Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #61
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
BTW, that is just another lame excuse. You can be completely sane without the use of any stimulants or depressants. Its called growing some mental fortitude (aka balls) and dealing with shit. I hate how people hide behind alcohol or drugs to "deal with life".
I have mental fortitude, just lack the patience to deal with people who think they are the only ones walking the planet. The sense of entitlement that most people have totally pisses me off. Seems I should live my life to such high standards in order not "bother" them, pollute "their" planet, and allow "them" to do what ever the hell "they" want to.

I'm sure there are a multitude of things you do on a daily basis that infringes on other people rights, feelings, and personal space.

When you are perfect. let AMJ know, I'm sure he could use the help.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #62
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Or if you use even one chemical to alter your mental state or better your life. Can't have it both ways, after all, Tylenol is extremely hard on the liver.
So, I might take a supplement daily to keep me healthy. I am taking that to prevent heart disease.... I don't pop that under my desk to deal with my coworkers bullshit. How about that cigarette? Does smoking keep me from having heart disease??
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #63
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
I have mental fortitude, just lack the patience to deal with people who think they are the only ones walking the planet. The sense of entitlement that most people have totally pisses me off. Seems I should live my life to such high standards in order not "bother" them, pollute "their" planet, and allow "them" to do what ever the hell "they" want to.

I'm sure there are a multitude of things you do on a daily basis that infringes on other people rights, feelings, and personal space.

When you are perfect. let AMJ know, I'm sure he could use the help.
Honestly smoking doesnt bother me. All of my best friends smoke. They smoke in my car. The smell doesnt bother me. And I dont give a rats ass if they smoke. It is their choice. And Im sorry if my post came off as condescending, but I just hate reasons like that to continue to smoke. Hell..... "I'm addicted" is a better reason to smoke because then atleast you have a chemical dependancy that you have to struggle through.

As far as the "holier than thou" attitude. No. I float through life. I have been labeled the "nice guy" by the opposite sex. I try to make peoples lives as good as possible, even the people that I shouldn't be nice to. I work HARD for what I have, and am very generous. I go the extra mile for my family, friends, coworkers, and even classmates I dont know. But Ill be damned if I hide behind a chemical because my coworkers are PMSing today. I just keep smiling and laughing though all the shit that has gone wrong in my life.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 06-19-2010 at 12:18 AM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #64
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
. I just keep smiling and laughing though all the shit that has gone wrong in my life.
Hang onto that attitude, it will serve you well later in life.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #65
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
You mean shit we shouldn't be taxed for. And I also agree cigarette taxes are ridiculous and target a specific group which is wrong. None of those programs should be there. But at the same time if you smoke cigarettes and WHEN you become sick and go to the doctor with some kind of lung disease. That person should pay for their own shit or they can die in the gutter. It doesn't matter to me either way.

Insurance wouldn't be so expensive if they weren't forced to have drug/alcohol/tobacco/etc coverage in them that I'd be glad to opt out of.
So what about shouldn't. The fact is you are taxed for them. You would be taxed more for them if tobacco taxes didn't subsidize them. Thank a smoker for subsidizing your taxes.

Insurance would be MORE expensive if it weren't for smokers. The New England Journal of Medicine estimated total healthcare costs would increase by 7% for men and 4% for women if no one smoked. YOU are the leech on healthcare costs Healthy McHealtherson. I want my money bitch!
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #66
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
BTW, that is just another lame excuse. You can be completely sane without the use of any stimulants or depressants. Its called growing some mental fortitude (aka balls) and dealing with shit. I hate how people hide behind alcohol or drugs to "deal with life".
Where were you when all the drug addicts here were ganging up on me?

I've already had this argument but I find it interesting that no one can come up with an answer better than, "because I want to" to explain why they smoke. If you passed someone on the street that was hitting themselves in the head with a hammer and you asked them why and their response was, "because I want to"... Well, you'd consider them an idiot, would you not?

Riding a motorcycle is no more inherently dangerous than driving a car, you run the same statistical risk of an accident.

You can exercise more to burn off the fat/calories in a plate of hot wings, you can not "burn off" the carcinogens in cigarettes with physical activity. Besides, you have to eat, certainly there are healthy and less-healthy choices but smoking is not just a less-healthy method of breathing...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #67
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
....Plenty of people who've never smoked develop lung cancer...so you'd better be able to prove it was caused by the tobacco if you're going to go to that measure.

Nigga jigga please. It has been proven that people who smoke have a higher chance of contacting lung disease then those who do not. People who get lung cancer who never smoked is not revelant. They were either dispositioned or were taking in other carcinogens for a long time, but it proves nothing.

Not to mention that breathing in CO from cigs causes brain cells to be killed.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #68
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Nigga jigga please. It has been proven that people who smoke have a higher chance of contacting lung disease then those who do not. People who get lung cancer who never smoked is not revelant. They were either dispositioned or were taking in other carcinogens for a long time, but it proves nothing.

Not to mention that breathing in CO from cigs causes brain cells to be killed.
Yes, as a smoker, I am more likely to develop lung cancer than you are, but the difference is smaller than you probably think. Get ready here, because I'm about to drop some knowledge:

A smoker is ten percent more likely to develop cancer (of any type, not just lung) than a non-smoker. Cancer comes from a whole lot of stuff, like used motor oil, artificial sweeteners, and motorcycle exhaust.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #69
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post

I've already had this argument but I find it interesting that no one can come up with an answer better than, "because I want to" to explain why they smoke. If you passed someone on the street that was hitting themselves in the head with a hammer and you asked them why and their response was, "because I want to"... Well, you'd consider them an idiot, would you not?

Riding a motorcycle is no more inherently dangerous than driving a car, you run the same statistical risk of an accident.

You can exercise more to burn off the fat/calories in a plate of hot wings, you can not "burn off" the carcinogens in cigarettes with physical activity. Besides, you have to eat, certainly there are healthy and less-healthy choices but smoking is not just a less-healthy method of breathing...
That's right tigger, riding a motorcycle is no more dangerous than driving a car.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #70
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post

Because I want to is the only reason anybody needs. At least they were nice enough to give you that answer. None of your business is a perfectly suitable answer to either question posed..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote