Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #71
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
You defend the conservative stance that is FAILING MISERABLY, but I'm bull headed?
Liberal or Conservative has NOTHING to do with it so don't attempt to muddy the waters with another of your Faux News rants. (I don't watch them eithah...just say'in.)

The fact of the matter of it is, despite your intense hatred of the law, it's still the law. And the law, and this is the tricky bit so pay attention, APPLIES TO YOU LIKE IT DOES EVERYONE ELSE until it's rescinded. Yes, you WILL be punished if caught and convicted of violating it. And NO, that doesn't make you a victim as you are aware of the laws existence and the consequences for violating it. And yes, by it's very definition, that IS justice.

You're bull headed because you seem to be unwilling...or unable....to accept that reality.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #72
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Seriously?

The Nazi card?

You have something people living under the Nazis would never have DREAMED of having...a VOICE....a CHOICE....an OPPORTUNITY to have a say in creating the rules under which the society you live in functions.

Instead of exercising that voice in a productive way, you CHOOSE to spout off bull headed non-sense on the internet and apparently whine about being a "victim" of "injustice" when caught violating the rules you have a say in creating.

And I'M simple minded?

Try again.....
Unfortunately he can't change the law by himself.. I would think in a "forum" such as this where other people have different views and beliefs about these laws and are discussing it in an intelligent manner could possibly get some to wake up and realize that some of these laws are based on a series of lies. Then once enough people realize that the propaganda wasn't true and we all need to do something about it, then the law could possibly be rescinded.

There are a bunch of people in here regurgitating LEO propaganda about why certain things are bad so they can keep their huge as fuck budgets.

Illegal immigrants, prostitution, gambling, and drugs need to take a back burner to some real fucking issues.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #73
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
The fact of the matter of it is, despite your intense hatred of the law, it's still the law. And the law, and this is the tricky bit so pay attention, APPLIES TO YOU LIKE IT DOES EVERYONE ELSE until it's rescinded. Yes, you WILL be punished if caught and convicted of violating it. And NO, that doesn't make you a victim as you are aware of the laws existence and the consequences for violating it. And yes, by it's very definition, that IS justice.
Not if it's an unjust law, enacted by DECEPTION.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #74
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Seriously?

The Nazi card?
You're right. I shouldn't have called you Adolf.

Richard Nixon was responsible for initiating the "war on drugs" (even if he didn't start the false propaganda about cannabis).

From now on, I'll call you "Dick".
Old 06-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #75
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

At least make it "Tricky Dick." It reminds me of my childhood, watching the Watergate Hearings. Yeah, I was a weird kid.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #76
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I think you guys are having 2 different arguments here...KS is arguing that the law is the law, not whether or not the law is right. I think you guys are so hyped up on your drug laws etc kick you're missing that simple point.

He is 100% correct, the law is the law. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't mean we agree with the law, only that we recognize it for what it is.

The public that was paying attention when the law was passed DID want it Avy. So if y'all want to change it, start lobbying and getting your buddies to pay attention and do too...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #77
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I think you guys are having 2 different arguments here...KS is arguing that the law is the law, not whether or not the law is right. I think you guys are so hyped up on your drug laws etc kick you're missing that simple point.
No, because it was in defense of the idea of putting prisoners to work in the fields doing hard labor...meaning it's not only absurd, it's adding insult to injury for those already suffering from the effects of these unfair laws.

Quote:
He is 100% correct, the law is the law. Doesn't make it right. Doesn't mean we agree with the law, only that we recognize it for what it is.
If people didn't want the law, but it was forced on them, it's not a law that the people should be expected to respect.

This should be obvious to anyone with a even a cursory understanding of human behavior.

Quote:
The public that was paying attention when the law was passed DID want it Avy.
No, they didn't. I suggest you read more.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #78
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

See, where you went wrong Rae, was assuming Av is a rational person with any sort of sense of reality. He doesn't think with any sort of logic or reason in most cases...

The drug laws are bad, enforcement of them is bad, but where we part ways is the thought that people somehow are obligated to, or in the least shouldn't consider the ramifications of, breaking these laws. That's the logic and reason disconnect.

I think it's pretty easy... You don't want to go to prison, stop breaking the law - regardless of how wrong the law is... It would seem that Av thinks it makes more sense to just disregard the law and cry about it when you're held accountable.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #79
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

No, that's not it at all, but comprehension is not your strong suit.

I said your idea about further punishing drug offenders (which represent the vast majority of incarcerated people in America) with hard labor is STUPID.

THAT'S what I said.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #80
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

It wouldn't be 'further' punishment, it would be the punishment... Equal for everyone - drug offender or not. And again, they had/have a choice in the matter - break the law or don't break the law.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote