Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #61
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Cool cool. Graduation gift... from college?? I'm not really a fanboy or anything, but I'd go with the 360. Have one myself. Its not that I dislike the PS3, and its free online. But i have an insider in the gaming industry and he said the PS3 is failing. He said it is way overpriced and that nobody is buying. In reaction 3rd party game makers are going to be more hesitant to dump money to develop games that arent gonna get bought. The spread of 360 games is soo much wider imo. Honest to god I lived on a huge college campus for 2 years, and did not know a single person with a PS3. But everyone has a 360 or wii. And I dont like the PS controller at all....

Either way.. as long as you can get Moto GP, SBK, and Gears of War 2... you win!
Yeah, Im finishing my bachelors in mid december. Im leaning towards the 360 simply because all but one of my friends who have newer consoles own them, the other one has both a ps3 and a wii. I like the built in blu ray but with prices on br players coming down some I doubt thats gonna be enough to sway my decision.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #62
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

PS3>All.

And i have all three of the newer consoles btw so I'm not just biased to the one i own.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM   #63
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Its not that I dislike the PS3, and its free online. But i have an insider in the gaming industry and he said the PS3 is failing. He said it is way overpriced and that nobody is buying. In reaction 3rd party game makers are going to be more hesitant to dump money to develop games that arent gonna get bought. The spread of 360 games is soo much wider imo.
You're kidding right? You are aware of the current class action lawsuit in Cali right now right? Accusing Microsoft of knowing about the red ring of death that would affect nearly 50% of the initial 360 released yet they still release it anyways, and if they fully win Microsoft will have to offer a potential refund on every 360 sold since.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #64
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
I got it!!!! Finally came in this morning. Ran over and was the first person to grab one... Sped home, ripped it open. AMAZING!

It is so good, way better than my 06' copy. It's soooo smoothe. Interesting additions to the gameplay too. Like I said before, you start in 125 and work up. No longer do you design your own bike to ride on. You sign contracts with standing teams, and based on performance for the year you get offers from other 125 teams to either switch or move up to 250. When you get up to GP, i guess you sign with the likes of Repsol Honda and Marlboro Ducati. Really cool...

Other changes from my old 06 (maybe not 07) is no longer can you pull through a turn and slam back onto the throttle when leaned over. If you are mid turn you have to gradually and carefully roll onto the throttle. If not the rear end starts to swing out, BUT now you can now save yourself.

Versus the old game, if you are happy on the left thumbstick, it will seem a bit jerkey. But if you adjust your style a bit, this new game is real smoothe. U-turns are a breeze compared to my old game. And it looks GOOD. Real good bike and rider models. Much better track side and especially distant scenery.

And the AI is fixed!!! MUCH better close racing. Not brick walls any more. They adjust to your line... New multiple "simulation" levels are available.

Agreed. The best one yet! Better graphics and great physics. The AI is solid, too. Where the hell is Laguna in career mode? It wasn't after Sachenring. Oh wait, the 125s don't partake in Laguna, nevermind.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #65
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

One day I was at the mall and had 30 minutes to kill while I was waiting on a friend to show up. I thought I would pick the brain of the guys at Game Stop who looked quite bored.

With 3 of them sitting there I asked them to tell me the differences between the PS3 and the 360 and what I should look for in buying them.

After about 20 minutes of nerdy arguing they concluded for me that I would be wise to buy the 360 for instant gratification and the PS3 if I wanted to be happy in the long run.

They also told me Microsoft only planned on the 360 being around for 5 years while Sony intended to keep its PS3 out for 10 years just like they did for the PS2.

That being said the 360s are getting cheap enough that I would pick one up but I am definitely a Sony fanboy.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #66
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Did they mean the Xbox will be redesigned in 5 years or they will stop producing them in 5 years?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #67
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Did they mean the Xbox will be redesigned in 5 years or they will stop producing them in 5 years?
Not sure, most likely meant redesigned or something new will be out on the block. However it seems like it would be easier to just improve on their current system.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #68
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
they will likely be leaning towards a full replacement, which if they follow their previous trend will mean software emulation of 5% of your current titles and to hell with everything else
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:04 PM   #69
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Not sure, most likely meant redesigned or something new will be out on the block. However it seems like it would be easier to just improve on their current system.
That's just what Microsoft does. Releases something with a lot of bugs, spends a lot of money on advertising instead of fixing it, then repeats the process in another 5 years. Look at vista.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #70
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

and the zune
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote