Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you mow yourself or pay someone?
Mow it myself! 36 80.00%
Pay someone! 5 11.11%
Something about whores here. 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #71
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
We're not talking about drugs.
Turnips then?
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #72
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

i don't consider your lawn gardening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #73
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Turnips then?
Eww, gross.

Does this beautiful flower look like drugs to you?

1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #74
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
2 acres. What is the brand of tractor and how long have you had it? We do have a Tractor Supply. I didn't think of going there for a mower. I am going there anyway because I have some pasture fencing to put up. You are right about it adding up and that is part of what bothers me..

Ohh and I want chickens too!! I came very close to getting them for my son for his birthday but decided I just don't need anything else to take care of right now.

Hey Rider, something else I forgot to ask. How short do you keep your lawn? The shorter the harder it is on the grass. If you don't already, keep the blade at the highest level!

this is the one we have.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/outdoor...ractor-4500599

got it on sale, have had it for just over two years. no problems with it at all.

chickens are interesting but a bit of work. they are fun though. a word of caution, watch out for s. we lost 4 hens to s eating them.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #75
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
this is the one we have.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/outdoor...ractor-4500599

got it on sale, have had it for just over two years. no problems with it at all.

chickens are interesting but a bit of work. they are fun though. a word of caution, watch out for s. we lost 4 hens to eating them.

Oh my dogs would take care of the s! Only problem is they would also take care of the chickens! That's another reason I decided to pass for now.. I could see all kinds of dead chicken drama in my future..

Cutty agreed, the lawn is not gardening but we were talking about fertilizer and gardening related things.. I am on a gardening forum unfortunately they are mostly old ladies and I was always ticking them off so I stopped posting!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #76
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
So you'd transplant them after the veg stage? Seems like too much of a pain.
Always... To somewhere they get more light. They dont need as much for the first 8-9 weeks.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #77
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Always... To somewhere they get more light. They dont need as much for the first 8-9 weeks.
You guys do a bit more outdoor growing up there in your more friendly legal climate I imagine. Everything down south is done indoors, for the most part, and then outdoors again as you get into Mexico. Some indoor growers think that after plants take root they actually need equal or more light than they do when they flower. Their logic is that this is when the plants set up the infrastructure that will deliver the flowers later on, so they're going for very vigorous root systems that way. Most people still use more light to flower though.

MILF, this could apply to tomatoes or peppers too. =)
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #78
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Oh my dogs would take care of the s! Only problem is they would also take care of the chickens! That's another reason I decided to pass for now.. I could see all kinds of dead chicken drama in my future..
yeah that was what I thought but, dogs were inside when the masked bandito came around. they were going off but we didn't know why. getting the dogs used to the chickens is another thing altogether. LOL The little one was easy, the birds weigh more then her and are not friendly to dogs. the boxer has tried to play squeaky toy a couple times. the birds will go after her now and then but only one or two of them. It is funny sometimes. I use the boxer for rounding birds up and put them in the coop.

ours are more like pets then "farm" animals. they can be held, come when called (the chickens not the dogs LOL) they are funny.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #79
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
You guys do a bit more outdoor growing up there in your more friendly legal climate I imagine. Everything down south is done indoors, for the most part, and then outdoors again as you get into Mexico. Some indoor growers think that after plants take root they actually need equal or more light than they do when they flower. Their logic is that this is when the plants set up the infrastructure that will deliver the flowers later on, so they're going for very vigorous root systems that way. Most people still use more light to flower though.

MILF, this could apply to tomatoes or peppers too. =)
Canadian summers are perfect for outdoor growing, and we have perfect soil.

The ideal when outdoors is to put them somewhere where the sun gets to them only in the afternoon, till about sunset, until its time to flower. Then, before they flower, you want to move them into a space where they will get light from morning to night (preferably 16 hours)

Now, if your growing a huge crop (a la mexico), it would make no sense to do this, your better off just leaving them in constant light, because you can imagine the trouble to move thousands of plants. But for the average guy up here, who keeps 4-6 plants, its perfectly doable. In a large crop, too much light is deadly, because you dont want any males that may be in the crop to grow too fast and destroy your whole crop before you can single them out. With clones though, this isnt a problem.

Indoors is a different story. You have the advantage of high pressure sodium lights (preferably a 400, 600, and 1000watt for different stages). Then they get not only the light, but extreme heat. Add hydro rocks, pumps, and ph testers, and you can get the real good stuff. But a potted plant from a good strain with those three lights alone, make great weed. I wouldn't use Miracle Grow indoors, better off with a high end plant food.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 04-09-2010 at 07:29 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #80
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
2 acres with a walk-behind...yep that is definitely exercise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Holy hell!!!!!!!!
there are times when this philosophy backfires, believe me

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote