Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #61
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
So much judgment in that post concerning things that you don't really know anything about. He's not taught to defy his teacher, as I've already stated he behaves very well in school and gets good marks. Simply put there is not always enough time to do the busy work being sent home, we are very active and feel that life is much more than school work. Does that mean we don't read with him, make sure he knows his spelling words etc.? No, it doesn't.

We went through some serious, emotionally draining, time-consuming, crazy shit at the beginning at the school year that put a big strain on our lives and our ability to keep up with the normal day to day things. I think we handled it pretty well. Yea, we ran late to school a couple of times...but we got him there.

I'm busy living life, I'm not going to devote it to changing a bunch of bullshit that is always been and will always be. We deal with the situations as they arise.

Next thing you know, he'll be parking next to cars at the back of the lot. I wouldn't want that for my child. Do you???
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #62
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Next thing you know, he'll be parking next to cars at the back of the lot. I wouldn't want that for my child. Do you???
Perish the thought! Intentionally invoking anguish on another.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #63
zlicius
Kneedragger

Moto: Gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
My daughter eats at 10:30am

Yes I said 10:30
April's kindy class eats at 10:15 also, which is immediately after their ONE recess, which also has PE included in it, and they wonder why these kids have "attention problems"
zlicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #64
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Guess how long local elementary schools get for recess...

go ahead... guess....

Got a guess?

Click:

Spoiler:
5 minutes. Yes. 5 minutes.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #65
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Perish the thought! Intentionally invoking anguish on another.
The word of the week is mallice, get it right LOL
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #66
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlicius View Post
April's kindy class eats at 10:15 also, which is immediately after their ONE recess, which also has PE included in it, and they wonder why these kids have "attention problems"
Why do they get lunch in Kindergarten? Isn't it a half day class? Wouldn't that be "snack."

Josh, FWIW - I think you're a fantastic parent. I'm sorry if I came off any other way. I'm frustrated working against most unreasonable parents most weeks - and I'm not in this for a paycheck, I'm in this for my children's education. I'd like to encourage you to BE that loud voice they cannot ignore. Just do it more often - all the freaking time would be better

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #67
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Why do they get lunch in Kindergarten? Isn't it a half day class? Wouldn't that be "snack."
Don't know about there buy kindergarten has been a full day for a couple decades here...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #68
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Don't know about there buy kindergarten has been a full day for a couple decades here...

Hell, Pre-Kidergarten is a full day here. My uncles daughter would get home at about 2:30 every day when she was pre-k.

And I totally dont have a problem with a child getting detention for tardyness, even when it is the parents fault. But I would have a serious problem with the school trying to tell me that my child couldn't have a healthy, balanced meal because of it. I completely agree with what Kaneman did, making sure that hiss son had a real lunch, and not a malnutritious cheese sandwich (White bread and processed cheese? Really? Not even any ham?).

Im all for schools disciplining children when they do wrong. Detention, timeouts, whatever. It teaches them a a couple of lessons (that theres consequences to doing wrong, even if that wrong isnt your fault), but no school has the right to stop a child from eating a decent, well balanced meal that he brought with him from home.

And as for the people in this thread who said 'teachers hands are tied', bullshit. If they arent willing to stand up to the school district, then they suffer from a lack of balls and motivation, not impotence to the situation. Too many people are afraid of the consequences of the possibility of going up against 'the man'. On top of that, teachers are unionized, so they have protection against the schoolboard when they do stand up to them. I have shut our whole plant down because I refused to do my job for safety/health reasons. I've shut down jobs I wasnt even working on, for other peoples safety. Were talking about a million dollars a day in losses when they are down, and I dealt with the companies threats and fear mongering, and came out on top multiple times. More people need to stand up and fight when something is wrong, instead of closing their eyes and pretending they have no recourse. I have no respect for anyone who will sit back and say, 'theres nothing I can do', when the truth is in fact that theres plenty they could do if they grew a set and stuck together. And even more so when they have a union backing them.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #69
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Hell, Pre-Kidergarten is a full day here. My uncles daughter would get home at about 2:30 every day when she was pre-k.

And I totally dont have a problem with a child getting detention for tardyness, even when it is the parents fault. But I would have a serious problem with the school trying to tell me that my child couldn't have a healthy, balanced meal because of it. I completely agree with what Kaneman did, making sure that hiss son had a real lunch, and not a malnutritious cheese sandwich (White bread and processed cheese? Really? Not even any ham?).

Im all for schools disciplining children when they do wrong. Detention, timeouts, whatever. It teaches them a a couple of lessons (that theres consequences to doing wrong, even if that wrong isnt your fault), but no school has the right to stop a child from eating a decent, well balanced meal that he brought with him from home.

And as for the people in this thread who said 'teachers hands are tied', bullshit. If they arent willing to stand up to the school district, then they suffer from a lack of balls and motivation, not impotence to the situation. Too many people are afraid of the consequences of the possibility of going up against 'the man'. On top of that, teachers are unionized, so they have protection against the schoolboard when they do stand up to them. I have shut our whole plant down because I refused to do my job for safety/health reasons. I've shut down jobs I wasnt even working on, for other peoples safety. Were talking about a million dollars a day in losses when they are down, and I dealt with the companies threats and fear mongering, and came out on top multiple times. More people need to stand up and fight when something is wrong, instead of closing their eyes and pretending they have no recourse. I have no respect for anyone who will sit back and say, 'theres nothing I can do', when the truth is in fact that theres plenty they could do if they grew a set and stuck together. And even more so when they have a union backing them.
Post of the month bitches!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #70
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Buy one of those little key chain camera's (or pen cameras) and have your son get detention and film it. I only had detention a few times in my school days. It was, "Go get your food, sit here and shut the hell up." Never was I starved.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote