Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #61
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Derf I don't blame you for going after them to repair the bike, BUT I wonder how much you will spend in court, legal fees, time off work etc??? In other words, you might want to go for $1500 plus all that as well or keep in mind you might invest further funds and not see the return you are looking for.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #62
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Derf I don't blame you for going after them to repair the bike, BUT I wonder how much you will spend in court, legal fees, time off work etc??? In other words, you might want to go for $1500 plus all that as well or keep in mind you might invest further funds and not see the return you are looking for.
Oh yeh dude, I'm jewish I was born with a calculator. I already started to keep a log of how much its costing me for this thing in time, gas, tolls, etc...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #63
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Cool! Carry on....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #64
derf
token jewboy

Contacted a lawyer.... (aka my brother in law, but he practices out of philly)
Old 06-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #65
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Man I bet they dropped them unloading at the yard!!! Man, I'm gonna say two things to you, get rid of the D&D exhaust and get a radar detector! I'm so jinxing myself but since I've done these two things, I haven't had any problems with Johnny Law. That exhaust is a cop magnet! It announces your presence well before you arrive and has them looking for you. Your call but all D&D exhausts do is sell cheap and call undo attention to you, bro. Typically, they make the least hp of any exhaust on the market. If you do get any money, try and fit that into your budget. Btw take pics and an estimate of Dave's bike as well. The fact that you can prove your bike was damaged also makes a case for his! Shit the dumb asses probably had yours released and on the kick stand and released the left strap of Dave's bike and boom into yours and over they both went! If you go in with proof, the owner will have to acknowledge that his guys did it. Shit he was probably there when it happened and that's why he's ducking you. Call again, if he won't answer, ask for the name of their liability insurance company. Call them and see what they say about this. I had to do that with a car that I had towed once.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #66
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Bummer. I got pulled over in my cage in New Jersey by a State Trooper. This was in 1977 and I was in a 1965 Chrysler 300. It had a 413 engine and push-button auto transmission that I had installed a B&M Trans-Pak. It could leave rubber for three blocks, and every time it shifted, it felt like someone kicked you in the behind. But I wasn't doing anything wrong at the time.

After checking my license and reg, he said he pulled me over because he never saw a Colorado license plate before and assumed I stole the car and/or plates.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #67
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Call again, if he won't answer, ask for the name of their liability insurance company. Call them and see what they say about this. I had to do that with a car that I had towed once.
I've called a number of times, and he hasn't shown up to work yet, the place closes office hours at 5 so I'm gonna call now, thanks for the tip on the liability I'll ask for that info too.

Edit 1: I'ming with the lawyer

Edit 2: Lawyer is telling me to do stuff ive already done, called the shop again, owner isn't there, and the regular emloyees don't have liability insurance information

edit 3: getting some good legal advice

Last edited by derf; 06-29-2009 at 05:07 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #68
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Have the lawyer call the shop...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #69
derf
token jewboy

He asked me to try and work it out first with the shop if we need to go to small claims court he will represent me, and provide legal advice along the way. All pro bono unless we win in which case he will include his fees in the requested judgement and get paid like that. I wish I could use him for the traffic tickets but he isnt liscensed in NJ just PA

DAVE, I am PMing you some legal info for July 15, sorry about the small talk and other stuff, but read through it

Last edited by derf; 06-29-2009 at 05:25 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #70
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Fuck Man thats Shitty...

The cop was sitting at the end of the bridge behind two concrete barriers...But I dont think there was ANYWAY he could have clocked you guys going 78...He didnt pull out until I was already halfway up the bridge and By then you guys were damn near at the top.

I think the Speeding is Bogus...

He was chilling on the left right when you guys merged on...I saw him and went into chill mode immediatly...then saw him pull out and knew you guys were fucked...But I think he thought you were doign more shit than you really were b/c I heard daves bike...