Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #81
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
1) The article proved that Walmart doesn't always have the best prices.

It says the stuff I would buy at Wally is still cheaper than Target. I don't have a Target within 15 miles of me, but a Wally world within 5.

2) Walmart customers are a lower statum of society, and are more likely to annoy or disgust you with the way they behave.

Not true here, you see them everywhere. This is East Tenn though.

3) Their checkouts suck.

Self checkout ftmfw

4) You can't see where the different departments are, unless maybe you're 7 feet tall.

6'1", no issues

5) There's piles of shit in your way, blocking your path. I prefer wide aisles, I don't like having to wait for other people to manuever their cart around that pile of boxes.

Ours is surprisingly clean and roomy. Two carts can go down an aisle.

6) Often it's disorganized, like for example they'll have a sale on HP printers, so they'll put them in 2 entirely different parts of the store. Why the hell do I want to see printers near the laundry soap?

I buy shit like that on the internet. Laundry soap isn't next to the electronics at mine. It's over by the groceries.

7) If you go late at night, the stockboys & forklifts are blocking your path.

That's true of any type of store open all night. They have to stock the shelves at some point.

8) Even Trip, who lives in one of the states Walmart dominates, says their produce sucks.

No argument here, I am picky about my produce.
Damn, dude.

You're really going out of your way to suck the Wal-Mart dick.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #82
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

Fuck that, what's the point of shopping there? Really cheap?
So now you're saying shopping at Aldi isn't worth the hassle?

Sounds like a few of us saying it isn't worth shopping at Walmart.

It's the same deal ---- Sooner or later, the inconvenience makes it not worth it anymore.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #83
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
This is East Tenn though..
Point taken. Course Memphis shoppers would probably be worse..

Quote:
Self checkout ftmfw.
What if you have a cart completely full of groceries? You really going to scan and bag all of that yourself? That would take 3 times as long as having someone do it for you (assuming they're competent).

Quote:
6'1", no issues.
OK, so you can stand on one end of the store, and see what that departments is on the other end of the store? I find that hard to believe. You probably just think you can, because you've been shopping there for years and know where shit is. In most real cities, the Walmarts shit is stacked 10-12 feet high and you can't see around it.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #84
Homeslice
Elitist

Walmart OWNED
Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #85
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
You know whats one of the worst shopping experiences, fucking apple stores. I hate those fucking snotty little bastards. Getting them to answer a simple question is impossible.
They get in your shit too. Walked in one to see how much a usb cable was for vic's new to her used ipod and their guy starts giving me shit about my droid not being an iphone. Took a lot of willpower not to say he really was a genius.

Fat bearded git
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #86
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
What if you have a cart completely full of groceries? You really going to scan and bag all of that yourself? That would take 3 times as long as having someone do it for you (assuming they're competent).

OK, so you can stand on one end of the store, and see what that departments is on the other end of the store? I find that hard to believe. You probably just think you can, because you've been shopping there for years and know where shit is. In most real cities, the Walmarts shit is stacked 10-12 feet high and you can't see around it.
I am not a family buying a shit ton of stuff, but I can do my normal shopping through self checkout. Which is about 3 weeks worth of groceries. I don't shop at walmart for groceries like I said above though. My normal walmart purchase is just off the wall stuff I need. My large shopping trips aren't to walmart, I shop at local marts where I can get produce I actually like, but I still use self checkout for those.

If I am standing in an aisle, no, but if you go to the open aisles in the middle when you would be looking around for stuff I can see the sections. Plus with Walmart layouts, if you been to one you can usually find your way around any of them even if they have a different layout. They always have a certain flow about them that easy to understand.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #87
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So now you're saying shopping at Aldi isn't worth the hassle?

Sounds like a few of us saying it isn't worth shopping at Walmart.

It's the same deal ---- Sooner or later, the inconvenience makes it not worth it anymore.
If they are generic, I probably wouldn't shop at them anyway. Like I said before, I buy my groceries at more of a grocery store where I can get good produce. I don't really shop at walmart for the prices anyway. I shop there because it's the super mart that's close. If it was Meijers or Target, I would shop there. I am not loyal to Wally world by any means.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #88
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Really cheap, and the quarter is there to prevent stealing the cart or influence you to return your cart to the store. It lets you unlock the cart and you get your 25 cents back with you lock it back up.
Now I know where to buy shopping carts for a quarter.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #89
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
If they are generic, I probably wouldn't shop at them anyway. Like I said before, I buy my groceries at more of a grocery store where I can get good produce. I don't really shop at walmart for the prices anyway. I shop there because it's the super mart that's close. If it was Meijers or Target, I would shop there. I am not loyal to Wally world by any means.
Well, generic (private label) stuff is just as good as brand-name stuff these days. Do you have Trader Joes? All their stuff is private label. And they are owned by Aldi too.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-25-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Old 03-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #90
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Really cheap, and the quarter is there to prevent stealing the cart or influence you to return your cart to the store. It lets you unlock the cart and you get your 25 cents back with you lock it back up.
Hmm, if that's their intention, then it should be a dollar or more, because some people roll them all the way to their apartment (typically section 8 places). Hell, I used to live near one that would send someone out in a flatbed every couple days to go find all the carts people took.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-25-2011 at 03:15 PM..