Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #71
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
What is entertaining to you, then? Just comedies, or great special effects?

The point of Batman is to show a guy who lost a lot, and transformed himself in order to help people. Along with his girlfriend who actually cares about the city and about doing what's right. It's a morality play. It's not supposed to be just explosions and special effects.

And I don't give a fuck about the previous versions of Batman. They sucked in comparison. Kind of like how Roger Moore sucked compared to Daniel Craig. A real secret agent would actually know how to fight, and would need to take his job deadly serious, not be cracking stupid jokes all the time.

Entertainment is only one aspect of movies. Another aspect is to be inspired by them. A movie like Ace Ventura is a great comedy, and sure it's great entertainment, but it doesn't inspire anyone or cause them to wonder or develop their values.

There is a time & place for every type of movie.
Good stories are entertaining. Schlinder's list is an example that I used, it's a great story and definitely can inspire people, it is also a very entertaining movie. It holds your attention and sucks you into the story, which is what a great movie does...

Entertainment is every aspect of a movie. If they don't entertain and suck you into the story, then they don't make money because people don't want to see them. Even action and morality has to be entertaining.

As far as being inspired by Batman, that worked out real well in Colorado.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #72
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Batman (1989) & Batman Returns (1992) was the shit. Go fuck yo selves.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #73
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Click on Comics

http://www.3demonic.com/kitindex.html

Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #74
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Good stories are entertaining. Schlinder's list is an example that I used, it's a great story and definitely can inspire people, it is also a very entertaining movie. It holds your attention and sucks you into the story, which is what a great movie does...

Entertainment is every aspect of a movie. If they don't entertain and suck you into the story, then they don't make money because people don't want to see them. Even action and morality has to be entertaining.

As far as being inspired by Batman, that worked out real well in Colorado.
lol, "Whats a good movie to you Trip?"

"Oh, you know, just the most incredibly depressing shit I can think to watch."

That's dark dude.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #75
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I thought the movie was awesome. Just a great way to end the trilogy.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #76
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

***** SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS *****

It's odd that "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" was mentioned. I had the same opinion about that movie: great up until the last few minutes. For both movies, the directors / writers somehow took all the heroism and badassery of two of the most badass characters in all of geekdom, rolled it up, and smoked it in a matter of seconds. For Transformers, it was Optimus Prime, electro-mechanical role model to all boys of the 80's, begging for his life. Then, not three seconds after Megatron saves his sorry ass, he up and kills Megatron for his trouble.

For Batman, it was knocking the crap out of Bane only to be stabbed once by some scrawny whore and reduced to a blubbery pile of worthlessness. Are you shitting me? "Oh, but his heart was broken." Bullshit. Batman doesn't cry. That's what the damn mask is for. Batman had no relationship to Miranda/Talia other than "that's the bitch that just poked me in the spleen with a blade, so I should break most of her bones." Bruce Wayne, yeah, sure, he can cry and feel betrayed and collapse into a worthless pile all he wants. But not the goddamn Batman.

Optimus Prime doesn't beg for mercy. The goddamn Batman doesn't cry when he's stabbed, shot, double-crossed, betrayed by his own damn momma, or poked in the eyes. Those are fairly simple concepts which, you'd think, would be A-number-fucking-1 on the list of "things our movie heroes won't be doing in our films because if they were to do them it would absolutely ruin the entire trilogy in a matter of seconds."

Other than that, great movies...

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #77
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post

It's odd that "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" was mentioned. I had the same opinion about that movie: great up until the last few minutes. For both movies, the directors / writers somehow took all the heroism and badassery of two of the most badass characters in all of geekdom, rolled it up, and smoked it in a matter of seconds. For Transformers, it was Optimus Prime, electro-mechanical role model to all boys of the 80's, begging for his life. Then, not three seconds after Megatron saves his sorry ass, he up and kills Megatron for his trouble.

For Batman, it was knocking the crap out of Bane only to be stabbed once by some scrawny whore and reduced to a blubbery pile of worthlessness. Are you shitting me? "Oh, but his heart was broken." Bullshit. Batman doesn't cry. That's what the damn mask is for. Batman had no relationship to Miranda/Talia other than "that's the bitch that just poked me in the spleen with a blade, so I should break most of her bones." Bruce Wayne, yeah, sure, he can cry and feel betrayed and collapse into a worthless pile all he wants. But not the goddamn Batman.

Optimus Prime doesn't beg for mercy. The goddamn Batman doesn't cry when he's stabbed, shot, double-crossed, betrayed by his own damn momma, or poked in the eyes. Those are fairly simple concepts which, you'd think, would be A-number-fucking-1 on the list of "things our movie heroes won't be doing in our films because if they were to do them it would absolutely ruin the entire trilogy in a matter of seconds."

Other than that, great movies...

Disagree, by that point there was no Batman vs Bruce Wayne. All the bad guys knew he was Bruce Wayne and half of the good guys knew too, so when Bruce Wayne got stabbed by the one person he trusted he was shocked.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #78
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

The thing that still erks me the most about this Batman series is the microwave emitter that vaporizes water in Batman Begins. Why the fuck does it not cook humans? LOL
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #79
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

***** SPOILER-ISH SPOILER-ISH SPOILER-ISH *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Disagree, by that point there was no Batman vs Bruce Wayne. All the bad guys knew he was Bruce Wayne and half of the good guys knew too, so when Bruce Wayne got stabbed by the one person he trusted he was shocked.
Ah HA! Then why was he still talking in his gruff Batman voice?

In some seriousness, though, there is this growing trend in hollywood to make heroes more "human" by pussifying them. I don't think that's necessary. You can have heroic icons who are stronger than average people in public, "on the job," and explore their humanity in "private." The first two films did a great job of this, there was no reason to turn Batman into a blubbering toddler in the third.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by fatbuckRTO; 08-09-2012 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: then, than, screw you, it's early
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #80
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post

Ah HA! Then why was he still talking in his gruff Batman voice?

In some seriousness, though, there is this growing trend in hollywood to make heroes more "human" by pussifying them. I don't think that's necessary. You can have heroic icons who are stronger than average people in public, "on the job," and explore their humanity in "private." The first two films did a great job of this, there was no reason to turn Batman into a blubbering toddler in the third.

Obviously his Bat-cowl is too tight and compresses his larynx.

I do agree that movie heroes arent as badass as they should be. I was never very into the Harry Potter series but I did see all of the movies and I was really disappointed that he never progressed beyond being a weakling that got lucky some times. By the last one he should have been dominating folks.