Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #61
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
That's worked for me from the get go.
Does yours have a shortcut for quickoffice?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #62
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

So whats the deal with battery life? You have to carry the charger with you if you want to go the movies or drop something off at the post office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #63
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
So whats the deal with battery life? You have to carry the charger with you if you want to go the movies or drop something off at the post office?
No most android phones have seen complaints about battery life. It has alot to do with the fact that it is constantly searching for an update from the internet. There are ways to offset this though. I started using 2 programs juice defender (which only searches for internet updates every 3 minutes). I also use task killer which shuts off any programs I'm not currently using. I went from having less than 50% batter life at the end of the bussiness day to having 80% each day with normal use.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #64
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
No most android phones have seen complaints about battery life. It has alot to do with the fact that it is constantly searching for an update from the internet. There are ways to offset this though. I started using 2 programs juice defender (which only searches for internet updates every 3 minutes). I also use task killer which shuts off any programs I'm not currently using. I went from having less than 50% batter life at the end of the bussiness day to having 80% each day with normal use.
Are you talking standby, or actually using it all day?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #65
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post

I wish there was a way to stop the market from finding updates all the damn time. I'll search for a newer version of a program when I feel like it dammit.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #66
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Does yours have a shortcut for quickoffice?
No, but I've downloaded .pdf files and it opens them up. Doesn't seem to be a program, just opens up kinda like a new tab.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #67
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Interesting battery life issues.

I really want to get away from this iPhone and I like Android a lot. But, here I sit with a plain old 3G that easily runs all day long playing music and whatnot and has plenty of battery left at the end of the day. If I do some seriously heavy emailing or run the navigation app without having it plugged in, the battery drains pretty quickly. But, for 90% of my daily use, I have more than enough battery to get through the day. I guess the lack of multitasking has its benefits.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #68
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Interesting battery life issues.

I really want to get away from this iPhone and I like Android a lot. But, here I sit with a plain old 3G that easily runs all day long playing music and whatnot and has plenty of battery left at the end of the day. If I do some seriously heavy emailing or run the navigation app without having it plugged in, the battery drains pretty quickly. But, for 90% of my daily use, I have more than enough battery to get through the day. I guess the lack of multitasking has its benefits.
The only time I have to worry about my Droid dying before the day is done is when I stream video or audio over 3G, when I am in a situation where the cell signal is weak or non-existent, or if Im using some type of navigation app for an extended time..
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #69
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

My droid does just fine on battery life. It'll play mp3's all day (w/ screen off) and "maybe" use half the battery. The only time battery life seems short is when I have the screen turned up and I'm on the web most of the day. I've only had a couple times of almost dead battery scenerios. Hell Pandora hardly drains the battery.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #70
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

The Police Scanner app on my droid eats the battery pretty quickly. Everything else is fairly light on battery usage.