Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #61
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
in NY they are, and theres no self serve in joisey. But this was on our way down to VIR so we were in some east bumblefuck areas heading down there

I hear ya.

We were at a race at Jennings a few years back when gas was ~$4 a gallon and diesel was ~$5.

Most gas stations that had pay at the pump were to $50 or $75. Not real helpful when it takes almost $150 to fill up.

Teammate Bill walks inside to hand the lady his CC and she looks at him funny. He tells her that he knows the pumps are limited and she can keep the card until we are full.

She laughs and says: "Honey, we're in Georgia, look at our parking lot. EVERYONE here is over $100 to fill up. We don't have any silly limits. Just pay me when you are done."
Old 02-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #62
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I hear ya.

We were at a race at Jennings a few years back when gas was ~$4 a gallon and diesel was ~$5.

Most gas stations that had pay at the pump were to $50 or $75. Not real helpful when it takes almost $150 to fill up.

Teammate Bill walks inside to hand the lady his CC and she looks at him funny. He tells her that he knows the pumps are limited and she can keep the card until we are full.

She laughs and says: "Honey, we're in Georgia, look at our parking lot. EVERYONE here is over $100 to fill up. We don't have any silly limits. Just pay me when you are done."
Nice

The way these prices are shooting up I dont feel as bad having a limited track season if I even get out at all.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #63
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Weren't people warned....like every year for the past ten years that we'd all be paying over $5 a gallon?

10 years is a long time to be prepare for an extra couple bucks at the pump....for pansies that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #64
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
holy shit

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #65
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

You could tell me we're gonna pay 10 dollars a gallon in 6 months.

I still wont fucking listen.

We as citizens have basically settled for these prices (frankly bc there isnt shit we can do) short of a massive decrease in demand for gas (which would basically require everyone to stop driving all together for well over a few years span) theres not shit we can do.

Boycotting wont do anything, Eventually your going to need gas no matter what. Sure we can start to carpool use Mass transit and drive less but these little things arent going to affect the gas companies unless EVERYONE does it.

Hell on my days off from work...I usually dont drive anywhere...and If i do I wait for my girl to come home and we take her Elantra instead of me driving my Ram.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #66
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
You could tell me we're gonna pay 10 dollars a gallon in 6 months.

I still wont fucking listen.

We as citizens have basically settled for these prices (frankly bc there isnt shit we can do) short of a massive decrease in demand for gas (which would basically require everyone to stop driving all together for well over a few years span) theres not shit we can do.

Boycotting wont do anything, Eventually your going to need gas no matter what. Sure we can start to carpool use Mass transit and drive less but these little things arent going to affect the gas companies unless EVERYONE does it.

Hell on my days off from work...I usually dont drive anywhere...and If i do I wait for my girl to come home and we take her Elantra instead of me driving my Ram.
If this stuff continues along with the expected increases anyway I think we will see more drastic measures. Everyone bitches about it but thats usualy as far as it goes. Given the current economy I think it will force more people to make some hard decisions on stuff.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #67
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Its ashame really...Because I enjoy Driving. I used to just drive around burn a tank of gas and go home...with no real destination.

Not so much anymore.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #68
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Its ashame really...Because I enjoy Driving. I used to just drive around burn a tank of gas and go home...with no real destination.

Not so much anymore.
Sucks too becasue sometimes we put the baby in the car and drive around to get him to settle down.

Witht he warmer weather I can let him cry, go outside and drink a beer and let the cats deal with him
Old 02-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #69
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

I've said every year that I don't care until it hits $5 a gallon. Once it hits $5.01 I'm whipping out my "I remember paying bout a buck a gallon to fill my first car up" card.

May even shake a stick at random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #70
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Weren't people warned....like every year for the past ten years that we'd all be paying over $5 a gallon?

10 years is a long time to be prepare for an extra couple bucks at the pump....for pansies that is.
This is why I don't understand the whole "Its the oil companies/speculators/whoevers manipulating the market" thing. Expensive gas shouldn't be coming as a surprise. Demand is far outpacing supply. The only reason oil dropped back down from its 2008 highs was because the global economy got wasted and the demand for oil declined. There hasn't been any significant increase in supply since then and now that demand has rebounded we are right back where we were. Blaming the "speculators" is fine and all but it fails to recognize that they are most likely speculating accurately.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote