Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #71
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Some do, particularly if you are buying insurance on your own, but it is not even close to all. Specific to his nephew I may just not be aware of it but I've never heard of a pre-existing condition for a newborn either. That's why I asked why he would assume.

I'm certainly not saying it isn't a problem but the "pre-existing condition" issue is given so much attention people who don't know better assume if you had the flu one time you will never be able to get insurance again.
Except that in this case, it was a pre-existing condition, as it was known that he would need surgery at birth, about 4 months before he was born. Perhaps he could have recieved insurance, I don't know for sure, but thhere still would have been huge co-pays.

All I am saying is that if we don't have a problem with our own system, why do americans seem to want to pretend that there is a problem with it.

I have never, ever known a person who did not get the treatment they needed. If there is anything our medical system can do, they will do it. The cost of much of this stuff is astronomical. If we don't have a problem with paying 30% tax and deductions(EI, CPP, etc etc), why the fuck should you guys care? It does not affect you in any way, and most families are in need of the health care system, so yes, in effect it costs us nothing. As I said before, just your co-pays alone can add up to more than most people pay in taxes in a year, if lengthy care is required. Yes, you don't NEED to pay it, but i'm sure it fucks your credit, and causes as many bankruptcies as any other issue, aside from job losses. I much prefer our system, as do the vast majority of Canadians.

My standard of living is quite high. I don't have a problem with paying taxes. If it doesn't bother me, why the hell should it bother you guys? As a matter of fact, if the government would propose free college/university for students who keep their grades above, say 80%/B, I would vote to raise taxes for that, as well. I am a firm believer that education should be free and available to anyone who is willing to work hard enough to keep decent grades. Just as I believe nobody should recieve a bill for being sick or injured. In turn, those students who use the free education system, end up being lifelong tax payers who contribute to our society with their own tax dollars, instead of contributing to the riches of the banks who create interest rates on student loans high enough ensure the student is paying them for the next 12-15 years.

What I would stop though, is one of the biggest drains on society. Long term welfare. We have far too much of it. Anyone on welfare should be forced to take classes to improve their job skills, and to ffind work within 3-6 months, except in extreme cases (Mentally retarded people, severely disabled persons, and single mothers for the first year (and only the first) of the childs life. Welfare is a huge, senseless drain on our economy, and needs to be stopped.

Taxes are a great thing. I'm sorry you people are so afraid of them.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #72
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Taxes are not a great thing because government is NOT a great thing. If our government was fully transparent, simplified, and efficient I think you'd see a lot less bitching about taxes and the government forcing of healthcare. The fact is, our government is such a clusterfuck of waste, abuse, and retardidity that having them control something that the private sector actually deals with pretty decently is cause for alarm. And frankly, part of the reason the private sector doesn't deal with it better is BECAUSE of government.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #73
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

you think the canadian system is better? it's not. there's only 5-6 canadians on here. thats 1/2 the popuation there, and none of canadians posters here are illegals.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #74
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
you think the canadian system is better? it's not. there's only 5-6 canadians on here. thats 1/2 the popuation there, and none of canadians posters here are illegals.
This is America Motherfucker.

Speak English.

JC
Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #75
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

If Canada had to fund a world wide police force that keeps their ass from becoming Chinese slaves, you might have to pay a bit more.

It must be nice to live next door to someone that protects you for free.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #76
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
If Canada had to fund a world wide police force that keeps their ass from becoming Chinese slaves, you might have to pay a bit more.

Dude, what?

JC
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #77
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:

Protect Canada from who?

Is this about the Red Dawn remake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #78
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:

The only time we'll have to seek defence against becoming Chinese slaves is when they call your loans due, then march across the 49th to take our oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Protect Canada from who?

Is this about the Red Dawn remake?
Couldn't be. Those guys are North Korean (wink-wink).

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #79
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Except that in this case, it was a pre-existing condition, as it was known that he would need surgery at birth, about 4 months before he was born. Perhaps he could have recieved insurance, I don't know for sure, but thhere still would have been huge co-pays.

All I am saying is that if we don't have a problem with our own system, why do americans seem to want to pretend that there is a problem with it.

I have never, ever known a person who did not get the treatment they needed. If there is anything our medical system can do, they will do it. The cost of much of this stuff is astronomical. If we don't have a problem with paying 30% tax and deductions(EI, CPP, etc etc), why the fuck should you guys care? It does not affect you in any way, and most families are in need of the health care system, so yes, in effect it costs us nothing. As I said before, just your co-pays alone can add up to more than most people pay in taxes in a year, if lengthy care is required. Yes, you don't NEED to pay it, but i'm sure it fucks your credit, and causes as many bankruptcies as any other issue, aside from job losses. I much prefer our system, as do the vast majority of Canadians.

My standard of living is quite high. I don't have a problem with paying taxes. If it doesn't bother me, why the hell should it bother you guys? As a matter of fact, if the government would propose free college/university for students who keep their grades above, say 80%/B, I would vote to raise taxes for that, as well. I am a firm believer that education should be free and available to anyone who is willing to work hard enough to keep decent grades. Just as I believe nobody should recieve a bill for being sick or injured. In turn, those students who use the free education system, end up being lifelong tax payers who contribute to our society with their own tax dollars, instead of contributing to the riches of the banks who create interest rates on student loans high enough ensure the student is paying them for the next 12-15 years.

What I would stop though, is one of the biggest drains on society. Long term welfare. We have far too much of it. Anyone on welfare should be forced to take classes to improve their job skills, and to ffind work within 3-6 months, except in extreme cases (Mentally retarded people, severely disabled persons, and single mothers for the first year (and only the first) of the childs life. Welfare is a huge, senseless drain on our economy, and needs to be stopped.

Taxes are a great thing. I'm sorry you people are so afraid of them.
I can't speak for anyone but myself but it isn't an issue of taxes for me. Having dealt with England's health care system I'll pay more out of pocket to avoid that kind of shit show. I'm happy you like your health care system. I found England's to be lacking and for some of the reasons outlined by OSP I suspect single payer in this country would be even worse.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #80
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I can't speak for anyone but myself but it isn't an issue of taxes for me. Having dealt with England's health care system I'll pay more out of pocket to avoid that kind of shit show. I'm happy you like your health care system. I found England's to be lacking and for some of the reasons outlined by OSP I suspect single payer in this country would be even worse.
England's health care system is completely different than Canada's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote