Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #61
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
Well when you can get the Kel Tec for $227 then i would go for the Kel Tec.
http://www.yourdefensegear.com/Produ...ductCode=25990
Not bad at all BUT "Out of Stock"...
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #62
Evadd
formerly known as tdah

Moto: 06 R1, 01 600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle View Post
This is what i'm looking for when it comes to concealable weapons. The barrel is only 3.1" long and its a 9mm. Ive shot this gun once before and its the second best 9mm I've ever fired. The first being the Baby Eagle 9mm. That thing was like sex in my hands lol but its crazy expensive.

look into the XD subcompact, if you haven't already.
Evadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #63
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
My GF really liked the Kahr CW9. We haven't shot it yet but it felt the best to her. When she gets back to Georgia we plan to rent a Kahr PM9. It's smaller than a CW9 but should be close. From what I have read and saw myself the gun looks pretty damn solid, especially for $420.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #64
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:

I have one. It's nice.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #65
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Homeslice - sorry about your loss. You have a nice collection there and hope you can figure it all out.

Quote:
Ditto. This is my next purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
My GF really liked the Kahr CW9. We haven't shot it yet but it felt the best to her. When she gets back to Georgia we plan to rent a Kahr PM9. It's smaller than a CW9 but should be close. From what I have read and saw myself the gun looks pretty damn solid, especially for $420.
I looked at these because they felt nice, but then I shot one. Holy hell I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Very raw feeling. There were some other ones that didn't feel quite as good in hand but I could actually hit something with. Best make sure she shoots them before just buying if you can.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #66
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I looked at these because they felt nice, but then I shot one. Holy hell I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Very raw feeling. There were some other ones that didn't feel quite as good in hand but I could actually hit something with. Best make sure she shoots them before just buying if you can.
this
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #67
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:

We'll get to shoot one soon. A gun range near me has them for rent. I've read some reviews and many people liked them (others didn't of course). I know they aren't going to be the most accurate things but this is going to be a personal protection gun to be carried in a purse or car. One thing I did read about them is they never jam up, even with crap ammunition which is good. Thanks for the review though.

I'd like her to get a H&K compact but I'm not sure she'd dig spending the money it takes for an H&K (or Kimber).

This right here is my favorite concealed carry gun ever. An AMT 45. It's accurate, slinder, and packs a hell of a punch.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #68
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Quote:
We'll get to shoot one soon. A gun range near me has them for rent. I've read some reviews and many people liked them (others didn't of course). I know they aren't going to be the most accurate things but this is going to be a personal protection gun to be carried in a purse or car. One thing I did read about them is they never jam up, even with crap ammunition which is good. Thanks for the review though.

I'd like her to get a H&K compact but I'm not sure she'd dig spending the money it takes for an H&K (or Kimber).

This right here is my favorite concealed carry gun ever. An AMT 45. It's accurate, slinder, and packs a hell of a punch.
Shooting is good. I find what I like isn't what hubby likes & vice versa. They feel differently & react different for us girls.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #69
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Shooting is good. I find what I like isn't what hubby likes & vice versa. They feel differently & react different for us girls.
Very true. Plus most men don't like my concealed carry gun because it does this...

As long as she doesn't want a Glock or S&W then I'm cool with it. Unless she scores a Glock 18 somehow.

Oh yeah, what caliber are you shooting? She likes the 9mm. I let her shoot a .40 but she didn't really enjoy that.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #70
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Very true. Plus most men don't like my concealed carry gun because it does this...

As long as she doesn't want a Glock or S&W then I'm cool with it. Unless she scores a Glock 18 somehow.

Oh yeah, what caliber are you shooting? She likes the 9mm. I let her shoot a .40 but she didn't really enjoy that.
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15453