Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #61
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
How did Transformers suck, I thought it was great. It was certainly way better than the ones that came after it.
Transformers Dark Side of the Moon. The last one that they made. Seriously, watch it, then watch Avengers. It will blow your mind.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #62
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Transformers Dark Side of the Moon. The last one that they made. Seriously, watch it, then watch Avengers. It will blow your mind.
After seeeing the joke that was Transformers 2, I decided not to bother with 3.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:38 PM   #63
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
Nolan's Batman is not about fun, its a darker edgier Dark Knight almost a Miller style portrayal. Batman is not a fun character(dont you dare bring up that abortion known as Bat-Mite!) no matter how he was portrayed before. A ton of people loved how Dark Burton made his movies, but to me they were just as campy as the TV show.
Given the arse rag that was "The Spirit", you aren't doing "Dark Knight Rises" any favours with that comparison. Comics? Sure, the guy is a bloody genius. Don't ever give him a director's chair again, for God's sake.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #64
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
After seeeing the joke that was Transformers 2, I decided not to bother with 3.
Same
Old 07-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #65
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Given the arse rag that was "The Spirit", you aren't doing "Dark Knight Rises" any favours with that comparison. Comics? Sure, the guy is a bloody genius. Don't ever give him a director's chair again, for God's sake.
Never saw that movie and dont care to. I never even inferred that I was comparing, the two, Miller's only Batman work was in print.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #66
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Quote:
You are retarded, movies are suppose to be fun and entertaining. If you go to see a movie to get in a dark and depressed mood, we need to report you as a possible movie theater attacker.
So Rabbit Hole was fun? The cider house Rules? Scarface? The Godfather? Fun...not always. And fuck you and get ass cancer for inferring that I am in the same league as that psycho hunk of shit, fuck you and fuck whatever you're involved in. Asshole

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #67
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
So Rabbit Hole was fun? The cider house Rules? Scarface? The Godfather? Fun...not always. And fuck you and get ass cancer for inferring that I am in the same league as that psycho hunk of shit, fuck you and fuck whatever you're involved in. Asshole
Scarface and Godfather were a lot of fun. Never saw rabbit hole and I thought cider house rules sucked, so no I didn't have fun at it. Hero movies are definitely are fun and entertaining movies. They aren't fucking Schindler's List. I even had a good time at it. It was a very entertaining movie. Sad yes, but an overall enjoyable movie experience.

If movies are not enjoyable and fun, what the fuck reason is there to watch them? They aren't educational. Just want to be a sadistic mother fucker, do we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #68
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Never saw that movie and dont care to. I never even inferred that I was comparing, the two, Miller's only Batman work was in print.
And I was comparing director to director, movie to movie. As such, Miller sucks. Given his work on the books I had hopes for the movie. Unfortunately it was a movie that not even Eva Mendes's semi-naked body could save. Maybe if she'd been completely naked......

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #69
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Scarface and Godfather were a lot of fun. Never saw rabbit hole and I thought cider house rules sucked, so no I didn't have fun at it. Hero movies are definitely are fun and entertaining movies. They aren't fucking Schindler's List. I even had a good time at it. It was a very entertaining movie. Sad yes, but an overall enjoyable movie experience.

If movies are not enjoyable and fun, what the fuck reason is there to watch them? They aren't educational. Just want to be a sadistic mother fucker, do we?
What is entertaining to you, then? Just comedies, or great special effects?

The point of Batman is to show a guy who lost a lot, and transformed himself in order to help people. Along with his girlfriend who actually cares about the city and about doing what's right. It's a morality play. It's not supposed to be just explosions and special effects.

And I don't give a fuck about the previous versions of Batman. They sucked in comparison. Kind of like how Roger Moore sucked compared to Daniel Craig. A real secret agent would actually know how to fight, and would need to take his job deadly serious, not be cracking stupid jokes all the time.

Entertainment is only one aspect of movies. Another aspect is to be inspired by them. A movie like Ace Ventura is a great comedy, and sure it's great entertainment, but it doesn't inspire anyone or cause them to wonder or develop their values.

There is a time & place for every type of movie.

Last edited by Homeslice; 07-31-2012 at 07:12 PM..
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #70
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
fuck you and get ass cancer