crazy and could have been a deal breaker.

It might seem like I'm joking around but I'm not. I would not want to marry someone without living with them first. Thats when you find out who they really are, if your compatible and if you could put up with that person for the rest of your life.

And spending weekends with them is not enough IMO. You need at least a few months. If your still in that date mode your not seeing 100% off that person.

I just couldn't do it.

And I was kinda seeing someone for a long time without living with her. That pretty much stayed in date mode that whole time because of that. It makes things fun that way but there is a lot you don't learn about that way.

James
Werd. My most serious relationship was done in by us living together... THANK GOD we didn't get married. The other one would have ended the same way and probably at the same time even without living together... Just the way it goes.

Honestly, I like living with my SO. Makes things so much easier in a lot of ways. Generally speaking one or the other always spends the night some place anyway...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #68
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

one...... Jeeps and I have lived together for a ltl over 2 years now. It works for us so I really don't worry what anyone else things. Besides everyone calls us husband and wife anyway
Old 04-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #69
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
one...... Jeeps and I have lived together for a ltl over 2 years now. It works for us so I really don't worry what anyone else things. Besides everyone calls us husband and wife anyway
Lol. I thought you were husband and wife. (Good god drewpy, I had to search for 5 minutes to find that smiley.)
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #70
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

zero
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote