Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #771
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I have steady hands! When I take face pics they come out really harsh and unflattering esp when I use the flash. Its fine in outdoor lighting though . And its really blurry in low lighting. Not sure if the settings can be adjusted but I usually just set it to an auto mode. My pictures always came out nice with film though.
need off camera flash or bounce flash or something.. i go back and forth between fill flash and no flash.. just depends.. lighting is very tricky..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #772
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
you could still edit it in lightroom or photoshop i would think..
I could. But won't.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #773
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

AHHHH you guys are making my brain hurt. Thanks OSP I will look into the the canon. I will hit you guys up for more info prob in a couple of weeks after finals are over and I have some breathing room, I hope. If not, I will definately be looking to get something end of august when school is done and I have a life again.

Do those big ass cameras take better pics? The ones that look really touristy? I saw some on the walmart site for about $300. I rather have a small camera just for portability but if the bigger ones are better then I would consider those too.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #774
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
AHHHH you guys are making my brain hurt. Thanks OSP I will look into the the canon. I will hit you guys up for more info prob in a couple of weeks after finals are over and I have some breathing room, I hope. If not, I will definately be looking to get something end of august when school is done and I have a life again.

Do those big ass cameras take better pics? The ones that look really touristy? I saw some on the walmart site for about $300. I rather have a small camera just for portability but if the bigger ones are better then I would consider those too.
youre asian its in your dna to have cameras and take pictures
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #775
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
youre asian its in your dna to have cameras and take pictures
Those are Japanese people, not the Chinese. I also can't do math.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #776
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Those are Japanese people, not the Chinese. I also can't do math.
and we know how you drive lol
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #777
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
and we know how you drive lol
Im a great driver!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #778
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:

You probably mean a DSLR. And yes they do take better pictures. But it probably wasn't a SLR you saw for 300...just a big point and shoot.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #779
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You probably mean a DSLR. And yes they do take better pictures. But it probably wasn't a SLR you saw for 300...just a big point and shoot.
yeah the SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera's and Digital SLR(DSLR) are the ones you can swap out the lens on. (SLR shoots film, DSLR shoot digitally) usually they run about 500+. They do take better photos, as the sensor is bigger, they may be less mp (mega pixles) than a point and shoot or p/s (my Nikon D300 is only 12mp, sony makes a 14mp p/s)

if you're looking at DSLRs don't get too caught up on the mega pixles. find one, and try it out... they can be much more complicated than a p/s and if you're just shooting in auto, it's hard to justify the price and inconvenience of lugging it around.

another thing you can look at is something like the Olympus Pen, or the Panasonic Luminx lines... they take great quality photos, offer you the chance for full adjustment (not always auto) and change of lens.

above all... remember it's like bikes... it's the rider not the bike... though a good bike can make the rider better... it's still 80+% rider
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #780
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:

Better photographers take better pictures. It's sort of like how most sportbike riders don't come anywhere near the limits of what their bikes can do

A DSLR gives you more possibilities, but it doesn't take better pictures.

I've seen excellent landscape pictures that were taken by professional photographers, with pocket cameras, and sold for a pretty penny.

This is expensive, compared to a pocket camera, but it gives you DSLR flexibility in something not much bigger than a pocket camera.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/olympusep3/

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote