Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #71
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
After my deductible. I shouldn't have to be out my deductible if she was responsible. And I am not sure because I haven't had it happen to me, but I think my premiums would go up since I had a claim. Not sure about that one though.
Man again get broadform insurance! If it's not your fault, you don't pay a deductible. Also, your insurance "shouldn't" raise your rates for non-at-fault accidents. If they do, start shopping for insurance. I did that recently because my insurance was trying to charge me for last year's deer accident. I made some calls and saved $300 every six months.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #72
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I was not even remotely angry at you. I was quoting my intepretation of someone else's accusations toward me in the other thread.
rats, I thought I had evoked some emotion.

I'll try harder next time. LOL

NO problem either way, all in fun.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #73
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Up here you don't pay your deductible if it's the other driver's fault unless it's an uninsured motorist.

If any of your politicians start pushing mandatory "no fault" insurance, kill him before he breeds.
Last time, doesn't your insurance company offer BROAD FORM coverage? It costs me like $16/6 months and waives my deductible if I am not at fault. Like I said, cover your own ass and quit worrying about everyone else. Yea you lost $500 but the other person lost their vehicle, possibly their freedom, a butt load of money in fines, possibly their job, etc, etc. I know it's their own fault but I think they are punished. Everyone is talking like these uninsured people walk away Scot-free from these incidents. They get what's coming to them and you're covered so.... I keep saying this, the lack of insurance didn't CAUSE the accident...
Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #74
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Last time, doesn't your insurance company offer BROAD FORM coverage?
Last time....insurance in CANADA is different than insurance in the US.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #75
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
He said they abided by the law. So, I'm guessing a parking ticket wasn't a concern.

I can't afford to pay a speeding ticket, so I go the speed limit. It's pretty simple.
Yea I have problems with people would claim to "always" obey every law... I find it very hard to believe. Btw you've never gone 30 in a 25 mph zone or 60 in a 55 mph zone... yea right.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #76
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Last time, doesn't your insurance company offer BROAD FORM coverage? It costs me like $16/6 months and waives my deductible if I am not at fault. Like I said, cover your own ass and quit worrying about everyone else. Yea you lost $500 but the other person lost their vehicle, possibly their freedom, a butt load of money in fines, possibly their job, etc, etc. I know it's their own fault but I think they are punished. Everyone is talking like these uninsured people walk away Scot-free from these incidents. They get what's coming to them and you're covered so.... I keep saying this, the lack of insurance didn't CAUSE the accident...
You can buy the deductible down to zero, but it's prohibitively expensive. you can even sue for the deductible, but blood from a stone and all that.

The person who hit me was out on the road, driving illegally and delivering pizzas, within 48 hours of having hit me. I reported him but his address on his license was old, and he dodged police until he could pay his fines to have his license reinstated, then got a back-dated insurance card.

He ended up being out something like $7K on the "no valid insurance" charge, a couple of hundred bucks for "failure to yield right of way", and a damaged clunker that he replaced with another clunker within 2 days. He was back to making untaxed earnings while driving illegally. I doubt that having his license suspended stopped him from driving for a living for a single day but I actually had to work for a living, so I couldn't keep trying to get him nailed.

Pretty damned close to scott-free, by my books.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #77
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Oh come on Tig, just because you arent perfect doesnt mean the rest of us cant be.

I have never *crosses fingers* sped on a public road, in my car or on the bike, I always obey laws and all the requirements of every place I am in and I am truly an exemplary and "perfect" person. Swear.

I couldnt even type that with a straight face...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #78
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
THIS difference.

Everybody that actually pays their insurance, and carries under/un-insured coverage is paying for those that don't - and generally paying a good bit, not some trivial amount.

How is that so seemingly difficult to understand?

Do you really believe that the ins companies would stop charging that if more people got insurance? It's a scam! My insurance pays for my vehicle no matter the circumstances. It's bullshit. Then the states get involved with their cute little charge on our insurance that's supposed to cover uninsured motorists but isn't that WELFARE or medicaid? Like I said it's all bs and it's not predicated on what percentage of the populous has insurance. They could easily make people get it if they wanted to. In NC the DMV, ins co and license bureau is CLOSE! They all are linked and know immediately if your situation changes. At least that's the way I hear it. Besides this insurance business is more about lawsuits than it is about property or medical bills.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #79
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

You know what? You're correct, I don't NEED to know. So why the fuck would you TELL me?? Especially if you KNOW it's not legal - or if you know my elitest attitude at all... why would you TELL me that you are making a conscious effort to break the law around me. Park your illegal ass next to me, and drive the same streets / parking lots as I do.

THEN it becomes my business. And, if there were more people that were socially aware, we might not have the huge problem that we have about such illegal behavior. But, by knowing it and letting it go - I'm endorsing the behavior.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #80
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Oh come on Tig, just because you arent perfect doesnt mean the rest of us cant be.

I have never *crosses fingers* sped on a public road, in my car or on the bike, I always obey laws and all the requirements of every place I am in and I am truly an exemplary and "perfect" person. Swear.

I couldnt even type that with a straight face...
It was the 1970s. A speeding ticket for 20 over might as well have been a slap on the wrist, but back then they would even let you drive home rather than hit you with an impaired driving charge. We were in a city with pretty good mass transit so the barely working car didn't get much of a workout, and full coverage insurance was under $200/yr on that POS.

But I guess there aren't too many people here who can relate to a time when the youngest Jackson had just started out and looked black.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote