Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #61
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Usually by the time Riding starts to get "too routine" for me it's time to put it up and get the snowmobile out. I actually like having seasons.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #62
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I couldn't imagine doing THAT....but...I'm pretty much done with the type of riding I've been doing....I'm ready to ride more...but I want a different experience...riding around with the "go faster" mentality is played out for me right now.

I REALLY want to do road trips....a week on the road...two weeks on the road...Exploring parts of the Country I've not visited yet. I'm close to being able to free up that kind of time and it's what fires my imagination. I'll eventually wind up an old dude on a Goldwing as riding is in my blood....but...it's time, past time really, to explore a different TYPE of riding.

This is where I have been for about a year or so now (except I doubt I'll ever own a goldwing). I have been slowly trying to turn my supersport into a supersport- tourer, but the sad fact is its never going to be very good at that. I just haven't gotten to the point where I can part with it yet. If I ever get there, I'll sell it & buy something more suitable.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #63
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
This is where I have been for about a year or so now (except I doubt I'll ever own a goldwing). I have been slowly trying to turn my supersport into a supersport- tourer, but the sad fact is its never going to be very good at that. I just haven't gotten to the point where I can part with it yet. If I ever get there, I'll sell it & buy something more suitable.
nice to know that I'm not alone in my struggles! W/o riding a few bikes to change my opinion/thought process I will keep my sportbike and just add a sport tourer eventually, although part of me thinks there is a sport tourer out there that could convince me that I can be content with one bike as well.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #64
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
nice to know that I'm not alone in my struggles! W/o riding a few bikes to change my opinion/thought process I will keep my sportbike and just add a sport tourer eventually, although part of me thinks there is a sport tourer out there that could convince me that I can be content with one bike as well.
Yeah - I've been slowly converting the SV into a sport touring machine as well.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #65
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Ideally I would prefer to keep the GSXR and add a sport-tourer. But at this time anyway I don't have room for another bike, and with a kid in college, I can't really afford to buy an additional one without trading one in, or the upkeep on two bikes. As soon as my son gets out in the real world and makes my fortune, I'll have a whole stable full of bikes.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #66
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Ideally I would prefer to keep the GSXR and add a sport-tourer. But at this time anyway I don't have room for another bike, and with a kid in college, I can't really afford to buy an additional one without trading one in, or the upkeep on two bikes. As soon as my son gets out in the real world and makes my fortune, I'll have a whole stable full of bikes.
I have two in college right now I feel your PAIN, then my son will be there in 4 more years so no rest for me! I'm trying to be patient but yeah if I wanted the sport tourer right now I'd trade/sell the CBR to get it. In fact I have had it listed for sell just to see what interest I get, so I'm leaving that part up to fate I suppose.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #67
Particle Man
Custom User Title

My kid is only 3. Sorry

(by the time she gets to college, it will be even more expensive than it is now )

Old 07-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #68
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Particle Man, only one of my grandchildren is younger than your child. Argghh!!! lol

Tached, you are brave. I wouldn't dare list mine. With my luck it would sell and I'd find something else to spend the money on and I'd be without a ride. <- me
Old 07-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #69
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
I'm noticing that with the exception of Tommy, every other buell owner is selling, has sold and don't ride them much at all.
In my defense, I wasn't riding my Warrior a lot before I got the Buell, nor the TLR before I got the Warrior.
I get a new bike, I enjoy the fun of it for a while, but eventually I begin to see it as something I have to make time for rather than something I feel a strong compulsion to do. Getting geared up, warming the bike up, having to worry with the weather and stupid drivers and cops and construction... it kind of sucks the fun out of daily riding.

Maybe it's my schedule or the fact that I don't really get to ride with friends much anymore, but that's just how I'm feeling right now.

Now, that said, if money were no issue I'd still get the Thruxton... that bike speaks to me.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #70
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
I'm noticing that with the exception of Tommy, every other buell owner is selling, has sold and don't ride them much at all.
I ride mine, and daily. It's become my primary means of transportation. Can't remember the last time I fired up the car. I think I should check it to make sure the battery hasn't gone stone dead.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote