Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 AM   #61
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Sure I am, I just wish more people would be as well. This nation and it's governance is a fucking mess.

I wouldn't be as mad if I didn't know first hand how much money is wasted during "wartime" and just disappears. Contractors getting paid to do nothing or shitty work, then pay the same to do it over again. Buying brand new dualie turbo diesel F-350's for officers/contractors/civilians to cruise around the green zone and LSA Anaconda in.

Then don't get me started on the bribe money we paid the locals so they wouldn't bomb us anymore. Sons of Iraq garbage only worked because they got paid well to just to sit on the side of the road with an AK. It was like the US Army paying protection money to the mafia or else they would plant IED's if we didn't.
Nice

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #62
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

So where is the 'no fly zone' for Bahrain?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #63
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
1. There is only 8 people in Bahrain. The other 1,000,000 people who live there are hired actors. One misplaced bomb could wipe out the who population.
2. Saudi's are doing the no fly zone except they are not using planes. They sent security forces to walk around making airplane sounds while they beat protesters with shotgun barrels and bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #64
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
I wouldn't be as mad if I didn't know first hand how much money is wasted during "wartime" and just disappears. Contractors getting paid to do nothing or shitty work, then pay the same to do it over again. Buying brand new dualie turbo diesel F-350's for officers/contractors/civilians to cruise around the green zone and LSA Anaconda in.

Having worked in Engineering and Contracting ops downrange this last deployment... this assessment is spot on. We had a requirement of giving local contractors the option of doing construction for us.. yeah, it was cheaper than KBR or even RED HORSE, but their work was fucking crap. RED HORSE could put down a concrete pad in a few hours and make it look like a fucking work of art. LN contractor puts a similar concrete pad down and makes it look like he took a shit instead - pad was cracked before it was even fully cured. And then the assholes who we had to deal with for bringing in gravel... that was highway robbery right there. But that's an entirely different rant.

And bird Colonels should have to ride the fucking bus back to their CHUs just like the rest of us. DILLIGAF that you are a brigade commander? You already get your own shower and shitter while the rest of us have to walk a block for the same thing every morning. Leave the vehicles where the people who actually do some work can use them.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #65
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
1. There is only 8 people in Bahrain. The other 1,000,000 people who live there are hired actors. One misplaced bomb could wipe out the who population.
2. Saudi's are doing the no fly zone except they are not using planes. They sent security forces to walk around making airplane sounds while they beat protesters with shotgun barrels and bullets.
You mean....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wag The Dog.jpg (71.6 KB, 59 views)

Old 03-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #66
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Having been to Bahrain a couple times, I'm still stuck on the question "WTF is there to protest about?"

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #67
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
Having been to Bahrain a couple times, I'm still stuck on the question "WTF is there to protest about?"
Whatever it is, it's apparently worth killing a few hundred people over too.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #68
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Bahrain is a monarchy.....the "royal" family is Sunni Muslim....the vast majority of people in Bahrain are Shia Muslims and are FIERCELY discriminated against. The majority who are being persecuted because of their religion....denied education...denied access to decent jobs...have had enough.

Want to know why Saudi Arabia built a bridge to Bahrain? It certainly wasn't to support a tourist industry....it was because if those dirty Shia bastards ever decided to act up....right on the doorstep of the heart of Sunni Muslim-ism they wanted a fast track to get there and kick ass....which is EXACTLY what you are seeing in Bahrain today.

http://www.bahrainrights.org/node/29
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #69
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Want to know why Saudi Arabia built a bridge to Bahrain? It certainly wasn't to support a tourist industry....it was because if those dirty Shia bastards ever decided to act up....right on the doorstep of the heart of Sunni Muslim-ism they wanted a fast track to get there and kick ass....which is EXACTLY what you are seeing in Bahrain today.
Meh. So the question of who to support in Bahrain really becomes "Who do you want to see discriminated against most?" Because if and when the Shias are in control you can count on an instant replay against Sunnis.

Right off the top of my head, I'd say "no one," which is who we should be supporting in Libya too. I guarantee whoever comes out ahead will turn right around and bite whatever western hands are in range.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #70
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Meh. So the question of who to support in Bahrain really becomes "Who do you want to see discriminated against most?" Because if and when the Shias are in control you can count on an instant replay against Sunnis.

Right off the top of my head, I'd say "no one," which is who we should be supporting in Libya too. I guarantee whoever comes out ahead will turn right around and bite whatever western hands are in range.
I didn't and don't express an opinion about who is right or wrong....anyone using "religion" to justify aggression/killing/murder/war is beyond hope anyway.

Add in the tribal-ism that still plagues that part of the world and you have a REAL shit hole.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote