Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #61
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Sure thing but with how close you are (relatively) to Shannonville, you should think about coming up for the National round, next season.
About 4 hours because of that damn lake in the way

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #62
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
About 4 hours because of that damn lake in the way
Sounds perfect for a weekend trip

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #63
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

hmmmm, the idea has merit...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #64
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsmZCsvE-sI

I was behind the #5 (let everyone in) this morning... idiot stopped 50ft behind the car in front, I assume because there was a side street she would have been blocking. The problem was, there were no cars on said street and there was no 'do not block drive' sign... probably because we're only a couple hundred feet from an intersection behind us... so she sat.

The light we were at (6-8 cars back) changed... and she sat... why? Because someone turned on that side street... by the time they got the stop sign, the light had changed again and there was nobody there in our lane. She proceeded to wave this guy through... and waited for ANOTHER guy coming down the road. By this time the light had changed AGAIN and I was on the horn...

Finally after letting the 2nd guy out, she goes... and ALMOST stops at the now yellow light, but I was so far up her ass and on the horn again that she went... I pulled up alongside her "just to see what the fuck she looks like" and she looked over at me like I was some sort of idiot. It's amazing that this chick made it to her destination... Ever.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #65
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

How about the idiots who are driving through a retail parking lot, and they stop and roll their windows down to talk to someone, or they stop to drop off or pick up someone, and they just sit there, in the way of everyone else

I know it's rocket science, so I can forgive you if you haven't thought of this before, but how about asking the person you're talking to to get into you car so that you can keep moving? Or, instead of dropping off/picking up someone from the front of the store, how about telling them to WALK? Is it really worth inconveniencing 10 cars behind you, just so you can save your friend from walking 50 feet??
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #66
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How about the idiots who are driving through a retail parking lot, and they stop and roll their windows down to talk to someone, or they stop to drop off or pick up someone, and they just sit there, in the way of everyone else

I know it's rocket science, so I can forgive you if you haven't thought of this before, but how about asking the person you're talking to to get into you car so that you can keep moving? Or, instead of dropping off/picking up someone from the front of the store, how about telling them to WALK? Is it really worth inconveniencing 10 cars behind you, just so you can save your friend from walking 50 feet??
I want a big 4x4 rail buggy... my uncle built one out of a mid-70's 1-ton pickup... I'd 'bump' everyone...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #67
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Had a couple of dickheads lane split me today, on the way home. One of them did it as I was making a signalled lane change, so I damned near hit him.

Not all of the assholes are in cars.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #68
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Had a couple of dickheads lane split me today, on the way home. One of them did it as I was making a signalled lane change, so I damned near hit him.

Not all of the assholes are in cars.
Yeah a lot of dipshit bikers don't understand the concept of "limit your speed differential when lane-splitting"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #69
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Yeah a lot of dipshit bikers don't understand the concept of "limit your speed differential when lane-splitting"
It's not even that. He jumped me, across a solid line, at a point where no one would expect to be passed. I wish that I'd had my rear camera going, to show the degree of his asshatery. He didn't just split past me. He went around me, prior to the actual merge, while I was merging into the first available space.

*EDIT* By the way, lane splitting isn't legal here.

Here's the video. Two splitters at the beginning and one at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFdXyWCaQKY

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 11-15-2011 at 10:25 PM..
Old 11-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #70
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I do the NY thing and move over anyway. Funny how fast their brakes work when I do that.
yeah? you should see it when you're driving an F350 dually. LOL the bike I just go around them, the truck well you know.

the Jeep I'm kind of screwed, too slow to go around and it sure doesn't scare anyone LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote