Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #61
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Cop was investigating a stolen car, felt some movement behind him and it was Clemmons. He recognized him, ordered him to stop, Clemmons didn't stop so the cop shot him.

Its a damn good thing that cop didn't punch Clemmons in the mouth.
LOL...while I think the cop probably shot the guy regardless if he was holding a weapon, oh well. No trial...

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #62
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Are you making this up? It happened in 1989 according to Huckabee on Fox last night. The rapings were not even done yet....
Two different cases, same result.

DuMond was in prison for rape. Huck let him out, soon after becoming Governor. DuMond then went on to rape and kill a woman, after his early release.

Huck: 1

People: 0

Clemens was let out by Huck, despite the strong recommendations of the prosecutor in the case. He went on to kill four cops.

Huck: 5

People: 0

Cops then shot Clemens.

Final Score:

Huck: 5

People: 1

Game Over.

JC
Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #63
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Clemens was let out by Huck, despite the strong recommendations of the prosecutor in the case. He went on to kill four cops.
Well he wasn't let out by Huckabee, he reduced his sentence from 100 or so years to I think 45. Though I disagree with it, I don't believe Huckabee did too much wrong. Clemmons still had to go through a parole board which has more than 1 person on it and is the final decision. I also believe they have psychologists and input from others about wether they feel that man is capable of not being a threat to society. They got it wrong but I don't think Huckabee is anywhere near the main blame. There are violent felons who are let out and don't cause any problems once they let out. This one did and in a bad way.

I'm glad he's dead and I hope the only people who are hung out to dry in this are the family members who hid him and maybe future governors learn a lesson from what Huckabee did.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #64
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Well he wasn't let out by Huckabee, he reduced his sentence from 100 or so years to I think 45. Though I disagree with it, I don't believe Huckabee did too much wrong. Clemmons still had to go through a parole board which has more than 1 person on it and is the final decision. I also believe they have psychologists and input from others about wether they feel that man is capable of not being a threat to society. They got it wrong but I don't think Huckabee is anywhere near the main blame. There are violent felons who are let out and don't cause any problems once they let out. This one did and in a bad way.
I disagree. In fact, I disagree with the entire idea of clemency, barring extreme circumstances. There was no new evidence is this guy's case. No startling revelations. The parole board and the Judge didn't petition on his behalf, as far as I know. They simply walked through the door that Huck opened.

It would seem to me, that the Governor of a state as screwed up as Arkansas, would have better things to worry about than the salvation of violent criminals.

"Pulaski County Prosecutor Larry Jegley, whose office opposed Clemmons' parole in 2000 and 2004, said Huckabee created a flaw in the Arkansas justice system by freeing the number of prisoners he did.

"(Clemmons) should have stayed locked up like the jury wanted him and we wouldn't even be having this discussion," Jegley said.

"I just have been figuratively holding my breath and hoping something like this wouldn't happen," Jegley said. "I just think that a lot of the people that were subjects of clemency during that period of time were some very dangerous people who didn't need to be let out."

Bingo.

JC
Old 12-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #65
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
I disagree. In fact, I disagree with the entire idea of clemency, barring extreme circumstances. There was no new evidence is this guy's case. No startling revelations. The parole board and the Judge didn't petition on his behalf, as far as I know. They simply walked through the door that Huck opened.
That is not what they said last night. Huckabee told Fox News the prosecutor never even petitioned to keep the guy in jail. Take it for what it's worth.

Quote:
...It would seem to me, that the Governor of a state as screwed up as Arkansas, would have better things to worry about than the salvation of violent criminals.
He said on avg. they recieve 1200 cases a year. That is a shit load to go over. It was his job to review each and every one that was brought before him.

Quote:
"Pulaski County Prosecutor Larry Jegley, whose office opposed Clemmons' parole in 2000 and 2004, said Huckabee created a flaw in the Arkansas justice system by freeing the number of prisoners he did.

"(Clemmons) should have stayed locked up like the jury wanted him and we wouldn't even be having this discussion," Jegley said.

"I just have been figuratively holding my breath and hoping something like this wouldn't happen," Jegley said. "I just think that a lot of the people that were subjects of clemency during that period of time were some very dangerous people who didn't need to be let out."..
Someone is not telling the truth....

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 12-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #66
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
That is not what they said last night. Huckabee told Fox News the prosecutor never even petitioned to keep the guy in jail. Take it for what it's worth.
It's worth dick. Huckabee is a paid commentator on Fox. How fucking dim are, nevermind... You heard it on Fox. What more do you need? Fuck the plethora of news sources available, stick with the one that mirrors your preconceptions. The safety of consensus suits narrow minds.

Quote:
He said on avg. they recieve 1200 cases a year. That is a shit load to go over. It was his job to review each and every one that was brought before him.
He wasn't very good at it, was he?

Quote:
Someone is not telling the truth....
On that, we agree.

JC
Old 12-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #67
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

BUT IT WAS ON FOOOOOOOXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #68
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
It's worth dick. Huckabee is a paid commentator on Fox. How fucking dim are, nevermind... You heard it on Fox. What more do you need? Fuck the plethora of news sources available, stick with the one that mirrors your preconceptions. The safety of consensus suits narrow minds....
I think Huckabee is a pretty straight shooter..Fox or no Fox. He out of most politicians hasn't had any "oh shit they found out" moments that I can think of. I would believe Huckabee over some prosecutor anyday.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
Old 12-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #69
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Quote:
I think Huckabee is a pretty straight shooter..Fox or no Fox. He out of most politicians hasn't had any "oh shit they found out" moments that I can think of.
Really? What the fuck do you call this?

Quote:
I would believe Huckabee over some prosecutor anyday.
You'd also believe a talking bush if it was on fire, so...

JC
Old 12-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #70
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Quote:
Really? What the fuck do you call this?

You'd also believe a talking bush if it was on fire, so...

JC
This isn't an oh fuck moment. He reduced his sentence based on the information presented at the time, no more. You cannot hold people responsible for others actions that may occur in the future. You may think so, but the only one to blame in this tragedy is the dead guy.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM